• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Thanks everyone. The good news is that it happened a week before a massive conference in DC. There's gonna be like five different parties that weekend, so at least I'll be able to go them without any burdens.

FyreWulff

Ha
HA HA HA HA

THEY WROTE A LETTER. IN JAPANESE. TO BEG FOR UNCENSORED GAMES.

Im dying. Gamergate is such a joke.

I still remember the guys from Nintendojo trying to ask Nintendo execs a question in Japanese at E3

I could still smell the cringe when I went to E3 myself years later

andthebeatgoeson

Amy Schumer stealing jokes and trying to get away with it? Seems about right. I look forward to her getting an Oscar. For playing Oprah, next year. I mean, because Oprah identifies with being a white woman.

Actually, the only good thing Amy Schumer has done is gotten me to watch other comics.

Amy Schumer stealing jokes and trying to get away with it? Seems about right. I look forward to her getting an Oscar. For playing Oprah, next year. I mean, because Oprah identifies with being a white woman.

Actually, the only good thing Amy Schumer has done is gotten me to watch other comics.

Chill, don't let the fuckery get to you.

jmood88

Bernie Sanders put out a generic political ad but it made a guy declare that it was the greatest as of all time and said he wept while watching. I wish I loved anything as much as Bernie stans love whatever Bernie touches.

Bernie Sanders put out a generic political ad but it made a guy declare that it was the greatest as of all time and said he wept while watching. I wish I loved anything as much as Bernie stans love whatever Bernie touches.

I can't with them. They've gone too far.

I was ready for some super emotional ad with a sad story in it, or something uplifting, or anything really.

It was a generic "here are some hard working Americans, and here's me shaking hands with them" ad without anyone actually speaking, and Simon and Garfunkel behind the footage

literally that's it

When a saint shakes your hand

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I was ready for some super emotional ad with a sad story in it, or something uplifting, or anything really.

It was a generic "here are some hard working Americans, and here's me shaking hands with them" ad without anyone actually speaking, and Simon and Garfunkel behind the footage

literally that's it

andthebeatgoeson

ZVPkHHP.jpg

3QQsuDL.jpg

Yeah, Philly ain't playin. Iladelph.

Malyse

Not gonna lie. The #OscarsSoWhite ratings thread is going in a direction I absolutely didn't anticipate.

People are arguing about what makes a person white and more specifically if the Spanish are white. Huh?

Crocodile

It's 20% the content being really fucking weird and 80% this is not what Fire Emblem should be coupled with a healthy dose of "stop pandering to the creepy subset". As I said earlier, no one should be stanning for a fucking 13 year old in a swimsuit that lets you know whether or not she shaves herself. But, there's enough of a Japanese market that that shit sells. It sells well enough that you can turn extra profit by throwing in something of the sort. That market doesn't exist in the West, not in quantity that greatly impacts sales. In fact, the opposite can occur; the last thing Nintendo needs is a misinformed Fox News segment about rubbing faces as a euphemism for kinky sex. No one who wanted this in FE isn't buying it because of the cut. There are people who would have seen this and decided, "naw, pass". Nintendo made a savvy as fuck decision. And I'm sure Genei Ibunroku #FE is gonna get something worthless cut and we'll get to watch this same convo roll out again. And I'll be over here, laughing in gleeful malice over "mah gaems! censorship!" building of Mt. Salt.

I wonder how the gamergate dumbfucks are taking it.

A) I don't disagree that its super weird. I just can't elevate it to creepy. Seems too benign to be worthy of that tag.

B) Not sure why you brought up The Xenoblade outfit issue. Separate issue that deserves a separate response. I'm not one to subscribe to a "ban all the things" or a "ban none of the things" mindset. I totally get why that change was made there and agree with it. I'm not cynical enough to think Monolith left that in there to specially appeal to anybody as opposed to them not having the foresight to see an issue incoming since all characters of that gender got the same outfit but maybe I'm giving them too much credit, I dunno.

C) Fox News doesn't give a shit. No news network is actually going to give a shit. If Nintendo wants to play it safe that's their prerogative but let's be real and not pretend there was a real (i.e. not just on gaming forums) shitstorm on the horizon :p

D) You love you some schadenfreude don't you? :p Just make sure you get it from the real dickheads and not just anyone who disagrees with you.

Because petting your npc characters is creepy, and I don't want kids growing up thinking it is fine and what not.

Is "Think of the children?!" a real concern here?

Kind of noticed that racism seems to be on the rise in the European posters

Like, they all act like smug liberals about America when something race related happens there but then point out that Muslims exist in their country and its rabblerabblerabblerabblerabble

I've seen that many, many times and its so weird. It's a very odd lack of self-awareness. I guess it serves as a nice reminder that whenever some European says "oh that never happens over here" that they are full of shit.

Ha
HA HA HA HA

THEY WROTE A LETTER. IN JAPANESE. TO BEG FOR UNCENSORED GAMES.

Im dying. Gamergate is such a joke.

A) LOL that is legit hilarious

B) Why are you sifting through the underbelly of the internet for shits and giggles? You've gotta be running into some face-palm worthy shit.

February is gonna be the worst.

Also, just got dumped by my SO. Had a feeling it was coming because things just weren't in sync, but it still hurts like hell.

Man that sucks. I'm sure you'll pull through though :)

I just applied for a higher position at my job. Fingers crossed.

Good Luck!

Not gonna lie. The #OscarsSoWhite ratings thread is going in a direction I absolutely didn't anticipate.

People are arguing about what makes a person white and more specifically if the Spanish are white. Huh?

How often would you say your threads go "according to plan"? At least the ones where you aren't intentionally trying to start shit :p

literally that's it

I don't think I've seen a single Hilary supporter on here that has drunk the Kool-Aid as hard as some Bernie supporters. Example #35315342 of some of them being kind of off-putting.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't think I've seen a single Hilary supporter on here that has drunk the Kool-Aid as hard as some Bernie supporters. Example #35315342 of some of them being kind of off-putting.

It seriously feels like a bunch of Sanders supporters are either just turning 18 or just haven't paid attention to politics before, so they get super caught up in someone telling them what they want to hear, without having seen how the system actually works.

Malyse

D) You love you some schadenfreude don't you? :p Just make sure you get it from the real dickheads and not just anyone who disagrees with you.

A) LOL that is legit hilarious

B) Why are you sifting through the underbelly of the internet for shits and giggles? You've gotta be running into some face-palm worthy shit.

How often would you say your threads go "according to plan"? At least the ones where you aren't intentionally trying to start shit :p

In my defense, every OT I've made has gone well. As forget B, see the previous D.
And also there's the fact that I'm overtly evil, but we don't talk about that.

Why bring up XBX? Same intention, different game, same reaction. I look forward to Genei Ibunroku #FE. People will flip shit.

Yo, by "4th of all", somebody should have yanked that phone from him. Nobody goes past three, Ye.

By 17th, clearly your family don't care.

Also, he had to bring up Amber Rose. Again. I'd be concerned if I was Kim.

harSon

Banned
Regarding the Amy Schumer thing, at this point, her being a 'joke stealer' is pretty much going to have no effect on her career. Having that kind of a label is something that can sink a standup comedian, but she has crossed over into television and film - and has experienced popularity/success within that realm of entertainment.

So at this point in her career, she's going to have people writing for her - and her audience as a stand up artist is probably going to be fans from her television shows and movies. I don't think her audience stemming from those two entertainment mediums are necessarily fans of stand up comedy in general, or would even give a shit (or be knowledgeable enough to know) about her stealing jokes. Unless her popularity as an actress tapers off, and she's forced to rely on stand up comedy as the backbone of her profession... then this whole ordeal is not going to have any kind of tangible effect on her career.

harSon

Banned
It seriously feels like a bunch of Sanders supporters are either just turning 18 or just haven't paid attention to politics before, so they get super caught up in someone telling them what they want to hear, without having seen how the system actually works.

It's kind of funny though. I'm starting to see first hand how one's political stances change as you age. Thinking back, a lot of my complaints about Bernie Sanders are a lot of the complaints that Hilary supporters would have likely held against Obama during his first run. If this were 7-8 years ago, and I was 19-20 again - I think I'd probably be supporting Bernie over Hilary.

Top Bottom