• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Village

Should I join my school's anime club? Yay or nay

Highschool or college. My college has anime, thing, and they talk about how the animation and pacing and stuff like that. Though, I go to an art school, so there might be a different cadence and acceptance to this sort of thing. I'm not in it though, didn't really have the time.

I'm in a lot of game related stuff, game jams are fun.

Highschool or college. My college has anime, thing, and they talk about how the animation and pacing and stuff like that. Though, I go to an art school, so there might be a different cadence and acceptance to this sort of thing. I'm not in it though, didn't really have the time.

I'm in a lot of game related stuff, game jams are fun.

College.

Tech school to be exact.

Village

College.

Tech school to be exact.

Scope out the scene, see if you can sit in on some of the meeting see if its too your liking. Because as much as folks would like to think it is, anime isn't all the same thing. They might be into sections of anime you might not be into. Not just like" this is creepy stuff" like, they might be hard core gundam heads and you might not be into it. Things like that, just check it out see if its on the up and up, and if it fits your bill give it a try. Maybe you can make friends.

I wasn't actually saying that it was op, I was asking. The situation you described usually comes about because a ton of people are vocal about a certain weapon type being op, and the devs fold on the issue and nerf nerf nerf. Destiny players have been having fits about this since day one because the devs folded and fucked the balance up for everything along the way.
Ah, got you. But yeah. I'm just bugging because two of the largest offenders (DL-44 & A-Wing) are still OP. 44 firing speed was *slightly tweaked..Bow got 75% strength nerf + longer charging time which is hilarious considering. Blah..like I said, I'll have to readjust my play style. Just sucks to have a setup and have to scrap it completely. Oh well..

LionPride

Banned
Why shit gotta be complicated? There's this girl I like, I've known her all three years we've been in high school. She's quickly become my closet friend. We went on a date once last year and decided to stay friends. Well I talked to her a few weeks ago and told her I had feelings for her. She said she does too, but neither of us are willing to possibly compromise our friendship if this doesn't work out. I still really like her though, any help for a young buck?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Why shit gotta be complicated? There's this girl I like, I've known her all three years we've been in high school. She's quickly become my closet friend. We went on a date once last year and decided to stay friends. Well I talked to her a few weeks ago and told her I had feelings for her. She said she does too, but neither of us are willing to possibly compromise our friendship if this doesn't work out. I still really like her though, any help for a young buck?

Move on

harSon

Banned
0SQs8Hm.png

1363-4.jpg

hawkgirl pls

D i Z

0SQs8Hm.png

1363-4.jpg

hawkgirl pls

They tried to do damage control and play it like she was joking. Someone on her team realized that she ain't shit yet, and that gig she just got ain't on lock, no matter what reality she deposits her head into after work hours.

akira28

Only hawk girl I ever liked had metal wings and carried a gun.

anyway, she's from Harrisonburg, PA, 58% african american demographic. I do hope she's joking. In fact I now need to know.

edit: Nth metal is still vulnerable to bushes. And into them you go, dear.

LionPride

Banned
Only hawk girl I ever liked had metal wings and carried a gun.

anyway, she's from Harrisonburg, PA, 58% african american demographic. I do hope she's joking. In fact I now need to know.

edit: Nth metal is still vulnerable to bushes. And into them you go, dear.
Like when I heard about it last year I really didn't know if she was joking, two months later I still don't know. She is black

She's identified as multiple different ethnicities at different times. And from her twitter rant from awhile back she claims whatever aspects of her ethnic mix she wants to at any given time. Nobody has the right to label her, too many people are caught up in labels, she's each of those things and all of those things, etc.. etc..

It seems a bit odd to me but it does seem like she had a rough time growing up mixed and because of that she has decided on an... uncommon philosophy.

akira28

She's identified as multiple different ethnicities at different times. And from her twitter rant from awhile back she claims whatever aspects of her ethnic mix she wants to at any given time. Nobody has the right to label her, too many people are caught up in labels, she's each of those things and all of those things, etc.. etc..

It seems a bit odd to me but it does seem like she had a rough time growing up mixed and because of that she has decided on an... uncommon philosophy.

"when I claim I'm black, white people get ideas. when I claim I'm white, black people hate me, what should I do?"

hm....hmmmmmmm
I dunno, what should she do...

I know she's not allowed to climb out of those bushes tho.
goddamn shame. white people get "ideas". fuck does that mean?

O koog bae. O koog.
vU07zHE.jpg

Let it run naturally, it's when you try to codify things that it gets weird.

Holler at someone else

Trey

If you took your shot and she wasn't with it, move on. If you explained to her how you felt, and wanted to advance the relationship, and she said "nah tho," move on. Stay friends, care about her like you always have and will, but place your romantic affections elsewhere.

TheFlow

Banned
If you took your shot and she wasn't with it, move on. If you explained to her how you felt, and wanted to advance the relationship, and she said "nah tho," move on. Stay friends, care about her like you always have and will, but place your romantic affections elsewhere.
What this guy said, especially if you have been friends for a while.

LionPride

Banned
Alright, thanks. Was thinking of doing that, just wanted some other opinions from people who aren't 16/17 years old

LionPride

Banned
Now that you told oh girl shit is gonna get weird and anything you do will be perceived as trying to get with her. Give her some space.
Surprisingly we haven't been awkward round each other. It was a major plus, and I couldn't even avoid her if I wanted to. It would be weird plus since I'm doing theatre stuff and would see her there

Trey

Alright, thanks. Was thinking of doing that, just wanted some other opinions from people who aren't 16/17 years old

You have a lot of life to live. A lot of stuff to experience. Enjoy it man, don't let stuff like this stress you.

You called this situation complicated, but it's really not. It's exceedingly simple. We just get wrapped up in our wants and needs that we deny a rational response. I'm confident in saying everyone has been in your shoes more or less at some point in their life. The answer breaks the same way more often than not.

She makes you happy, but she won't be the only one. As you grow and learn and discover yourself and meet new people, you'll find that person on the same level as you. Just gotta keep your mind open, and always continue working on yourself.

LionPride

Banned
You have a lot of life to live. A lot of stuff to experience. Enjoy it man, don't let stuff like this stress you.

You called this situation complicated, but it's really not. It's exceedingly simple. We just get wrapped up in our wants and needs that we deny a rational response. I'm confident in saying everyone has been in your shoes more or less at some point in their life. The answer breaks the same way more often than not.

She makes you happy, but she won't be the only one. As you grow and learn and discover yourself and meet new people, you'll find that person on the same level as you. Just gotta keep your mind open, and always continue working on yourself.
It's getting weirder and weirder to think I'll be out of high school and out of where I am and have a shit ton of life left. That most of my friends won't be my friends in 2 years. It's weird

Top Bottom