• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Apropos of nothing:

bbd89aa163eddcfda4772463b308c2a7.jpg

New avatar it is

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/michael-caine-black-actors-should-be-patient.html

Seriously guys. Listen to this privileged royal British white male. Stop complaining. be patient. yeah, you have waited decades already...but ...be patient...

CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
Fuck out of here.

Any minute now. Any minute.

Or, just get in line. After all the white people.

What's amazing about the defenses, is that the academy is not defending it. The president rejected it and now there are new rules. Just announced today. So stop caping.

#thanksjada.

Jeezy, aunt viv, old actress, Caine. Stfu.

Gordon one of those people who wears shorts and flip flops in the winter.

I actually just went into town in jeans and a tank top. To be fair, I had just worked out prior so I was still kind of riding the high off that, but this is one of the few times of the year I can run around and actually enjoy the cold instead of having to bundle up.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just helped a white girl get her car out from being stuck in the snow while I was on the way back from getting some chinese food. There's my good deed for the year.

Gattsu25

Banned
Trying to upload some Future mixtapes to Google Music before the power outage hits...hurry up damnit.

If I didn't lose power after 1/4 inch of snow I would be excited right now. Now I'm just making sure all my batteries are charged up.

Repost from the comics OT

9472ddbb6.jpg

bce769e25.jpg

Above we have a sketch of T’Challa dabbin’ on dem folks courtesy of Brian Stelfreeze. Obviously, I can’t really take much credit for this sketch. Brian has this great ability, not just to interpret script direction, but to actually add on and make something new and beautiful.

With that said I’d like to talk some about T’Challa’s major challenge in this first season of Black Panther. (Here’s hoping there will be more.) When I accepted the task of writing the new Black Panther comic, I was faced with an obvious question—Who is this guy? There was the obvious and the known—T’Challa is the ruler of the mythical African nation of Wakanda. But to write, I needed to develop a grounded theory of T’Challa’s great loves, small annoyances and everything in between. The grounding came from past depictions of T’Challa by writers like Don McGregor, Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin and Jonathan Hickman.

I also had to create some sort of working theory about Wakanda, and to the extent to which I came to one it is this: Wakanda is a contradiction. It is the most advanced nation on Earth, existing under one of the most primitive forms of governance on Earth. In the present telling, Wakanda’s technological superiority goes back centuries. Presumably it’s population is extremely well educated, and yet that population willingly accedes to rule by blood. T’Challa descends from an unbroken line of kings, all who’ve taken up the mantle of the Black Panther. But if you’ve ever studied monarchy, it becomes immediately apparent that the aptitude, or even the desire, to govern isn’t genetic.

Leaving aside the problems of reconciling absolute monarchy with ultra-modernism, there are the actual events in Wakanda which have happened previous writers. In recent years Wakandans have endured a coup courtesy of the villainous Achebe, another courtesy Dr. Doom, the murder of two of T’Challa top lieutenants, a cataclysmic flood courtesy of Prince Namor, the subsequent dissolution of a royal marriage, and finally decimation and conquest at the hands of Thanos’ Black Order. Wakanda had always prided itself on having never been conquered. This is no longer true. What, then, is the country if it is as vulnerable as all others? And what happens to a state when its absolute monarch can no longer fulfill the base requirement of any government—securing the safety of their people?

I tend to think war

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/all/2015/12/conceptualizing-the-black-panther/420759/

Man, the wait is way too long for the run! I need it NOW!

Gordon you ever read up about ALf's creator?

he was a major asshole.
Nah. I've seen him..once? Otherwise, he's in character. Alf is representative of how alone and foreign I was in my neighborhood. Related like a mother..and yeah, he was clearly funny. Wish I still had the pen and ink I made of him in school..fuck!!

Top Bottom