• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

GSZ5ZdW.gif

Crocodile

Not all "Standers" of course but this still isn't a good look

Oh christ we've hit crisis hypothetical.

He's literally saying he thinks it might be possible to be biologically born a cat in a human body.

Just as a heads up, my interactions with that individual have never made me question his moral character but he will play Devil's Advocate and similar positions to a fault. Like not because he's an asshole with no empathy but just because its a compulsion of his (as far as I can tell).

People who believe they are animals or fictional characters born in a human body.

They and their defenders like to co-opt transgender language and I've had at least one completely negate my struggle and say that I was lucky because he can never be a dragon.

I think part of it is that people what to discuss the subject but are so clueless at how to do it they they start grabbing any language they can and start saying dumb shit. I personally have no idea how to adress that subject so I just stay out of it.

Where did that come from? Seems random as hell. Must have been cooking under the surface for a while.

Try not to pull too many outside threads in, it tends to get messy...

If that advice was ever followed, this thread would be like 1/10 its current length :p

It's like a topic about a man wanting to be a Wookie and going "Hey, we should respect Wookie people just like we respect Indian and Vietnamese people". See how ridiculous/disrespectful that shit sounds? But this is clearly obvious to you because you know Indian and Vietnamese people are real and Wookies are fictional characters. Once you put transgender people in the same REAL realm as Indian/Vietnamese people by actually understanding they are real through education and not because "I want to be a good guy, yay me!", you won't have this problem anymore.

Wookies are fictional characters but that man and his feelings are not. When we are talk about real, living people and the way they choose to explain and represent the essence of their existence then I'm not sure I feel qualified to tell them that they are wrong. It's on them to tell me who they are and I don't think it's so bad to treat them with at least a little understanding of what they might be going through. I don't think that woman has an easy life.

Wookies are fictional characters but that man and his feelings are not. When we are talk about real, living people and the way they choose to explain and represent the essence of their existence then I'm not sure I feel qualified to tell them that they are wrong. It's on them to tell me who they are and I don't think it's so bad to treat them with at least a little understanding of what they might be going through. I don't think that woman has an easy life.

Neither do I but don't compare her or wookie guy to trans people.

akira28

If that advice was ever followed, this thread would be like 1/10 its current length :p

lol good point

have respect for the people you're comparing(if you must do a comparison). mutual respect, if you maintain that instead of assume it, there is no problem, right?

Not as much freedom

freedom is a state of mind in a relationship. I hope to one day find that person that I can be around and away from without any neuroses or insecurities or bullshit cropping up because of either state.

Shy

I just finished the latest ep SWS. I really liked it. It's was funny and interesting.

Dreams should become a permanent co host.

Sorry i'm not more in-depth with what i thought.

I just finished the latest ep SWS. I really liked it. It's was funny and interesting.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I also listened to the podcast and I agree with Shy. More Dreams please.

Slayven

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I also listened to the podcast and I agree with Shy. More Dreams please.

We are making some moves behind the scenes, trying to expand our roster and do better on show prep. We are also seeking a show nemesis/Hating Ass Tyrell.

In other news, since getting my BA in English in December, I think I've lost count of how many jobs I've applied to. Not frustrating but I'm just ready to leave my current job.

Kreed

Charlamagne drops a gem every once and a while:

"We should call Black Chyna and Rob Kardashian's relationship 'Black Rob', cause when you see them together you're like 'Woah'"

Top Bottom