• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

It's a magic sword. One of the few weapons of entirely mystical origin.

I've worked out most of the systems, but I need to work on a few more things. I want to heve everything mapped out entirely before I start coding it. When you play it, you'l understand why so much time is being spent on the "design" portion. It's not quite fair to say that I'm doing something that's never been done, but I'm confident that the way I'm assembling concepts is something that no one has quite imagined before. It's part of why I can share so much incidental stuff about it; the really cool shit, the stuff that makes it stand out* are the things I've told no one about. Literally everything I've shown so far is incidental. When credits role, the stuff that I want to stick with you won't be what you've seen.

And that's before I get to the completely insane scope of what I aim to do.

*other than the facts that I have a black female, an asian female, and a hispanic female as my lead protagonists and my entire cast including enemies and NPC's are minorities and largely female. Oh and magical girls cause why not?)

Edit: Also, I work a lot.

EDIT 2: Also, I've shown a lot of concept art. Most of this won't be in the game. Actually, virtually none of it will.
Still looks off. It was the first second and third thing I thought of

Dereck

meanwhile Zendaya is embracing her black roots. Even though she looks more white than this hawkgirl woman

Zendaya-Dreadlocks-Oscars-2015.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WOfjeqs.jpg

All these abilities. Because you choose to be salty.

You know, re: Hawk Girl...maybe I'm exposing my own insecurities, worried that my son will completely reject his black side and claim to be white. I know the boy can't pass (has MY hair :)), but you know how crazy things can be. Funny, when he asked what he was, my white husband said, "Black."

That photoshop of Kapernick is hilarious. But you see how sometimes the light skinned brothas and sistas are the most woke. Malcom X, Huey, Angela Davis...and today it's Jesse Williams and Amandla Sternberg among others.

akira28

when your new best friend forever is Scott Disick, the swelling from being hit in the face repeatedly with that bag full of Ls, takes time to go down.

dude in the back agrees with me.

Kreed

is she the problem or is the rest of the world the problem?

she's 70% White. along with some Black and Native American.

she's literally more white than everything else combined!

but anyone who looks at her will just think she's black because lol one drop.

"White European White" is not 70% White, and unless she goes through a couple of Amerie/Lil Kim skin programs, she will never be called that by anyone but herself. Hawkgirl fans that were mad she wasn't a white girl sure didn't think she was white European white in that article I posted earlier vs just looking at her and knowing she wasn't white, and she sure as hell didn't take the time to correct them on how white she is vs claiming to be Latino.

"White European White" is not 70% White, and unless she goes through a couple of Amerie/Lil Kim skin programs, she will never be called that by anyone but herself. Hawkgirl fans that were mad she wasn't a white girl sure didn't think she was white European white in that article I posted earlier vs just looking at her and knowing she wasn't white, and she sure as hell didn't take the time to correct them on how white she is vs claiming to be Latino.

you need to re-tune your sarcasm meter.

as far as she's concerned, i could understand if she was like some mixed race alien that never lived on earth and instead lived on a planet where they were post-racial or if she were from some post-racial alternate dimension but anyone with a lick of common sense who has lived even a few years on this planet in this universe knows that dog won't hunt.

Kreed

you need to re-tune your sarcasm meter.

as far as she's concerned, i could understand if she was like some mixed race alien that never lived on earth and instead lived on a planet where they were post-racial or if she were from some post-racial alternate dimension but anyone with a lick of common sense who has lived even a few years on this planet in this universe knows that dog won't hunt.

Man you guys have to throw in a "totes" or an "/s" or something.

I dont get why people get so upset at stupid comedies.

I don't know man but Scary Movie is one of my favorite movies of all time but since then the Wayans have just been.....yikes

Edit: That said and actually looking at the picture, yeah, let them eat if people are willing to pay. Can't be me though.

HeySeuss

Hey all. For those that don't know me I post occasionally in the cop threads and mlb and CFB threads. I've been a cop for awhile now and while I will never understand fully what a black man goes through in dealing with the police, I recognize that there are many many officers that are either flat out racist or ignorant to their inherent biases toward blacks. One of the things I now have input on in my department, is training our officers get on an annual basis, and I'm getting ready to propose training to recognize those biases and be more understanding of them.

I want to make a thread about this but I'm afraid that it will just devolve into a shit thread and be locked and I don't want that. I'm asking here to get feedback from the black community to see, what you believe to be things that we as police officers can do to repair the trust of those we are sworn to protect. I know the justice system is shit. I know this. But that's not something I could ever hope to do anything about. I'm talking about at the police level only. I'm also not talking about obvious things like killing unarmed men/children or the blue line of silence that is prevalent in my line of work.

What I want to know is what we as white officers should know about culturally that would be beneficial to learn and better understand where you coming from. Things that you learn growing up that are ingrained about who we are as police. Other things we can do do repair that trust besides the obvious things. Once I propose this training I will get push back on it even thought there is a big movement within law enforcement for this type of training, but I know I will get the support I need from my chief. He's going to be starting his own national training business once he moves on and I think I would have a vehicle to roll this type of training out on a national level at some point down the road. But I'd like to get it to where I want it within the next 5 years so that I can do more good for all involved.

Thanks in advance and I hope it is OK to ask this in here. If not I'll edit and delete my post.

J.K Rowling stay doing right by Black people.

Truth.

She needs to get an African writer to make a story about that Oadougou school. "Mountains of the Moon", indeed.

Of course, now I want magical Nat Turner, or magical Harriet Tubman. Or George Washington Carver making wands with peanut shells.

Top Bottom