• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

BigDes

80%+ of some people's interaction with others is through a screen or keyboard. When they are faced with in-person interaction, they have no clue what to do. Being on a forum, you are going to get more of that. The crazy part is that people start to default to what they see on TV or in movies. They don't understand that stuff is fiction, not reality.

I don't think human interaction will deteriorate as far as Demolition Man, but tech is going to change some social norms.

There was a paper recently that suggested that latter half millenials, those born and raised in the iPad era have remarkably less empathy in certain situations than other generations and it is suggested that this is because a huge amount of non verbal communication is not being learned because of life spent behind a screen.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There was a paper recently that suggested that latter half millenials, those born and raised in the iPad era have remarkably less empathy in certain situations than other generations and it is suggested that this is because a huge amount of non verbal communication is not being learned because of life spent behind a screen.
😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

andthebeatgoeson

It's inevitable.

Like every generation, I will come to hate the one that follows me. I can already see it...

I already can't stand most music today, aside from a select few.

FyreWulff

Wait til Monday.

new construction options available

latest
latest
latest

vrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

andthebeatgoeson

SO!

With the exception of V3, they look different on the light and dark theme

I was aiming for an old school, 70's look.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Yes, yes. I'm clearly indecisive.

Most importantly, how do you like the Red Yellow Green in oppose to the Red Green?

Rude. They also have waifu in DOA and Love Plus imports. Plus Steam is doing visual novels now.
Yeah, that second one of better because all the colors are vibrant. Maybe try the outline one with the better colors?

Or how about an outline one with a background picture? Just throwing shit out there.

Ummmm I just googled the guy B.o.B referenced in his song

https://www.google.com/search?q=David+Irving&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Dude has gone ultra Hotep lv 3
RIP in pieces.

Red yellow green with no embossing, etc. looks the best by far. Keep it simple imo.

I don't have any problem with the bottom font, but if you're looking for something "cleaner" and similar in stature try Lato Black or Nexa Bold.

Malyse

I dunno man. I kinda like the L Wars that Meek Mill, Tyga, and B.o.B are waging.

Red yellow green with no embossing, etc. looks the best by far. Keep it simple imo.

I don't have any problem with the bottom font, but if you're looking for something "cleaner" and similar in stature try Lato Black or Nexa Bold.

Buh-but mah serifs!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Damn, that ain't good. Instead of a guy saying, "Did you see the way she looked at me?", it is going to be, "Yo did you see how she looked in that selfie she sent?"

Also, BoB needs to stop. T.I. needs to intervene or something. This is more embarrassing than anything Iggy said or did.

Malyse

Following similar moves in Switzerland and southern Germany, Denmark’s parliament voted on Tuesday to allow police to search asylum seekers on arrival in the country and confiscate any non-essential items worth more than 10,000 Danish kroner (about £1,000) that have no sentimental value to their owner

Nat Turner going to take the title "Birth of a Nation" from the most racist movie of all time?

Turner's new film got the biggest deal in Sundance history. Fox Searchlight just paid $17.5 million for it.

Isn't it delicious?

damn,

You guys are welcome at my place in Canada if you want to escape from America

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBardockObama/videos/1137011476343746/

latest

Them taking out the creepiest parts of their games is a fantastic trend.

It's sad because B.o.B is a really talented dude.

That diss track should have never happened. Bad look. Very bad look.

I've went to bat for his talent before. This one hurt more than Lupe.

-----

No one's gonna talk about the fact that Flint MI is almost 60% Black, huh? Okay.

D i Z

damn,

You guys are welcome at my place in Canada if you want to escape from America

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBardockObama/videos/1137011476343746/

I don't even have words for this.

Face rubbing is critical to the integrity of the Fire Emblem brand!

One hand required.

It's no surprise dudes are mad about this.

This and the PS Vita are the closest most of them ever come to touching a woman that isn't their mother or doesn't end in a restraining order.

It's a shame that the VIta is getting a rep as the creep machine. It deserves better.

Crocodile

This and the PS Vita are the closest most of them ever come to touching a woman that isn't their mother or doesn't end in a restraining order.

I can't say I personally care one way or the other if something like that is gone - its not something that really appealed to me. That being said, it was harmless to the point that I don't know why people are happy its gone (the majority opinion in that thread right now as much as people want to pretend otherwise). I can get behind localizing out content that is legit offensive. I don't really get it when its completely inoffensive content. Feels like people more interested to sticking it to others than making sure problematic content doesn't spread. I also kind of feel bad now because it was apparently an avenue for some same-sex interaction and there's a gay gamer in that thread who seem legit bummed about it being cut :(

Malyse

You have to imagine the fact that these people don't regularly interact with humans and the 1000 year old demons on their PS Vitas are the only time they talk to women that aren't their mothers asking them when they are going to come out of the basement and get a job.

I forget some of you guys are on 50 pages.

No worries. I see you, bruh.

Village

Eh, I a lot of the people I know into that sort of thing, are actually in functional stable relationships with other people who like anime stuff, or like them and make fun of their anime stuff.

As far as this fire emblem thing goes, I don't actually care. But it seems odd, the thing was unisex and just... weird. Like you touched a guy on the eyeball, and he's into it, and that was it. Seemed weird... but harmless and weird. That said I don't care.

jmood88

Because everything is creepy these days. Hell, you can't even talk or look at girls you find attractive anymore because you're liable to be called that.
Oh lord.

Can I just say that I'm loving the response by various members of Hollywood to the boycott and #OscarsSoWhite.

They are doing an excellent job of showing why its always been stupid to call Hollywood a liberal bastion.
Nah, they're liberal but it's just showing, once again, that liberals are just as racist as anyone else.

Village

lol great minds and all that jazz.

There are so many little girl anime avatars in that Fire Emblem thread. I'll leave it to you all to guess where most of them fall on the issue.

I don't think this is an issue.

Like, man I'm usually call out the weird bullshit in the video game team. But I dunno, maybe I missed something, all you do is pat em on the head and they smile and shit. I cant get, enraged, or anything. People are yelling at folks in that thread talking about get their fetishistic shit out their lunchbox, and I do not understand the ire. It was optional nothing, and they may have removed the optional nothing because it would be hard to translate. I wouldn't have lost if they kept it in or no.

I'm not getting it, can someone explain this to me. Is there some weird aspect this minigame where stab them in the neck afterward and drink their blood. Not caring it for it, sure, but the vitriol in that thread is something I can't functionally understand for something so...nothing.

Crocodile

lol great minds and all that jazz.

There are so many little girl anime avatars in that Fire Emblem thread. I'll leave it to you all to guess where most of them fall on the issue.

I'm can get behind localizing out material that is actually racist/sexist/creepy/etc. that is not being used in like a narrative/character development kind of way. However, unless I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the nature of this mini-game, there was nothing creepy about it. It was just dumb. As such, I can't really take posts like this at all seriously. Like I feel you're a bit too eager to jump onto/against a "side".

That whole discussion feels like just another example of some of the trends I'm coming to hate on gaming forums - polarized discussions with extreme opinions and positions held more out of tribalism than necessarily logic.

Merc_

I don't think this is an issue.

Like, man I'm usually call out the weird bullshit in the video game team. But I dunno, maybe I missed something, all you do is pat em on the head and they smile and shit. I cant get, enraged, or anything. People are yelling at folks in that thread talking about get their fetishistic shit out their lunchbox, and I do not understand the ire. It was optional nothing, and they may have removed the optional nothing because it would be hard to translate. I wouldn't have lost if they kept it in or no.

I'm not getting it, can someone explain this to me. Is there some weird aspect this minigame where stab them in the neck afterward and drink their blood. Not caring it for it, sure, but the vitriol in that thread is something I can't functionally understand for something so...nothing.

Hey, I'm not upset or anything. I'm mostly just having fun dumping on the kinds of people that get overly angry and cry censorship every time a company decides to remove something the general audience might consider strange/creepy. I have a hard time imagining the purpose behind that little minigame being anything other than some creepy shit.

Village

Hey, I'm not upset or anything. I'm mostly just having fun dumping on the kinds of people that get overly angry and cry censorship every time a company decides to remove something the general audience might consider strange/creepy. I have a hard time imagining the purpose behind that little minigame being anything other than some creepy shit.

I dunno, a had have a friend who i showed the info too. She's was little upset because she thought some of the dudes were cute and wanted to touch their face. So as creepy as you find that, I guess.

Top Bottom