• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

D i Z

Welp. Someone had to have the first VR stage demo disaster. Sony got that shit out of the way for everyone.

zeemumu

Will they ever modify the ps4 backwards compatibility so I can just put my ps2 disk in and don't have to rebuy the game?

shingi70

Banned
Anyone else worried how indie developers constantly complain about not having enough resources to port to systems and how hard is being an indie developers, but a ton of them seem to be running at VR with no hesitation. Seems that could overall be a bad thing for the industry if VR has a lukewarm reaction or at worse outright flops.

D i Z

I was thinking the entire time, they aren't going to call this Golem.... are they???

Anyone else worried how indie developers constantly complain about not having enough resources to port to systems and how hard is being an indie developers, but a ton of them seem to be running at VR with no hesitation. Seems that could overall be a bad thing for the industry if VR has a lukewarm reaction or at worse outright flops.

There or more than enough Indie devs in the world that we're not going to run out of them if a few more fall off. Droves of them fail everyday in the mobile space and we never hear a peep about it unless they write their own shitty articles on Polygon.

Slayven

People want Sony to show exculives, but then they complain about all the Indies and "PS+ trash"

They show big games and folks want more indies

You can't win, you just hope to cover all the bases.

Sou Da

Man I like Barret's look and all but Hollywood needs to cast more Black dudes in leading roles so that Japanese artists can finally stop drawing from the same 3 or so aesthetics.

D i Z

Key note was trash except for ni no kuni. Got yelled at in the thread from some shills for expressing as such.

Ni no Kuni was the low point for me. I thought the variety of games was pretty good overall.

People want Sony to show exculives, but then they complain about all the Indies and "PS+ trash"

They show big games and folks want more indies

You can't win, you just hope to cover all the bases.

Pretty much. People mostly watch to check boxes on their "bitch about it" list more so than to find something new and interesting to get into.

Man I like Barret's look and all but Hollywood needs to cast more Black dudes in leading roles so that Japanese artists can finally stop drawing from the same 3 or so aesthetics.

Those shades seem random as fuck, but yeah I typically see the same shit in regards to black guys in Japanese games. Why they like the black characters with blond/white hair so much. Sometimes throwing in blue eyes too.

Sou Da

Those shades seem random as fuck, but yeah I typically see the same shit in regards to black guys in Japanese games. Why they like the black characters with blond/white hair so much. Sometimes throwing in blue eyes too.

It's a typical lights off darks thing for artists. Contrast makes it look interesting.

Numb

Was told it was contrast or something. So black people have bad by default already?lol
But black people with blone/white hair look weird in real most of the times.

carlton-banks-fresh-prince-dies-29.jpg

DominoKid

I know manga artists use blond hair and blue eyes a lot cause its less ink work. I def remember reading Toriyama saying that about the super saiyan form.

So you figure a lot of these game devs have been inspired by the manga characters from what they read so they just rock with the visual they used to even though its probably not thay hard to do normal color shit with computers.

RedSwirl

I think VR will take a little longer to hit mainstream than most people think. The computational power required to get the right resolution and framerate for good graphics is still pretty high, a few hundred dollars beyond the consoles and most people's PCs.

Slayven

I think VR will take a little longer to hit mainstream than most people think. The computational power required to get the right resolution and framerate for good graphics is still pretty high, a few hundred dollars beyond the consoles and most people's PCs.

I think it will be niche until you can buy a headset, put in your wifi password and be good to go.

Merc_

FF7 looks like it's coming along nicely. I actually like the shades on Barret.

I'd be more excited about Ni no kuni 2 if I hadn't played the first game. They need to scrap the old battle system if they actually want this one to be any good.

Shy

I'm British, but I live in L.A. I hop back across the pond once in a while though. Shy and TheBlackMarvel I believe are our full time residents.
You are correct, good sir,
Pleasing Nintendo fans would involve dark gods and blood scarfices.
OI, we're not that bad................... Mostly. :p
I'd be more excited about Ni no kuni 2 if I hadn't played the first game. They need to scrap the old battle system if they actually want this one to be any good.
Awww. I kinda liked that battle system of 1.

Numb

Very close uncle saved from hostage situation for 4k.
Got grabbed off the streets in Libya by some weirdos and some lady bought him off and asked for 4k otherwise was gonna sell his kidneys.
Everything went smoothly and he safe now after paying her.
rejoice.png

Today was a good day

I'm watching the OG Wiz right now and here's something I never caught until now.

Did Diana Ross really try to pass herself off as 24?!?! C'mon son.

D i Z

Very close uncle saved from hostage situation for 4k.
Got grabbed off the streets in Libya by some weirdos and some lady bought him off and asked for 4k otherwise was gonna sell his kidneys.
Everything went smoothly and he safe now after paying her.
rejoice.png

Today was a good day

Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom