• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Furyous

Johnny Football put his hands on his ex girlfriend.

But remember Cam Newton is a loud mouth thug.

I'm going to step to the side and let BG handle this one...

Clearly, I'm biased because JFF sucks as a pro QB but we should keep the guy on our roster to help him get better with our support systems.

Numb

tumblr_o1oit3WNRT1usrgjso1_500.gif
SF going after DOA
Hey. You down to scrap?
sure i'm down for a few
Coming online

I will put in a call to the Manky Squadron.

What? This isn't my fault, man. Not my fault that the crooked ass owner of the Browns didn't pay attention to that Kevin Costner Draft Day movie.

There is a character in the movie that is pretty much Johnny Football, and Kevin Costner's character, who is in charge of drafting for the Browns, is pressured to take him, but instead he picks Chadwick Boseman's character. See, even Kevin Costner knows that Black Panther is the best.

Slayven

What? This isn't my fault, man. Not my fault that the crooked ass owner of the Browns didn't pay attention to that Kevin Costner Draft Day movie.

There is a character in the movie that is pretty much Johnny Football, and Kevin Costner's character, who is in charge of drafting for the Browns, is pressured to take him, but instead he picks Chadwick Boseman's character. See, even Kevin Costner knows that Black Panther is the best.

I only saw the scene where Chawick calls Kevin Costner on the bluetooth while giving his nephews a dose of black fatherhood. I liked that scene

Numb

I can't hate it. It's pretty well done.

E: SF doesn't have enough jiggle physics to beat out DOA. Soon, though.

Find it hilarious more than anything. Although that angle has been removed
-----

Speaking of DOA

GGS Gordon. New guy. Expected ninjas but got an oil rig worker called Rig. Amazing

Africanus

So today I found out that my school has been covering up a little incident that happened about a week ago.

Background: In late 2014, a black classmate of mine died. Tragic no? He was two grades my younger.
There was a rock in front of my school, that had traditionally been painted over a few times every year. A custom have you. Well the school allowed this rock from then on to be designated as an impromptu memorial for this guy. Such it has been. Next to the large rock is a somewhat smaller rock that gets a similar treatment, although is not a memorial.

Earlier this year, some black students, with permission, spray painted #black lives matter on the small rock. A small gesture on a black out day that was painted over with time.

This is all the prelude to last week, when an unknown group of kids took the time to deface the aforementioned memorial with #policelives matter n-word. Rather than addressing the issue (as the school has done with more minor incidents of cyber bullying, or sexism, etc) the school hastily attempted to cover it up. When it comes to racism, we have a terrible track record. It's quite disturbing to me, the psyche necessary to do such a thing.

Furyous

He's not my boy...
LBV8cHx.gif

Never said he was but you're one of the clearer thinking Browns fans between BrownsGAF as I know a shitty QB upon first sight. Knew JFF was a bust at Texas A&M and guess what happened when he tried his collegiate tactics against pros without properly studying like every young QB does. With that said, JFF needs help and is on the roster so he gets help and support.

Charlie Frye or Brady Quinn at least prepared for games during their eventual time in place as the guy.

Mizerman

So today I found out that my school has been covering up a little incident that happened about a week ago.

Background: In late 2014, a black classmate of mine died. Tragic no? He was two grades my younger.
There was a rock in front of my school, that had traditionally been painted over a few times every year. A custom have you. Well the school allowed this rock from then on to be designated as an impromptu memorial for this guy. Such it has been. Next to the large rock is a somewhat smaller rock that gets a similar treatment, although is not a memorial.

Earlier this year, some black students, with permission, spray painted #black lives matter on the small rock. A small gesture on a black out day that was painted over with time.

This is all the prelude to last week, when an unknown group of kids took the time to deface the aforementioned memorial with #policelives matter n-word. Rather than addressing the issue (as the school has done with more minor incidents of cyber bullying, or sexism, etc) the school hastily attempted to cover it up. When it comes to racism, we have a terrible track record. It's quite disturbing to me, the psyche necessary to do such a thing.

That's some bullshit, right there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Never said he was but you're one of the clearer thinking Browns fans between BrownsGAF as I know a shitty QB upon first sight. Knew JFF was a bust at Texas A&M and guess what happened when he tried his collegiate tactics against pros without properly studying like every young QB does. With that said, JFF needs help and is on the roster so he gets help and support.

Charlie Frye or Brady Quinn at least prepared for games during their eventual time in place as the guy.

I am disgusted by the constant exclusion of Derek Anderson.

Furyous

I am disgusted by the constant exclusion of Derek Anderson.

Forgot about Kelly Holcomb too but facts remain that all of these guys at the very least looked like they gave a smigen of fuck about playing QB at this level during their first year on the team. Give me a smidge of hope yo. Give me something other than some ass pull quote about missing Texas A&M then following that up by not preparing for games. Hue wants grown men players that respect the privilege of playing in this league but JFF needs help so he'll get it.

Village

I just read some interesting stuff about south park and interesting explinations for why their ratings as of late have been so low.

Village

interesting in what way

The idea of instead of the audience growing out of the show, it might be the show growing out of the audience. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions completely I feel like south park is still in many plays doing their " playing both sides of the fence" thing, but the thing is last season, a lot of times, the one of side of the fence was just... way more a thing than the other side of the fence.

The idea behind of a lot of it was a lot of south parks humor, or rather more and more over time has become a " look at these crazy kids and their PC whatever" which in some cases is funny, but I understand the sentiment. The idea of the idea of some show just getting a bit too old for their audience is just an interesting idea. And its an odd thing to consider, because south park , kind of have always made fun of things kids were into. Chinpokemon the dance battle stuff, but its something about making fun of the concept of PC has just turned people off. Because on some level what are you making fun off? And even more so, the delivery is a heck of a lot different that before, the move to a more structured story over the course of a season, has in some ways made it worse. Before they would get their point across in one many two episodes, and be about it. But now with a whole season of getting the point across, not only could the point not get across. If they actually don't have a point, its a whole season of miss.

edit: To add on to that, I think the definitive proof of them just , in a social commentary sense having outgrown a lot of their audience, south park works best at least to me nowadays... when it isn't south park. My favorite episodes of south park are the mysteron episodes, because its about the kids wanting to be super heroes, my favorite peices of south park media is stick of truth because its an rpg. When you give them jokes in a general setting that don't really need to be culturally biting in today's world, but let them just nerd out. It works great, but when they try and be hip, while you get some funny episodes like tweek x creig ,sometimes it just falls apart. I am infinetly more hyped about the new south park super hero game than whatever possible next season.

The idea of instead of the audience growing out of the show, it might be the show growing out of the audience. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions completely I feel like south park is still in many plays doing their " playing both sides of the fence" thing, but the thing is last season, a lot of times, the one of side of the fence was just... way more a thing than the other side of the fence.

The idea behind of a lot of it was a lot of south parks humor, or rather more and more over time has become a " look at these crazy kids and their PC whatever" which in some cases is funny, but I understand the sentiment. The idea of the idea of some show just getting a bit too old for their audience is just an interesting idea. And its an odd thing to consider, because south park , kind of have always made fun of things kids were into. Chinpokemon the dance battle stuff, but its something about making fun of the concept of PC has just turned people off. Because on some level what are you making fun off? And even more so, the delivery is a heck of a lot different that before, the move to a more structured story over the course of a season, has in some ways made it worse. Before they would get their point across in one many two episodes, and be about it. But now with a whole season of getting the point across, not only could the point not get across. If they actually don't have a point, its a whole season of miss.

edit: To add on to that, I think the definitive proof of them just , in a social commentary sense having outgrown a lot of their audience, south park works best at least to me nowadays... when it isn't south park. My favorite episodes of south park are the mysteron episodes, because its about the kids wanting to be super heroes, my favorite peices of south park media is stick of truth because its an rpg. When you give them jokes in a general setting that don't really need to be culturally biting in today's world, but let them just nerd out. It works great, but when they try and be hip, while you get some funny episodes like tweek x creig ,sometimes it just falls apart. I am infinetly more hyped about the new south park super hero game than whatever possible next season.

It definitely basically narrows their audience to right wingers and loudmouth PC culture run amok, oh won't someone think of the oppressed comedians liberals.

Mizerman

Yeah, they sometimes try a bit too hard and it falters big time.

Nakazato

Soooo... Getting married today pretty nervous.

But yesterday was some serendipitous shit.

I didn't call my best friend from childhood cause I thought he was on a show or in LA. So last night I decided to take a drive to the mall in the hood (jandro you know which one) for a vest and to trade in Helldivers coming out of pennies my wife says do you need to trade that game in? I was might adamant about it. So on the way there I blew through a stop sign and there was a guy looking at me. I stopped the car and realized the it my dude. Needless to say he'll be at the wedding.

And to think if I listened to my wife one of my best friends in the world would have missed my wedding.

Alright blackgaf wise me luck hope it lasts

And the to night I will be playing MK music

Top Bottom