• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Village

my favorite's when gaffers are like "name one successful comedian who isn't offensive" as though it's logistically impossible or something.
Paul F Tompkins

When it comes to people who thrive off humor and comedy, PC is pretty much a Boon to their creative concept, well for those who tend to ease off and on the line anyways.

More conservative(heh) comedians are fine, but when you get to people like Matt and Trey, Seinfeld, or Rock. Crossing that line is pretty much what they are good at, and when it becomes Taboo to even do that, its an issue to them, a understandable issue. Whether they move with the times or not is up to them though because it moves on without them.

In a hypothtical future where southpark goes off air, and is just video games and occasional movies.

I'm interested in what today's south park, whatever form that may take would be. I would say the boondocks, but as we hve seen in season 4 that shit don't work with out aaron. Say what you want about him being overly preachy , and needing folks to hold him back. But there was an apparent drop in quality when he left and a lack of love there. Especially when the season prior just had whole episodes where they were like " no this is an anime, this is an anime fuck you I like anime". A sort of blunt unabashed love of an medium, that was just lost.

I'm rambling , but yeah I i'm interested in what that is, now. A new south park type thing I mean

Didn't reverse people's expectations by keeping PC Principal as a character and making him the good guy? I barely watched this season but I'm beginning to agree with people saying that the non-political episodes are the best ones.

Jimmy's wacky races was great.
It sorta came off as like, " oh we may have messed up " which is fine right, internal dialogue, and coming out a better person for it, or persons is a good thing. But it sorta came out of nowhere, and the episode where it happens seems a bit rushed, and that part of it wasn't interesting. The best part of that episode, was a gun control joke, that went nowhere, but in all honesty I wish was the focus of the episode.

shoulder-of-the-horse.gif

RedSwirl

Congrats naka.

The idea of instead of the audience growing out of the show, it might be the show growing out of the audience. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions completely I feel like south park is still in many plays doing their " playing both sides of the fence" thing, but the thing is last season, a lot of times, the one of side of the fence was just... way more a thing than the other side of the fence.

The idea behind of a lot of it was a lot of south parks humor, or rather more and more over time has become a " look at these crazy kids and their PC whatever" which in some cases is funny, but I understand the sentiment. The idea of the idea of some show just getting a bit too old for their audience is just an interesting idea. And its an odd thing to consider, because south park , kind of have always made fun of things kids were into. Chinpokemon the dance battle stuff, but its something about making fun of the concept of PC has just turned people off. Because on some level what are you making fun off? And even more so, the delivery is a heck of a lot different that before, the move to a more structured story over the course of a season, has in some ways made it worse. Before they would get their point across in one many two episodes, and be about it. But now with a whole season of getting the point across, not only could the point not get across. If they actually don't have a point, its a whole season of miss.

edit: To add on to that, I think the definitive proof of them just , in a social commentary sense having outgrown a lot of their audience, south park works best at least to me nowadays... when it isn't south park. My favorite episodes of south park are the mysteron episodes, because its about the kids wanting to be super heroes, my favorite peices of south park media is stick of truth because its an rpg. When you give them jokes in a general setting that don't really need to be culturally biting in today's world, but let them just nerd out. It works great, but when they try and be hip, while you get some funny episodes like tweek x creig ,sometimes it just falls apart. I am infinetly more hyped about the new south park super hero game than whatever possible next season.

Wasn't the original selling point of the whole show back in 1999 or whatever the message that "either everything is okay to make fun of, or nothing is?" They probably see PC culture is an intrusion on comedic freedom.

Shy

Soooo... Getting married today pretty nervous.

But yesterday was some serendipitous shit.

I didn't call my best friend from childhood cause I thought he was on a show or in LA. So last night I decided to take a drive to the mall in the hood (jandro you know which one) for a vest and to trade in Helldivers coming out of pennies my wife says do you need to trade that game in? I was might adamant about it. So on the way there I blew through a stop sign and there was a guy looking at me. I stopped the car and realized the it my dude. Needless to say he'll be at the wedding.

And to think if I listened to my wife one of my best friends in the world would have missed my wedding.

Alright blackgaf wise me luck hope it lasts

And the to night I will be playing MK music
Congratulations Nakazato.
I hope you and your wife have a very long and happy marriage together.

harSon

Banned
Soooo... Getting married today pretty nervous.

But yesterday was some serendipitous shit.

I didn't call my best friend from childhood cause I thought he was on a show or in LA. So last night I decided to take a drive to the mall in the hood (jandro you know which one) for a vest and to trade in Helldivers coming out of pennies my wife says do you need to trade that game in? I was might adamant about it. So on the way there I blew through a stop sign and there was a guy looking at me. I stopped the car and realized the it my dude. Needless to say he'll be at the wedding.

And to think if I listened to my wife one of my best friends in the world would have missed my wedding.

Alright blackgaf wise me luck hope it lasts

And the to night I will be playing MK music

Congrats!

So it turns out the issue is that Steam really doesn't like me playing games when I download. Regardless of whether the setting for downloading while playing games is on or off, starting a game is quickly followed by Steam stopping my download. Doesn't even matter if it's a non-Steam game.

Fucking weird.

So it turns out the issue is that Steam really doesn't like me playing games when I download. Regardless of whether the setting for downloading while playing games is on or off, starting a game is quickly followed by Steam stopping my download. Doesn't even matter if it's a non-Steam game.

Fucking weird.
Sounds like it's time to do some chores while you wait..

Sch1sm

Fucking weird.

Try checking the properties of the specific game you're playing to see if for some reason the global setting is being ignored by it having downloads while playing off.

right click game in library > properties > updates > very last setting

What's with this new theme that high school kids are just these mentally crippled beings that can't help but be racist? I mean, shit..I knew a couple of openly racist kids in school. They never had the balls to dress up ass the Klan. Maybe an SS pin or patch nicely hidden on their backpack, but nothing so blatant..

Try checking the properties of the specific game you're playing to see if for some reason the global setting is being ignored by it having downloads while playing off.

right click game in library > properties > updates > very last setting

The game I was playing isn't a Steam game so it's not in my library.

Congrats Naka

Bish, please petition for the Gaf subtitle to be changed from "Believe" to "Home of the Enjoyable Double Standard"

Anyone doing a movies for BHM thread? I'm starting with Bamboozled today

Mizerman

What's with this new theme that high school kids are just these mentally crippled beings that can't help but be racist? I mean, shit..I knew a couple of openly racist kids in school. They never had the balls to dress up ass the Klan. Maybe an SS pin or patch nicely hidden on their backpack, but nothing so blatant..

Because making excuses is far more preferable than seeing it for what it truly is.

Top Bottom