• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

OH YES:

CZj9Fh4UYAQt6H-.jpg

This team needs to win the SuperBowl. Please.
Where's the non-black people of color in this pic?
#PanthersSoBlack

Also why isn't 4chan getting on this BOB thing and fueling his stupidity more

shingi70

Banned
So we had a family dinner and prayer last night at my Uncle's house. It was cool the food was on point, and despite prayer dragging on for a good fifteenth minutes it was dope. Looking at that Chicago Black Men unemployment thread got me thinking of my little cousins.

My cousin let's call him A is the Child that was Left behind, he's seventeen and he has that really grimy weed face and is the type that you don't let him alone in your house cause shit will go missing. I remember hearing about how he was caught robbing a house and the only reason why the guy didn't kill him was that he knew my family. The biggest problem is that A is starting to drag my cousin S down with him which sucks since S is good kid who's mom tries hard with him. On the Other hand S's sister is graduating this year and is picking from a few colleges in the region.

Odd Tangent but I just other then the systematic reasons why young men seem to be more susceptible to falling off into some shit then women do.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just had my review at work. Got an "Exceeds Expectations" but they want to give me a promotion this year. It would mean me actually giving a fuck up here and I am not 100% sure I want to do that for this outfit. I mean, I sleepwalk through work these days and they think I do a good job. If I actually worked, I probably could get some award up here. But...nah.

Ohh yeah. ? do tell.
It's Velvet von Black from The Haunted World of el Superbeasto, directed by Rob Zombie. It's basically a Ralph Bakshi-esque NC-17 animated movie. I really like ridiculous, raunchy, underground animated movies like Fritz the Cat and Heavy Traffic and Heavy Metal, so this is right up my alley.

Shy

It's Velvet von Black from The Haunted World of el Superbeasto, directed by Rob Zombie. It's basically a Ralph Bakshi-esque NC-17 animated movie. I really like ridiculous, raunchy, underground animated movies like Fritz the Cat and Heavy Traffic and Heavy Metal, so this is right up my alley.
Noice. I'll have to give a go then, cause i really like those films too. Thanks.

Just had my review at work. Got an "Exceeds Expectations" but they want to give me a promotion this year. It would mean me actually giving a fuck up here and I am not 100% sure I want to do that for this outfit. I mean, I sleepwalk through work these days and they think I do a good job. If I actually worked, I probably could get some award up here. But...nah.

Isn't that a grading from Harry Potter?

andthebeatgoeson

Odd Tangent but I just other then the systematic reasons why young men seem to be more susceptible to falling off into some shit then women do.
It's complex. Some fall to peer pressure, some just don't have good direction, some just end up at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I once semi helped a friend steal from Clovier, which was a low budget Strawbridge's. I halfway knew what he was doing but didn't fully think things thru. He got arrested and I walked. Now, I was lucky. But imagine how many black boys get caught up because they aren't thinking like an adult? Two black boys trying to steal a video game? Tell me how that normally ends?

Either way, if I did get arrested at 13, my mom's would have flipped and corrected me. But a couple of bad moves with a justice system set to 'under the jail' and it's easy to see kids losing.

There's nothing left in the hood. No jobs. No opportunity. Everyone fucks up but it's easier to correct when the system is working for you. More likely to be seen as youthful indiscretion. But for our people, they get suspended more often, jailed more often, not hired more often, etc.

Hmm, I feel like this is a shame, with these two posts so close together. Hope you find some joy in your job.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Isn't that a grading from Harry Potter?

It goes -

Greatly Exceeds Expectations
Exceeds Expectations
Meets Expectations
Below Expectations

It is how your raise and bonus are determined.

Hmm, I feel like this is a shame, with these two posts so close together. Hope you find some joy in your job.

The issue is that I only took this job after I got laid off from an energy company at the start of this downward spiral. So it was always a temporary job in my mind. Never really put my heart into it or took it seriously. But with that, they are impressed with my half-assing things as it is better than most of the workers here. So they want me to really put my mind to things so they can promote me later this year. Sounds good, but I don't like the company, don't like the work and just here for the pay check.

shingi70

Banned
It's complex. Some fall to peer pressure, some just don't have good direction, some just end up at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I once semi helped a friend steal from Clovier, which was a low budget Strawbridge's. I halfway knew what he was doing but didn't fully think things thru. He got arrested and I walked. Now, I was lucky. But imagine how many black boys get caught up because they aren't thinking like an adult? Two black boys trying to steal a video game? Tell me how that normally ends?

Either way, if I did get arrested at 13, my mom's would have flipped and corrected me. But a couple of bad moves with a justice system set to 'under the jail' and it's easy to see kids losing.

There's nothing left in the hood. No jobs. No opportunity. Everyone fucks up but it's easier to correct when the system is working for you. More likely to be seen as youthful indiscretion. But for our people, they get suspended more often, jailed more often, not hired more often, etc.

Which leads to problem is how do you get people of substance to come into the hood. I mean when I was in high school despite being lower middle class my family always had me in activities where my circle of friends would be people with similar parents or more well off. (Private school plus the Kappa Alpha Psi youth mentoring program).

I was talking to a friend of mind who teaches at a school in the hood, and he's at his wits end and looking fro jobs at a suburban school or the private Sector. Likewise After i'm done with School I hasn't really thought about anyways to give back, instead just moving into the city and oddly becoming apart of the problem by knowing what's wrong but turning a blind eye to any precieved problems outside of my immediate worldview.

I am going up to Michigan State later this summer to visit family and get a feel for the campus before putting in my transfer application, so I'll probably bring my cousin with me and make sure he goes up to western with his sister in the fall.

Malyse

Morning all, and glad I had no idea what idea who that flat earth hotep is.

You know this thread is under constant surveillance anyway though

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Yeah, but I'm like, 25% less likely to get banned in here.

Seems too Monster Hunter for me, let me know how it plays though.

It's exactly Monter Hunter. Like, that's the whole point.

Thought it's really just another game where I get to play as Lightning and Terra.

Things are good here, outside of some tech issues the beta went well and the eagle is about to shit on Friday (only my 30+ people know that one).

On Final Fantasy Explorers, I'd hang back unless they made some improvements. Combat was way too simple for me.

Malyse

Things are good here, outside of some tech issues the beta went well and the eagle is about to shit on Friday (only my 30+ people know that one).

On Final Fantasy Explorers, I'd hang back unless they made some improvements. Combat was way too simple for me.

Oh, I know it's a rather flawed game. I've heard it compares most closely to Crystal Chronicles than anything else. Thing is, I really really like Crystal Chronicles. Finished every game in the series including the WiiWare games.

Plus the Trance system looks cool.

It can't be worse than The Akuma Hunters: Exorsister. Don't look that up.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Tons of energy and misplaced aggression usually. If you can get him to focus on something positive that they really like and care about they should be fine. That's easier said than done in most cases though.

Speaking of that, I went in to get a tooth checkup today. Had to get fillings. Point being, there's nothing like a dentist sticking hands that smell like moldy anus into your mouth to put a big metal medieval-esque clamp on your tooth, drilling straight down into the center of said tooth, and seeing smoke fly up out of your mouth while smelling the scent of burning metal over the stench of rotten fecal matter. None of this is exaggerated.

tumblr_n3apw0xC741qcga5ro1_500.gif

I can't WAIT to go back!

Top Bottom