• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Ugh as predictable that I'm a cat thread has gone on long enough that people are now actually seriously asking what's the difference between transgender and otherkin.... fucking co-opters...

Bowlie

Banned
Ugh as predictable that I'm a cat thread has gone on long enough that people are now actually seriously asking what's the difference between transgender and otherkin.... fucking co-opters...

I've been lurking that thread from time to time today and yeah... can't believe some of the things being said there.

For those of us that keep a mental list of members not to take seriously, he should have been on it since OT7.
Oh..he a dickhead! Didn't know. I'll keep it in mind next time. Thanks.
Geezuz. Honestly? I expected it by the second post..
What's an Otherkin?

Otherkin are people who identify as partially or entirely non-human. Some say that they are, in spirit if not in body, not human. This is explained by some members of the otherkin community as possible through reincarnation, having a non-human soul, ancestry, or symbolic metaphor.

Kreed

Usually people who ask this are the ones that don't take transgender people seriously to begin with and need to be taken to task. They think it's all "pretending" so to them it's like asking "Well you're pretending to be a ninja, so why can't he pretend to be a helicopter".

People who believe they are animals or fictional characters born in a human body.

They and their defenders like to co-opt transgender language and I've had at least one completely negate my struggle and say that I was lucky because he can never be a dragon.

tumblr_inline_mr0qrxe65z1qz4rgp.gif

People who believe they are animals or fictional characters born in a human body.

They and their defenders like to co-opt transgender language and I've had at least one completely negate my struggle and say that I was lucky because he can never be a dragon.

Oh christ we've hit crisis hypothetical.

Ok, I'm dead.

giphy.gif

Numb

Had popcorn for that thread
Hope you laughed in his face about the dragon stuff.

Usually people who ask this are the ones that don't take transgender people seriously to begin with and need to be taken to task.
This is exactly right. It's akin to those folks who say if we let gays marry then we have to let people marry goats or toasters..
And this wasn't online. This was an actual friend of mine, right when I was just starting to accept myself
NOOOOOOOO! In person? The fuck I'm dying LOL..I'm embarrassed for this person. Holy shit..

ReiGun

ftuElAz.gif

The fuck, yo? lmao

I don't think it's pretending. That's the point I was trying to make. I thought the entire idea was that we weren't supposed to be making judgements on real vs fake? That if you see something in a dressing room then you don't assume that they are faking or get into a panic about what they are doing there. If the only dividing lines between the two is that one is considered completely and utterly "impossible" then fair enough, I can understand that. But I think that is a very shallow point tbh. A for me, I will try to treat people with a degree of respect even if I understand them or the way they are living.

Edit: If I've messed up badly pm me.

I don't think it's pretending. That's the point I was trying to make. I thought the entire idea was that we weren't supposed to be making judgements on real vs fake? That if you see something in a dressing room then you don't assume that they are faking or get into a panic about what they are doing there. If the only dividing lines between the two is that one is considered completely and utterly "impossible" then fair enough, I can understand that. But I think that is a very shallow point tbh. A for me, I will continue to treat people with respect even if I understand them or the way they are living.

You claimed trans people might be to make a point, that's fucked up. They aren't comparable.

Top Bottom