• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Tidal was unfairly dragged when they debuted and they never recovered from the bad press.

They earned that dragging. Don't just pop up and tell me how cool you are, show me. Especially when you trying to hop in the arena with Apple and Spotify and all you have to show for it is a bunch of rich artists telling us how so much more money is going to go to the artists. All that looks like is them trying to line some already deep pockets.

Instead, they should have found some small indie artists with a decent following and used tidal to boost their career and talk about how much better for them personally Tidal would be than Spotify or Apple Music. That looks philanthropic instead of greedy and people would be praising them for it. I mean honestly. No one actually gives a fuck about stealing music from millionaires. That doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

Kreed

I just want to listen to music easily and legitimately with one service. Tired of jumping around from Apple Music to Google Play to Spotify to etc exclusive service just to play an "exclusive" album.

andthebeatgoeson

Granny, no!

Infinite

They earned that dragging. Don't just pop up and tell me how cool you are, show me. Especially when you trying to hop in the arena with Apple and Spotify and all you have to show for it is a bunch of rich artists telling us how so much more money is going to go to the artists. All that looks like is them trying to line some already deep pockets.

Instead, they should have found some small indie artists with a decent following and used tidal to boost their career and talk about how much better for them personally Tidal would be than Spotify or Apple Music. That looks philanthropic instead of greedy and people would be praising them for it. I mean honestly. No one actually gives a fuck about stealing music from millionaires. That doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.
I agree they probably didn't go about introducing themselves in the best way. They painted themselves as a messiah of the music industry and took a major L for that. thats on them. I'm talking about people coming for them for not having a free tier

I just want to listen to music easily and legitimately with one service. Tired of jumping around from Apple Music to Google Play to Spotify to etc exclusive service just to play an "exclusive" album.
Yeah, streaming services are a blow up.

I just got Tidal :blessed:

High Fidelity tier for $25.99 a month knowing damn well I can't hear the difference.

Already cancelled before the free month is up.

Village

all of this

You now have to figure out how to get people to pay for you music.

jmood88

It's interesting how people have no problem instantly condemning anyone who displays nazi materials but when it comes to confederate symbols, we have to slow down and give some benefit of the doubt.

Kraftwerk

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-voters-2016-election/index.html

They are showing up in droves to see Donald Trump: Men and women, overwhelmingly white, frustrated with the country's first black president, fearful that they are being displaced by minorities and immigrants, and nostalgic for the way America used to be.

*sniffs a flower on his ranch*

ahhhhh yes, the way America used to be. Back when you could have lynchings without these damn immigrants and minorities getting in the damn way.

Kreed

Had a mental list of boxes for how that thread would go, and within the first page every box got a checkmark.

I do that with certain members. Example, I'll see the dude who went crazy over sonic's eye color, or the monkey avatar defending cops all the damn time guy, or the dude who jacked TheBlackMarvel's old Bayonetta avatar in a thread and try to "guess" what side they will be on in a social issue thread when they post (hint, it's what ever side a Fox News correspondent would be on). If it was a drinking game I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

Shy

We are making some moves behind the scenes, trying to expand our roster and do better on show prep. We are also seeking a show nemesis/Hating Ass Tyrell.
Coolio.
I just got Tidal :blessed:

High Fidelity tier for $25.99 a month knowing damn well I can't hear the difference.

Already cancelled before the free month is up.
Look at this fancy motherfucker in here. :p
I do that with certain members. Example, I'll see the dude who went crazy over sonic's eye color, or the monkey avatar defending cops all the damn time guy, or the dude who jacked TheBlackMarvel's old Bayonetta avatar in a thread and try to "guess" what side they will be on in a social issue thread when they post (hint, it's what ever side a Fox News correspondent would be on). If it was a drinking game I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.
If you don't mind me asking. I don't suppose you remember which guy it was.

Top Bottom