• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

Movies told me ancient Egyptians were white though.
WeSbVBU.png

Has to be from those Reddits. Has to be

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=193307673
k5cSFvo.gif

C'mon man, it's only the start of the week.
I'm waiting for this to be incorporated with VR.

Coming too a game center near you. Dragon ball: Hyper battle maximum power™

Africanus

The "Black People Watch Friends For The First Time" video is kinda funny.
That black people watch Friends video was me and the rest of the black people in this one class when they put on The Breakfast Club.

I don't know how revered that movie is here, but it was legit drier than KFC Chicken.

Malyse

Good morning! Here's a rundown of today in interesting (for various reasons):

• http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscar-voter-rips-diversity-plan-859227
    Try telling the NBA to hire more white, Latino, Chinese or Eskimo basketball players and see the backlash. And by the way, why doesn’t Spike Lee return his honorary Oscar if he’s so incensed? If people make better movies, they will be rewarded. That’s as simple as it can be.
  • http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nielsen-adds-facebook-social-tv-857783
    The new ratings will measure online chatter about TV programs and streaming originals when they launch later this year. Social conversations will be measured both during a show's airtime and 24 hours a day.
  • http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-polling/
    Donald Trump has hit a new high in the race for the Republican nomination, according to a new CNN/ORC Poll, with more than 4-in-10 Republican voters nationwide now saying they back the billionaire.

And more than two-thirds of Republicans say he's the candidate most likely to capture their party's presidential nomination.
  • http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/mac-miller-donald-trump-feud
    Donald Trump once referred to Mac Miller as “the new Eminem,” cited the success of one of Miller’s songs as “not bad,” and said that he was “very proud” of the millions of views the track’s music video generated. Miller’s song was named after the Republican presidential front-runner’s favorite subject: “Donald Trump.”

That was way back in 2011, a few months after Miller dropped “Donald Trump” as the first single off his mixtape Best Day Ever. In the ensuing months and years, the track grew more popular—it now has over 104 million views on YouTube—and Trump decided he didn’t actually like the song that much, mostly because he wasn’t making any money from it.

By February 2012, Trump was wondering whether Miller “should pay me something.” As observers of his presidential campaign have seen happen time and time again, what started as perhaps a passing flight of fancy turned into an obsession. Trump has since tweeted about Miller dozens of times, most recently in March, when he disdainfully noted that the song was approaching 100 million views.
  • https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lanned-parenthood-videos-faces-felony-charge/
    A Houston grand jury that was investigating accusations of criminal misconduct against Planned Parenthood on Monday instead indicted the leader of an anti-abortion group that recorded covert videos of the organization’s employees.

Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson said David Daleiden, the director of the Center for Medical Progress, faces a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to buying human tissue.
  • http://fortune.com/2016/01/25/iphone-5se-image/
    A person on Apple forum “One More Thing” has posted an image to the site, claiming that it’s the rumored 4-inch iPhone that Apple will reportedly announce in March. While the user has said it’s likely the iPhone 6c, rumors abound that Apple will instead call its new 4-inch iPhone the iPhone 5se.

Also, I can't even imagine how the NX works.

Bowlie

Banned
In 3d text, I like it more when the outline is higher/closer (I don't know how to explain properly but I hope you get what I mean) than the text itself, so my favorites are versions 4, 2 and 6.

Of the 3 types, the most stylish for me is V6's.

Malyse

In 3d text, I like it more when the outline is higher/closer (I don't know how to explain properly but I hope you get what I mean) than the text itself, so my favorites are versions 4, 2 and 6.

Of the 3 types, the most stylish for me is V6's.

Sounds like you prefer bevel to emboss.

----

@All - colors okay?

So now free speech groups are mad at Scholastic...
http://www.theguardian.com/books/20...s-book-smiling-slave-birthday-cake-washington

“Those who value free speech as an essential human right and a necessary precondition for social change should be alarmed whenever books are removed from circulation because they are controversial,” said the statement.

“While it is perfectly valid for critics to dispute a book’s historical accuracy and literary merit, the appropriate response is not to withdraw the volume and deprive readers of a chance to evaluate the book and the controversy for themselves. In the case of A Birthday Cake for George Washington, a book is gone that generated important discussions about how our nation creates, perceives and perpetuates narratives about slavery and slave ownership.”

They predicted that pulling the book “is likely to have a chilling effect, leading authors and illustrators to hesitate in taking on racially sensitive or politically controversial topics for fear of public outcry and reprisals”, saying that “pulling books out of circulation simply because they cause controversy is the wrong decision”.

So apparently not even free speech advocates understand what free speech actually is.

Slayven

When is it too late to say hello? I thought it was a joke at first but he's serious.

I'm talking about the issues people say they have in their real lives.
Straight Sheldon Cooper
So now free speech groups are mad at Scholastic...
http://www.theguardian.com/books/20...s-book-smiling-slave-birthday-cake-washington

So apparently not even free speech advocates understand what free speech actually is.

But Scholastic is a business.....

Kreed

Version 3 Malyse

I honestly don't understand the problems so many people on this site have with basic human interaction.

You have to imagine the fact that these people don't regularly interact with humans and the 1000 year old demons on their PS Vitas are the only time they talk to women that aren't their mothers asking them when they are going to come out of the basement and get a job.

Malyse

Yes, yes. I'm clearly indecisive.

Most importantly, how do you like the Red Yellow Green in oppose to the Red Green?

You have to imagine the fact that these people don't regularly interact with humans and the 1000 year old demons on their PS Vitas are the only time they talk to women that aren't their mothers asking them when they are going to come out of the basement and get a job.

Rude. They also have waifu in DOA and Love Plus imports. Plus Steam is doing visual novels now.

Bowlie

Banned
i feel dumb right now :p but yeah, super fine with color choices

edit: i wasn't too fond of the first version of ^; now that you edited though, it's so striking I love it

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I honestly don't understand the problems so many people on this site have with basic human interaction.

80%+ of some people's interaction with others is through a screen or keyboard. When they are faced with in-person interaction, they have no clue what to do. Being on a forum, you are going to get more of that. The crazy part is that people start to default to what they see on TV or in movies. They don't understand that stuff is fiction, not reality.

I don't think human interaction will deteriorate as far as Demolition Man, but tech is going to change some social norms.

Malyse

Don't like the font "month" is in

I wanted a classy serif font for "Month" to go against the script for "Black History". The other fonts I considered were Caviar Dreams Bold, Champagne & Limousines Bold, and Trajan Pro Bold, but I didn't like the look and they seemed too small. :\

I'm open to suggestions, though.

-----

It seems like the last one is generally the most liked?
I think I'll go with that one then. I like it too (granted, I like all of them).

So that's done. Now to pull together the rest of the OT.

Slayven

80%+ of some people's interaction with others is through a screen or keyboard. When they are faced with in-person interaction, they have no clue what to do. Being on a forum, you are going to get more of that. The crazy part is that people start to default to what they see on TV or in movies. They don't understand that stuff is fiction, not reality.

I don't think human interaction will deteriorate as far as Demolition Man, but tech is going to change some social norms.

What kills me are the "So americans do something different" threads

Top Bottom