• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Wait. Shipping Rey with Kylo Ren is like shipping Hermione with Draco. *facepalms* I guess Tumblr gonna Tumblr.

Here's the shipping order in terms of popularity -

1 - Finn/Poe
2 - Kylo Ren/ Hux
3 - Kylo Ren/ Rey
4 - Finn/Poe/Rey
5 - Finn/Rey

I'd much rather talk about shipping that whatever horse fucking... fuckery that's going on in here.

p166741_d_v8_aa.jpg

😐

Kraftwerk

Anyone else annoyed by Bernie supporters?

I mean, Im in Canada, so whatever. But the past week its become hard to avoid. All over social media, at the bars, at work. People just constantly talking about how is he FLAWLESS and all the other single candidates are Satan. All the sentences could be compressed to "pot pot pot tax pot pot pot goldman sachs YAY BERNIE"

What really baffles me, is that I have seen a lot of people who are going to vote for Bernie, have said that if he doesn't get the nominations they wont vote for Hillary and rather vote for trump or someone else since they hate Hillary so much. I have seen a few gaffers who said the same.

And the meme culture that has developed around him is just so stupid. People sharing the most stupid shit. You could literally write SHIT with an impact font on a picture of Hillary and they would share it a bazillion times.

What really baffles me, is that I have seen a lot of people who are going to vote for Bernie, have said that if he doesn't get the nominations they wont vote for Hillary and rather vote for trump or someone else since they hate Hillary so much. I have seen a few gaffers who said the same.
I've seen that posted so much that it's actually starting to scare the shit out of me. What kind of shit is that? Bernie or Trump? Seriously? Get fucked..

Slayven

I mean, Im in Canada, so whatever. But the past week its become hard to avoid. All over social media, at the bars, at work. People just constantly talking about how is he FLAWLESS and all the other single candidates are Satan. All the sentences could be compressed to "pot pot pot tax pot pot pot goldman sachs YAY BERNIE"

And the meme culture that has developed around him is just so stupid. People sharing the most stupid shit. You could literally write SHIT with an impact font on a picture of Hillary and they would share it a bazillion times.

Only going to get worse.

Kreed

There was a Buzzfeed article on the Boyega tweets, and this colonizer's daughter in the comments was screaming about no other group getting months or being taught about in school despite several people correcting her. That's why I don't subscribe to the "educate racists and they'll magically turn into useful humans" theory

Most people who spout things like that online don't want to be educated because they think they are right, which is why they are spouting it online in the first place. People who genuinely want to be educated on other ethnic groups go to them to be educated, but those people are usually not racists in the first place. Example, my Republican coworkers who I have to "check" every once and a while for saying dumb things out loud. Like Florida having better gun safety than New York and New York being a breeding ground for shootings. Like you know someone who says something like this while living in Florida must never turn on the local news. So I checked him and dude just shut up about it after all his points were shot down. But the only thing he learned was not to talk about certain Republican subjects around me.

Most probably don't know it exists.

Right, or the other heritage months, which says even more about BHM because people like Stacey Dash and Morgan Freeman never acknowledge the other month's existence (as well as channels like BET vs the multitude of other channels out there for other groups). Hell, in the video of Morgan Freeman talking about black history month that I'm referencing, he asks how Mike Wallace would feel about a Jewish Heritage month despite the fact that Jewish Heritage month was established by George Bush a few months earlier. What it comes down to IMO is black people pushing for other people to acknowledge BHM existing, which annoys the Stacey Dash's of the world because they just want you to stay in your lane (keep your "black stuff" to yourself), which defeats the purpose of having these months and what they are trying to do.

I've seen that posted so much that it's actually starting to scare the shit out of me. What kind of shit is that? Bernie or Trump? Seriously? Get fucked..

I feel like a lot of vocal Bernie supporters are just people who defaulted to him because they understand Trump is probably not going to win the general. Dudes who are thinking "let's just get the President back to being a white man so I can feel good again."

Normal Bernie supporters are more reasonable.

Slayven

I feel like a lot of vocal Bernie supporters are just people who defaulted to him because they understand Trump is probably not going to win the general. Dudes who are thinking "let's just get the President back to being a white man so I can feel good again."

The super vocal ones are nihilist they just want shit be shaken up good or bad.

D i Z

Nation of brats. If they can't have it their way, they'll burn it down so that their neighbors can't either. On the plus side (if you can call it that), most of these jackholes are so self absorbed, they wouldn't show up to a ballot box anyway.

I just find it insane that folks would more willingly watch the country go backwards than to elect Hillary. What the fuck?
Hopefully there just trying to be cool

Hopefully
Nah. Some folks talk about Hillary like she gave their gamgams cancer..and violated their dad's ass like her name was Amber.

Mizerman

I just find it insane that folks would more willingly watch the country go backwards than to elect Hillary. What the fuck?

Nah. Some folks talk about Hillary like she gave their gamgams cancer..and violated their dad's ass like her name was Amber.

Taking their invisible ball and going home.

Dai101

Banned

Last national elections here had a lot of idiots told to me that they ratter want the PRI back because "yeah, well, they steal but let you steal too!" as a reason why they vote for them instead another option. Now here we are, with a lot of those pri proliticians caught in prostitucion scandals, corruption, narco links, lots of citizens dissapeared, the peso in it's lowest since forever and general fuckery.

But hey! At least i can bribe the transit police!

%(#!%&(%&#!#!237623468734qw68uysdawdk3222214dfdau9

D i Z

Water of a ducks back. As long as policy doesn't fuck with their pot and sex politics (and in most cases even if it does) there isn't much else that a lot of these heads actually care about. The most drastic political swings of the last twenty years don't even register as a blip or having day to day effects for most young voters who worship Sanders.

And here's a little something to make everyone smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40iH_l-ShGQ

Because we all need some trap a cappella in our lives.

Thanks for this.

Last national elections here had a lot of idiots told to me that they ratter want the PRI back because "yeah, well, they steal but let you steal too!" as a reason why they vote for them instead another option. Now here we are, with a lot of those pri proliticians caught in prostitucion scandals, corruption, narco links, lots of citizens dissapeared, the peso in it's lowest since forever and general fuckery.

But hey! At least i can bribe the transit police!

%(#!%&(%&#!#!237623468734qw68uysdawdk3222214dfdau9

That's some straight up fuckery right there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
CaVCrk8UAAASXOp.jpg

When you test the waters and old girl is like "nope"

dumb kids doing dumb kid shit. sam needs to find the hulk and chain himself at his hip asap

He's just a really annoying character. Hated his Ultimate Spider-Man (TV) incarnation and didn't find the comic version much more bearable.

the comic version is infinitely more bareable than his tv show variant. but he needs the nova corps to flesh his ass out somehow. it is kinda fucked that new kid nova is still a thing, but kid ghost rider is nowhere to be seen

akira28

they want to see things burn. their gamble is that trump will be so bad that he will wreck the Republican party beyond repair and be out in 4 years. Dems are literally plotting the death of the Republicans right now. Some will make it off the boat into a 3rd party, and the GOP will sink into irrelevancy if not being forced to disband and try to reform.

Dai101

Banned
That's some straight up fuckery right there.

Yeah. The fucked up part is that a LOT of the people here think like that, is a way of living. "El que no tranza, no avanza ("Those which do not cheat, stays behind) is a largely taught attitude.

Why do you think the narco (and even petty crime) is viewed as an aspirational career? (Fueled by the same lack of opportunities the government creates with their own fuckery mind you)

LionPride

Banned
I'm so happy I can't vote yet, I don't like any of the candidates. Sanders may be the best choice out of a sea of shit, but it's still a sea of shit. None of these people are good for being president, plus there is still so much more that needs to be done with city and state governments that is an entirely different issue all by itself.

I would buy that for real

Remember a few years ago of that fad of hipsters doing acoustic covers of hip hop?

Why it never went the other way of hiphop covers of hipster stuff?

Maybe because hipsters are all about irony, and a little white girl or skinny white guy doing a cover of a hip hop or rap song is all about that irony. Especially if swear words are involved. Especially especially if the n word is involved.

But hip hop is not about irony. And really, a hip hop song when they take a sample or beat from non hip hop and rap or sing over it...that is as close as you'll get to the reverse. Like Mary J. Blige's song that had Benny and the Jets as the riff.

Now, there are plenty of mashup/bootleg guys who /will/ flip hip hop or rap lyrics over a hipster beat.

Village

the comic version is infinitely more bareable than his tv show variant. but he needs the nova corps to flesh his ass out somehow. it is kinda fucked that new kid nova is still a thing, but kid ghost rider is nowhere to be seen

That's about where I'm at regarding him

Top Bottom