• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

12247033_1021643324553322_6582995552093175155_n.jpg

Slayven

I always assume everyone on the net is a white dude.

Hell i bet most of the posters on the coli look like Dustin Diamond.

shingi70

Banned
Man gaming side seems more obsessed with being coporate cheerleaders than playing games. I mean dude said he was glad Tomb Raider bombed since the reboot defiles his cherishes franchise. Isn't easier just avoiding the threads you don't care about.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Man gaming side seems more obsessed with being coporate cheerleaders than playing games. I mean dude said he was glad Tomb Raider bombed since the reboot defiles his cherishes franchise. Isn't easier just avoiding the threads you don't care about.

Nah breh, it ain't enough for you to ignore stuff you don't like. You gotta let everyone know how much you hate something.

Slayven

I was just reading the helldivers thread and thinking the same thing. Folks tie too much into gaming. I love comics but I am not crazy about it or go out my way to shit on something

Man, that Xenoblade character creator thread was something else.

"don't use those words, it makes you people look bad"
*proceeds to drop every variation of the N-word twice each*

speaking of

EDIT: Slayven, I need some clarification on this

Miles has a racist uncle / school friend that got infected by Red Venom or some shit?

Young Magus

Yo fam,

Is dark cloud worh $15?

Never played that and Rouge Galaxy (copies of that game are crack prices on ebay). Only other game I have interest in is KOF 2000 and I already have that on JP ps2 and could get it on the DC as well

shingi70

Banned
Man, that Xenoblade character creator thread was something else.

"don't use those words, it makes you people look bad"
*proceeds to drop every variation of the N-word twice each*

speaking of

EDIT: Slayven, I need some clarification on this

Miles has a racist uncle / school friend that got infected by Red Venom or some shit?

Carnage is supposed to be a redneck outside of the symboite I guess. Love that panel, but wish they'd quit pushing Carnage.

Numb

People on this site will ride for Asian countries harder than their own. It's hilarious.

Asian fetish is a strong thing.
You can love the product they make but that doesn't mean the whole country and people is some paradise resort that will give you everything.
-------

Anyone watching PSX ?

D i Z

Don't fuck with the white mans fetishes. The adopted persona's and fantasies will always be more real to them than the world that they're actively running away from.

Yeah, I'll have PSX on in the background.

@ DigitalSoul. Oh shit. There's another mattahan fan among us. You know he's working on a game right now right?
Asian fetish is a strong thing.
You can love the product they make but that doesn't mean the whole country and people is some paradise resort that will give you everything.
-------

Anyone watching PSX ?
I'll watch.
Yeah, I'll have it on int he background.

Yo Kidizzy I've been meaning to ask you. What's it like being black in your country? You're in the UK right?

So Lark Voorhies was diagnosed with Lupus in 2007, and never told anyone until now. All this time people just thought she wasn't good at makeup or was trying to Sammy Sosa her skin...

RedSwirl

Part of me hopes they put honorofics after all the names for maximum cringe.

Reminds me of how the Japanese editions of the Ice and Fire books got manga artists to draw new covers. Maybe they should do that for more classic literature to get some people to actually pay attention to them for a second.

Man, I wonder if we could ever hijack that to turn some eyeballs towards a Chinua Achebe book or something.

D i Z

Yo Kidizzy I've been meaning to ask you. What's it like being black in your country? You're in the UK right?

I'm British, but I live in L.A. I hop back across the pond once in a while though. Shy and TheBlackMarvel I believe are our full time residents.

Being black in the U.K isn't quite as adversarial as it is in the good ol' USofA. But the racism is just as icy and prevalent. There's some old guard shit that still flies there that wouldn't stand in the US.
But on the other hand there is enough comradery amongst the second and third gen immigrants to keep a lot of that nonsense in check.
There is some serious historic beef between some of the immigrant groups as well. But under the threat of the so called nationalist outlook, that's mostly kept in check as well.

So Lark Voorhies was diagnosed with Lupus in 2007, and never told anyone until now. All this time people just thought she wasn't good at makeup or was trying to Sammy Sosa her skin...

Nope. She's still just batshit crazy.

D i Z

Uncharted with dialogue choices. I hope they don't run that into the ground.

Edit:

Running theme: industry people at conferences that can't dress themselves.

D i Z

FF7's PC release of the game is available today on PS4. In true Sony fashion, it ain't on the store as of the announcement.

In other news, Randy Pitchford. Still with the used car saleman shtick.

Top Bottom