• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

So..someone decided BHM was the best time to put out an O.J. series? ��

I mean
umEnfTi.jpg

Happy BHM.

So, the post break up talk was swift and we're still friends, so that's whatever.

More importantly, just sent some good ass java programs to a Tech Lead so I can get a role change, and the game I was working on in Global Game Jam got an award!

So at least the end of January went well!

Slayven

Happy BHM.

So, the post break up talk was swift and we're still friends, so that's whatever.

More importantly, just sent some good ass java programs to a Tech Lead so I can get a role change, and the game I was working on in Global Game Jam got an award!

Oh Nigga getting that Cyborg push.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Happy BHM -

BLACK WORKERS EARN 23 PERCENT LESS THAN WHITE COUNTERPARTS: U.K. STUDY

Black workers in the U.K. earn on average almost a quarter less than white workers with similar qualifications, at all levels of education, according to research by Labour think tank the Trades Union Congress (TUC).

A study of Labour Force Survey figures for 2014 and 2015 by TUC reveals that the average pay gap between black and white workers amounts to 23 percent.

According to TUC, white graduates earn £18.63 ($26.57) an hour, compared with £14.33 ($20.43) earned by black university graduates. The gap is prominent at other levels of qualification as well, as on average black workers with A-levels earn 14 percent less than their white counterparts, while the difference between black and white workers with GCSEs is 11 percent.

ApharmdX

Banned
Oh shit, it's BHM already. Second best thing about the month is removing the first person on my Facebook that posts something about "there oughta be a white history month".

My LJ account turned 15 years old yesterday. I have very few posts lately (like, one a year over the past 4), but it was kinda neat to click back to the entries I made while still in freakin' high school and read stuff I wrote back then.

It's a good thing I decided to make everything pre 2007 mass-private a long time ago

This inspired me to look back at mine and

I'm so embarrassed. This is so cringey. This was a mistake.

Apparently I really wanted to learn to ski six years ago. I've tried since then and I disliked it. That's the mildest thing.

Not in Brazil.

Not in the Bahamas either.

FyreWulff

17year old AoL login still works

I think AOL tombstoned my account, attempting to log in just tells me it has no recovery options and that I have to call them. I still remember winning a contest they held to extend my members.aol.com webspace from 4MB to 12MB.

Mizerman

Happy BHM.

At least things are looking up for you.

Man, Morgan Freeman...

That 60 minutes interview still pisses me off to this day. I hate when white people reference it, I doubly hate it when black people reference it.

Fuckery fuel.

Malyse

Pretty sure he's Australian..they seem real down with fuckery on GAF. Post racial and all that jazz.

I'm betting shit is gonna slide plenty..

Austrian actually.

I'm real tempted to post the "Why 'I don't see color' is a copout" article as a thread. I'm certain people will love hearing how their utopian "all bleed the same" worldview is utter bullshit.

Ima put that kickstarter on reddit.

Mizerman

Man, Morgan Freeman...

That 60 minutes interview still pisses me off to this day. I hate when white people reference it, I doubly hate it when black people reference it.

Fuckery fuel.

I'm just waiting for the moment when both MLK and Morgan Freeman are referenced in a stupid manner. Sprinkle a little devil's advocate on top as well.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man, Morgan Freeman...

Fuckery fuel.

I was browsing through YouTube's Live broadcasts last night. There is a guy that I have never watched, but seems to get his material from that interview. He is a Black guy and his stream titles are all about self-hate. He has about 1200 people watching at all times, but I am not giving him my time. Last night was - "Why do Blacks ignore Black Crime?", another night was "The Myth of Black Love".

Dai101

Banned
I'd like to wish everyone of my black sisters and brothers and excelent Black History Month. That all the accomplishments and specially the attrocities that have been done to you and or your ancestors will never be forgotten.

Saludos y felicitaciones a todos ustedes desde Mexico. Que algun dia la igualdad y justicia sea una realidad para todos sin importar el color de piel.

Greetings and congratulations to you all from Mexico. Someday equality and justice will be a reality for all regardless of color of skin.

decided to look up some black history videos on the intertubes

Do these PBS videos play for people who are outside the U.S.?

Working here (Mexico). Thanks for posting this.

Not in Brazil.

Damn! Try Hola! maybe? https://hola.org/

oti

Banned
Hey guys, so after a terrible and insensitive joke I made in another thread (again, sorry) I found out February is Black History Month (I knew this month existed but not that it was in February). So what actually happens in February because of this? School projects? Theatre plays? I really have no idea, there's nothing comparable in Germany.

I'd like to wish everyone of my black sisters and brothers and excelent Black History Month. That all the accomplishments and specially the attrocities that have been done to you and or your ancestors will never be forgotten.

Saludos y felicitaciones a todos ustedes desde Mexico. Que algun dia la igualdad y justicia sea una realidad para todos sin importar el color de piel.

Greetings and congratulations to you all from Mexico. Someday equality and justice will be a reality for all regardless of color of skin.
https://hola.org/

jWWN61Y.gif

Damn you for making me read the same thing in two languages!!

Top Bottom