• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

I read that article.

That's more range of emotion than she ever showed in her movies!
KStew is an excellent actress. She was dead eyed in Twilight because she fucking hates Meyer. Everyone did. Pattinson called her crazy.
"...when I read [Twilight], it seemed like I was convinced Stephenie was convinced she was Bella and it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published. It was like reading her sexual fantasy, especially when she said it was based on a dream and it was like, 'Oh I've had this dream about this really sexy guy,' and she just writes this book about it. Some things about Edward are so specific, I was just convinced - I was like, 'This woman is mad. She's completely mad and she's in love with her own fictional creation.'"
http://robertpattinsonhatestwilight.tumblr.com/

But more on topic:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/691777452763435009

KStew is an excellent actress.

3870423-7600354178-tumbl.gif

Dereck

Holy shit that video is terrible. Are they hiring intentionally racist actors or some shit?

All Def Digital, one of those channels huh

akira28

its like you can tell they may not have seen martin ever before, but black jokes isn't something they're completely new to "lol, didn't pay their phone or power bill".

jmood88

lol at Oscar buzz.

Slavery is pretty much one of the only ways black folks can be considered for a Oscar.
I'll give them a pass for this one, though, cause Nat Turner's story is crazy. As a side note, Nat Turner used to be my display name on Facebook but I had to change it cause people started asking me questions and I didn't want employers/schools to look me up on Facebook and see me having the name of a guy who's famous for killing a bunch of white people.

Slayven

I'll give them a pass for this one, though, cause Nat Turner's story is crazy. As a side note, Nat Turner used to be my display name on Facebook but I had to change it cause people started asking me questions and I didn't want employers/schools to look me up on Facebook and see me having the name of a guy who's famous for killing a bunch of white people.
Will it have that one super progressive white dude that will tell Nat he is somebody?

Pretty sure every slave move has to have one

akira28

Will it have that one super progressive white dude that will tell Nat he is somebody?

Pretty sure every slave move has to have one

audience needs someone to identify with. Can't walk out of a dark slavery tale, into the land of sun, living in all this wonderful white freedom, and feel good about yourself if you feel any link to responsibility.

As far as we're concerned, ancient egyptians were really the ones who brought slavery to America, not the people who live here today...

and "If I was one of the white people back then, I would be against slavery"

Watching Tyrese's show, it's not too bad. Tyrese talking about not-slut shaming. Rev. Run is on the more religious side of things. Pretty interesting. Less Steve Harvey and more Barbershop talk.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So close to finishing my masters. I almost have enough degrees to make a wallpaper in my bathroom to stare at when I take a shit and cry about student loans.

The "Black People Watch Friends For The First Time" video is kinda funny.

That shit was painful to watch. I wanted to create a thread for a while asking what people thought Tommy actually did for a job, but thought it probably wouldn't get hardly any replies.

Tommy had to be doing something illegal.

I forget where I saw it but there was a theory that he was a Phone Sex Operator.

In true blood the main vampire dude was against slavery during antebellum , despite eating people
I remember Bill saying his father owned slaves, but I don't remember his particular stance on it.

"Hey I eat people but I'm not evil."

True-Blood-gif-true-blood-21716842-500-250.gif

I have no idea if this is the right guy.
Definitely wasn't Eric. This talk of it makes me want to watch it again. Lafayette was one of my personal favorites. He took shit from no one.

The "Black People Watch Friends For The First Time" video is kinda funny.

I forget where I saw it but there was a theory that he was a Phone Sex Operator.

Yeah, the people in that one actually gave it a chance instead of making race jokes the whole time like the two white guys. Got to agree that Friends is not funny and boring. Never heard of that theory about Tommy. I could kind of see why he would be embarrassed to reveal that, but at the same time look at Cole.

Top Bottom