• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

That's the goal.
eew9Mbj.gif

If anyone brings up "white history" again, show them this
No, show them this

Then tell them to shut their fucking mouth.

Mizerman

There was a Buzzfeed article on the Boyega tweets, and this colonizer's daughter in the comments was screaming about no other group getting months or being taught about in school despite several people correcting her. That's why I don't subscribe to the "educate racists and they'll magically turn into useful humans" theory

Fucking A.

Malyse

That's an incredible freaking map. Definitely saving it.
Why don't you read my threads, bruh?
That hurts. I'm only vapid like 10% of the time during BHM.
There was a Buzzfeed article on the Boyega tweets, and this colonizer's daughter in the comments was screaming about no other group getting months or being taught about in school despite several people correcting her. That's why I don't subscribe to the "educate racists and they'll magically turn into useful humans" theory
Tacking on that, I don't buy apologies from racists who got their shit snatched and had to apologize to save face. Your ass ain't sorry. Your ass is sorry you fucking got caught. Actions speak louder than words. Show me your penance and we'll see. That's why Madonna and Paula Deen and all those "didn't mean it like that", "wasn't trying to offend", "I'm sorry if my actions offended" types can fuck off right into the sun. Good riddance to bad trash.

Malyse

Oh and just as a PSA: I'm stepping back off the depressing threads for a bit. Not feeling hoe it's fucking with my mental state, so I'm gonna switch things up for a little while.

ApharmdX

Banned
Just lost another news source until the end of the election cycle.

Young Turks have been pissing me off for a good minute with the Bernie Caping.

Yeah, TYT has been way over the top lately. They still do good analysis of the GOP primaries and of other news, but on the Dem side they've gone too far (and I say this as a Bernie supporter).

akira28

I think i stopped messing with the Turks during Obama's first run. I liked listening to Cenk and co bash Republicans, but I wasn't interested in listening to him try to dissect Obama.

ApharmdX

Banned
I think i stopped messing with the Turks during Obama's first run. I liked listening to Cenk and co bash Republicans, but I wasn't interested in listening to him try to dissect Obama.

The Young Turks have been pretty fair to Obama. They've credited him for his victories and criticized him for some of the center-right/right-wing compromises that he's made. Compared to MSNBC, which has done a lot more cheerleading, TYT has been a better source of Obama commentary.

Hillary though they despise and they make no attempt to be fair when it comes to her. She seems to create this visceral reaction in a lot of liberals, lol.

oh it's not a complaint about the current BHM thread. it's fine as is. Since that ship has sailed, maybe for the next BCT?

It makes me smile too. so many layers of fucking gold in it. :D

D i Z

Oh and just as a PSA: I'm stepping back off the depressing threads for a bit. Not feeling hoe it's fucking with my mental state, so I'm gonna switch things up for a little while.

Wellness and a clear mental state should always come first.

Mizerman

It's probably for the best. Don't wanna invite more stress your life.

Malyse

Wellness and a clear mental state should always come first.
That and I don't want to solely focus on our suffering. Shit's bad enough. This is our month so let's celebrate.

----

Speaking of suffering, guess who's VP doesn't care about his employees and submitted timesheets too late, so people don't get paid this week?

Love the job, hate the management.
smh @ the Kings thread
Basketball or rapists?

Ohh I know, the Star Wars shipping wars going on in tumblr is fucking insane. I ship Finn/Rey... I want to see my mans win for once I'm not gonna lie

But we are outnumbered by people who ship Rey with Kylo Ren and they come up with 2309340957 reasons why Finn isn't a good match for Rey.

Wait. Shipping Rey with Kylo Ren is like shipping Hermione with Draco. *facepalms* I guess Tumblr gonna Tumblr.

That and I don't want to solely focus on our suffering. Shit's bad enough. This is our month so let's celebrate.

----

Speaking of suffering, guess who's VP doesn't care about his employees and submitted timesheets too late, so people don't get paid this week?

Love the job, hate the management.

Basketball or rapists?

bball

Top Bottom