• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Where you're from - Born in Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Where you live - Vancouver, BC Canada
What is your age? - 31
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - White Canadian with Irish, French, Ukrainian, and I think American
Do you know your roots - Not really... been meaning to look into it though. Both parents born in Canada, both sets of Grandparents too I believe but beyond that *shrugs*
Favorite musical genre - Folk, Classic Rock
Your profession/major/career interest - Acting, Writing, Directing for Stage and Screen
Your religious affiliation - Our Lady of Snark and Sarcasm and a very causal Unitarian Universalist
Hobbies - I collect Care Bears and video edit
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles?: KFC by default as it's the only one that really exists in Canada

Oh and as a write in addition I'm also a trans woman
You're a goddamn liar, there's a Churches in Burnaby at Kingsway and Slocan. Welcome tho

They wouldn't even show up if the trailer shows property running away. You can't expect them to sit through 90 minutes of the equal to thier iphone falling in the toilet
AtU1U48.gif

TheFlow

Banned
They wouldn't even show up if the trailer shows property running away. You can't expect them to sit through 90 minutes of the equal to thier iphone falling in the toilet
I forgot to tell you guys how I saw two people get up and leave during the screening of hateful eight and not come back. I was like " damn what were they expecting"

cdyhybrid

audience needs someone to identify with. Can't walk out of a dark slavery tale, into the land of sun, living in all this wonderful white freedom, and feel good about yourself if you feel any link to responsibility.

As far as we're concerned, ancient egyptians were really the ones who brought slavery to America, not the people who live here today...

and "If I was one of the white people back then, I would be against slavery"

Movies told me ancient Egyptians were white though.

So close to finishing my masters. I almost have enough degrees to make a wallpaper in my bathroom to stare at when I take a shit and cry about student loans.

I'm still considering getting my Master's myself. I was thinking about going to one of the top 10 art schools in the country that has a lot of connects, but I just somehow feel that I might be making a mistake.

I feel you about the loans. I'd rather they'd just kick my ass and call it even than for me to pay that back. Beat my ass or break all my shit please.

Slayven

One thing that bothered me about Friends, why the girls had a baller ass apartment. But Chandler and the other dude lived in a crackhole RIGHT ACROSS THE HALLWAY.

I know Monica inherited it, but CHandler made good money and why would they have a shitbox right across the hall from a penthouse.

You're a goddamn liar, there's a Churches in Burnaby at Kingsway and Slocan. Welcome tho

AtU1U48.gif

Poor girl, she looks like Bruce Willy from the end of Sixth Sense.

D i Z

Bish knows all the Church's boy!

I read that as Bish knows all the Church boys, at first glance. I had a moment of needing to process that, cos I just knew that I had it wrong.

I dunno, joey and chandler's apartment was pretty sweet in of itself

I just remember it being cramped as fuck from some furniture moving shenanigans. The girls held onto their spot like they both had to put out to some mobster to get it. Then they killed him, peed on the body and hid it in the walls. Never to speak of it again.

Slayven

I feel like if you drive by a Canadian Churches, there will be dudes on the side shooting dice while a moose with an eyepatch stands there.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
"Hey I eat people but I'm not evil."

True-Blood-gif-true-blood-21716842-500-250.gif

I have no idea if this is the right guy.

It was Bill. I watched the phucked out that show.
They were in a church having a town hall and he was answering questions about being a vampire and his past.

BigDes

Going to make an account on gaf

Going to wait upward of six months to get approved

Going to use mu first post to spew racist filth.

That'll learn thosr pc thugs

akira28

By default, doesn't any place with bullet proof glass have a pickup window?

lol I was just saying she wouldn't have to get out of the car and walk across that mud field full of cigarette buts and sprigs of grass that could grow on mars. But as long as you go in the daytime, it shuold be safe.

no guarantees during 24 hour daylight though.

lol I was just saying she wouldn't have to get out of the car and walk across that mud field full of cigarette buts and sprigs of grass that could grow on mars. But as long as you go in the daytime, it shuold be safe.

no guarantees during 24 hour daylight though.

No car :'(

Do what I did once. Go to KFC, order the #1 and tell them to leave out the chicken and add a extra side of mashed potatoes. If the manager cusses you out like they did me you get bonus points

Top Bottom