• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Frog-fu

Banned
I would kill for a real honest discussion on race in gaming and gaming culture.

"omg who even fucking cares about race? I don't. I just play whatever is fun, I don't care about the race, I don't even notice it. Just play the fucking game or gtfo. Go make your own game if you care so much about it."

There's your conversation.

Jacir

lsuBrem.png

200w_d.gif

I don't know how to make a smiley.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm not even mad that people disagree. Druckman made some good points. The problem is the dismissal posts. It doesn't lead to discussion.

Sou Da

I'm gonna leave them folks in the BvS thread alone because they're actually managing to discuss the movie now but that thread has some of the most genuine persecution complex I've ever seen.

Ol' boy in there shitting on a bunch of Marvel flicks ain't gonna change the fact this film will always be "From the director of Sucker Punch".

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm gonna leave them folks in the BvS thread alone because they're actually managing to discuss the movie now but that thread has some of the most genuine persecution complex I've ever seen.

Ol' boy in there shitting on a bunch of Marvel flicks ain't gonna change the fact this film will always be "From the director of Sucker Punch".

It feels weird seeing such a big Marvel/DC fan war in off-topic side considering people that read comics on a regular basis couldn't give less of a shit about that.

Numb

More hyped for the Sucker Punch trailers than for BvS.
That Samurai dude still looking cool.

RedSwirl

Oh my

Its going to be some shit , when they show some REmake2 gameplay and it play like re4 dudes going to be ready to leap from windows.

Fanboys need to learn that when you make a full retail game with modern graphics in today's market, it can't be turn-based or have tank controls. At least that's what producers are convinced of. You can't please just the fans unless you're making a digital-only $20 game.

Man, the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer looks great, but I cannot get over Cloud's character model. Obviously, you can't reasonably expect "realism" from a JRPG, but seeing his emaciated body sling around the buster sword like it's a jump rope is just the most bizarre shit.

Jacir

I'm still buying Uncharted because it looks dope.

Anyways, not sure if Random Access would be a good company name.

Speaking of race in video games, would you guys be interested in reading an article that explored the concept of race / humans living in a post-racial society in the Halo franchise? I was disappointed to find out nobody had really done anything similar, but then realized I own a Halo content site and also write, so yeah.

Village

I mean honestly I'd be cool either way.
Im about the same except a much prefer RE4 foward. I like when it toom a turn for action, especially narrative wise because it got frigging nuts

Game so good it also made devil may cry.

Fanboys need to learn that when you make a full retail game with modern graphics in today's market, it can't be turn-based or have tank controls. At least that's what producers are convinced of. You can't please just the fans unless you're making a digital-only $20 game.
Eh turnbased rpgs do fine depending on the game. Persona5 will do fine. Tank controls i wouldnt be able to te ya.

andthebeatgoeson

Very close uncle saved from hostage situation for 4k.
Got grabbed off the streets in Libya by some weirdos and some lady bought him off and asked for 4k otherwise was gonna sell his kidneys.
Everything went smoothly and he safe now after paying her.
rejoice.png

Today was a good day

Jeez. Not sure how to respond. Glad he's okay.

The Good Dinosaur was Good. Really Good. Pixar still da best. Bring a tissue and deny it unless they have video.

Not sure how Finding Dory will be. I get the feeling they may need to stop with the sequels. Off shoots, side stories, or something else. They had a short film before it that was just great. No need to go back to old stuff. Or wait until the right script falls into their lap. Stop forcing it.

Slayven

Im about the same except a much prefer RE4 foward. I like when it toom a turn for action, especially narrative wise because it got frigging nuts

Game so good it also made devil may cry.

Eh turnbased rpgs do fine depending on the game. Persona5 will do fine. Tank controls i wouldnt be able to te ya.

Persona 5's total budget is probably a 10th of FF7 marketing budget.

Numb

Speaking of race in video games, would you guys be interested in reading an article that explored the concept of race / humans living in a post-racial society in the Halo franchise? I was disappointed to find out nobody had really done anything similar, but then realized I own a Halo content site and also write, so yeah.
Link it.
You need to be shameless Sub.
Hahah T.I. is hilarious in this movie.

What movie is this?

Jeez. Not sure how to respond. Glad he's okay.

The Good Dinosaur was Good. Really Good. Pixar still da best. Bring a tissue and deny it unless they have video.

Not sure how Finding Dory will be. I get the feeling they may need to stop with the sequels. Off shoots, side stories, or something else. They had a short film before it that was just great. No need to go back to old stuff. Or wait until the right script falls into their lap. Stop forcing it.

The Incredibles 2 needs to happen though. One of the best superhero movies that people hardly mention.

I have a feeling someone will say some shit about this avatar to, so I better change it before I get banned.

Afrocious

I don't know how I feel about that Druckmann video. I don't know if I should feel alright, because all I feel is disappointment but I'm not clear on what.

andthebeatgoeson

The Incredibles 2 needs to happen though. One of the best superhero movies that people hardly mention.

I have a feeling someone will say some shit about this avatar to, so I better change it before I get banned.

Right? But you know what's going to happen. I'm still bitter about Monster University. Besides Toy Story, what sequel/line has been competent? Incredibles is my favorite out of all of them.

Cars, monsters and toy story. Ok, nevermind, they don't do a lot of sequels. I'm probably just...

Top Bottom