• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

andthebeatgoeson

0.5 inches sno..... here in.... of Atlanta... ease send help an...supplies yo...spare....my connection is unstab...'ll try contacting yo...in't shi...ikkas later...ven take a hors...'re not...ery useful...

Numb

dc3a7e8ddcfece04b619fc68642bd28a.png

Quick rant..

The wiiu doesn't play regular DVDs? What kind of pathetic shit is this in 2016. Didn't the ps2 do this shit back in 2001? Got my girl a wiiu because she likes Mario games and figured getting her her own system would open up that gateway drug of gaming. Now I'm trapped here in the snow, with back seasons of the Simpsons and nothing to watch it on. Also fuck Apple because I could use that damn dvd drive in my mac right about now.

/rant

With that.. Any Netflix shows I should check out?

Gattsu25

Banned
Quick rant..

The wiiu doesn't play regular DVDs? What kind of pathetic shit is this in 2016. Didn't the ps2 do this shit back in 2001? Got my girl a wiiu because she likes Mario games and figured getting her her own system would open up that gateway drug of gaming. Now I'm trapped here in the snow, with back seasons of the Simpsons and nothing to watch it on. Also fuck Apple because I could use that damn dvd drive in my mac right about now.

/rant

Nintendo has never paid the DVD/Bluray royalty in their base consoles. Likely saves them a buck or two per unit.

Regarding Netflix:
Black Mirror
Jessica Jones
Making a Murderer
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Breaking Bad
Louie
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Star Trek (Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space 9)
Fate/Zero
The Walking Dead
House of Cards

0.5 inches sno..... here in.... of Atlanta... ease send help an...supplies yo...spare....my connection is unstab...'ll try contacting yo...in't shi...ikkas later...ven take a hors...'re not...ery useful...

If need it, we have shelter from Snowpocalypse 2016

You just don't know. Georgia would handle Godzilla attacking better than an inch of snow.

We about 3 hours away from folks fighting the streets over bread and milkl

Not gonna lie those were some big ass flakes lol. We usually get the small shit.

LionPride

Banned
This episode of Law and Order SVU has me wanting Terrence Howard to win his case. He's an attourny for Vondie Curtis-Hall, racist grandad told white woman to say she was raped by VCH, SVU had some really good episodes

But you the one ranting about DVDs in 2016.

Yo! Shhh with all that logic.

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. It's a show about a private detective, feminist, independent, seductive and extremely funny solving crimes during 20s Melbourne. I wish more people would watch that!

She's interested in this now. So thank you!

Nintendo has never paid the DVD/Bluray royalty in their base consoles. Likely saves them a buck or two per unit.

Regarding Netflix:
Black Mirror
Jessica Jones
Making a Murderer
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Breaking Bad
Louie
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Star Trek (Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space 9)
Fate/Zero
The Walking Dead
House of Cards

Seen the bolded. Been meaning to check out Breaking Bad. Missed the hype around it and just wrote it off.
Also for Star Trek which series do you recommend first..

Gattsu25

Banned
Yo! Shhh with all that logic.

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions.

She's interested in this now. So thank you!

Seen the bolded. Been meaning to check out Breaking Bad. Missed the hype around it and just wrote it off.
Also for Star Trek which series do you recommend first..

I'm actually not really a Star Trek fan (first time I voluntarily chose to watch a Star Trek episode was last year) so others may be able to offer better choices but I'm watching both the Original Series and The Next General and I like them for different reasons.

Original series is much campier but it's interesting to watch some of the formative years of popular sci-fi. "The City on the Edge of Forever" in Season 1 is an amazing damn episode, btw.

The Next Generation I enjoy more for the performances of the lead actors. It actually hasn't really grabbed me as much as I thought it would yet I still keep watching it. It has more characters that I simply dislike like the "Q" and "Wesley" characters.

If you can stomach older TV I would recommend the original series 1st. I spent a good bit of my childhood watching AMC (I believe it was AMC at least) back when that channel aired almost nothing but black & white TV so I may be more open to that than most.

Edit: Oh wow, just checked and Scandal is on Netflix as well. I love that show, lol.

I still listen to Stomp every once in a while.

"GP ARE YA WIT ME!"

OH YEAH WE HAVIN CHURCH AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE

lmao
Melodies from heaven is Kirk Franklins GOAT gospel song though lol

But what about Smile? I always laugh when he drops in with "The Holy Ghost power ya'll" on that song. The man really is God's Flavor Flav. I really wonder what would have happened if MC Hammer paid his taxes; he might have filled that Kirk Franklin spot.

This episode of Law and Order SVU has me wanting Terrence Howard to win his case. He's an attourny for Vondie Curtis-Hall, racist grandad told white woman to say she was raped by VCH, SVU had some really good episodes

"Your Honor, mayne, I would like to object, mayne..."

Slayven

OH YEAH WE HAVIN CHURCH AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE

But what about Smile? I always laugh when he drops in with "The Holy Ghost power ya'll" on that song. The man really is God's Flavor Flav. I really wonder what would have happened if MC Hammer paid his taxes; he might have filled that Kirk Franklin spot.

"Your Honor, mayne, I would like to object, mayne..."

Question is what hair does he have?

Imm0rt4l

Quick rant..

/rant

Ps2 is a large part of why DVD was successful. Bet the overwhelming majority in this threads first DVD player was a ps2. Nintendo consoles have never been one to do much more than play games

shingi70

Banned
The Black O Scope just made my day.

So a big thing I've noticed blowing up twitter the past few days are PWIs vs HBCUs. Theres dumbness on both sides of the argument but a few guys one hbcu side of things seem to be looking down on black people going to PWIs which is a shame.

I'm transferring to a smaller state school in two semesters becuase of the cheap in state tuition and then plan to try and get into my dream schools for Grad school.

Pretty sure there was an episoide of so well spoken about this, but where do you guys fall under.

akira28

The Black O Scope just made my day.

So a big thing I've noticed blowing up twitter the past few days are PWIs vs HBCUs. Theres dumbness on both sides of the argument but a few guys one hbcu side of things seem to be looking down on black people going to PWIs which is a shame.

I'm transferring to a smaller state school in two semesters becuase of the cheap in state tuition and then plan to try and get into my dream schools for Grad school.

Pretty sure there was an episoide of so well spoken about this, but where do you guys fall under.

invested people judge other people as a way to superficially add more value to their investments, even if it only works on a personal level. people proud of their choices sometimes spout off at the mouth when they should be helping others achieve the same levels. i don't know what else to say. the plank in my mouth demands i shut up

Nah after I saw the Bobby Shmurda parody with melodies....the goat

Top Bottom