• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Slayven

I love how Trump just says "Fuck it. You're all against me anyway." Yo. Christie just wants to violate Rubio lol..

I went into this shit believing the hype that Rubio was the dangerous one, the golden boy

He is golden alright, cause Christie pissed right on him

Like his name was Tigerr

LionPride

Banned
Yo, all yall who live in Florida should I consider going to any school there? I plan on majoring in Computer Science or Software Engineering

Anywhere. I'm trying to see if a school in Florida, Texas, Michigan, North Carolina, NY, Oregon, or of course Tennessee would be better. I'm leaning towards staying in-state for price reasons, but am open to anywhere

I have nothing but good things to say about UWF (especially at its price point for in-staters), but there's not a whole lot to do in the immediate area.

PInk Tape

Banned
My local news just did a story on the Crying Jordan meme and memes in general. They even showed the cat Jordan gif.

What a time to be alive.

Furyous

Can someone break down rural lives matter?

Lemme get this straight:

An innocent black child gets killed for weilding a toy gun.
Trayvon is killed and media/conservative paint is as justified.
Michael Brown is killed for stealing cigarettes.
BLM are painted as thugs for peaceful protests.
Sandra Bland is murdered after yelling please don't kill me.
An innocent black child is killed in a high school and no one is prosecuted.
Eric Garner is killed out after yelling I can't breathe.

^^ All this happens but one guy illegally occupies a federal building, makes terrorist threats against law enforcement while waving a gun around, brings in women and children as hostages allegedly, organizes citizens to fight the government only to die reaching for his weapon.... When did rural lives stop mattering? The video is out there and he reached for something.

Sch1sm

No lives matter unless they're a big name who's constantly in the public eye. Then every day people make posts like, "OMG, I can't believe we lost another one to cancer," or, "x person just died." Let's be real. I've heard more about David Bowie, Celine Dion's husband, Celine Dion's brother, and Lemmy, than I've heard about those Oregon militia men.

The closest we'll ever get to Black Pride from the Republicans:

CalCTKHXEAE9ucc.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
Anywhere. I'm trying to see if a school in Florida, Texas, Michigan, North Carolina, NY, Oregon, or of course Tennessee would be better. I'm leaning towards staying in-state for price reasons, but am open to anywhere
I hear Jihadist University is giving out some good scholarships.

Young Magus

So like honest dbz anylizations

I feel like namekians and like their whole culture is actually based way more on indian and middle eastern cultures than anything out of africa to be quite honest. The closest thing to actually black folk in dbz I find as a comparison, stereotypical is the saiyains. And its in theme, in actual aeststic practice I have no idea what to compare them to besides kryptonians for obvious reasons.

Also a real life knuckles counter part would probably, since we are on the subject of """"black""""" video game characters, be like native american, because like the aztec architecture, and the clothing and everything. Just happens to like rap music,.And then like the plethora of stories in the comic about how all the echidinas were pissed because all folks do is come to their land take their shit and kinda kill them.They are very much like native americans of the sonic universe, just with the scarcity, the arctexture, well most of it. According to sonic adventure 2, there may have been an Egyptian branch of enchiladas, which would be super interesting. But everything connected to knuckles is native american or like south american in orgin. Also they have like horrible like messed up sacrificial tendencies, which probably seals the deal on the ancient south american peoples connection on a stereotype level.

So like.......
You saying Goku`s black?

Super Bowl will be fun, hopefully Cam gives out that 40-7 ass whipping.

Been getting more into American Horror Story. Milder House and Coven are brutally good. Also finished the first season of Fargo, Billy Bob clearly trained by Chigur.

That Gods of Egypt shit can fuck right off.

RedSwirl

So like honest dbz anylizations

I feel like namekians and like their whole culture is actually based way more on indian and middle eastern cultures than anything out of africa to be quite honest. The closest thing to actually black folk in dbz I find as a comparison, stereotypical is the saiyains. And its in theme, in actual aeststic practice I have no idea what to compare them to besides kryptonians for obvious reasons.

Also a real life knuckles counter part would probably, since we are on the subject of """"black""""" video game characters, be like native american, because like the aztec architecture, and the clothing and everything. Just happens to like rap music,.And then like the plethora of stories in the comic about how all the echidinas were pissed because all folks do is come to their land take their shit and kinda kill them.They are very much like native americans of the sonic universe, just with the scarcity, the arctexture, well most of it. According to sonic adventure 2, there may have been an Egyptian branch of enchiladas, which would be super interesting. But everything connected to knuckles is native american or like south american in orgin. Also they have like horrible like messed up sacrificial tendencies, which probably seals the deal on the ancient south american peoples connection on a stereotype level.

This was pretty much what it always was with Nameks, what with Piccolo's turban and all.

As for the echidnas, you don't even want to get into what they're all about in the Archie comic (before they had to get retconned out because one of the writers copyrighted all the comic-only characters for himself during a dispute).

Basically, they're like, Atlantis or Wakanda or some shit. They had futuristic technology and floated a chunk of the Earth into the sky to escape a meteor -- thus the floating island. Some other shit went down and I don't remember when, but their whole city just up and disappeared into another dimension. There was a rift between traditionalists and technophiles who went cyborg led by a Magneto-esque dude. I think the cyborgs disappeared into a separate dimension where time flowed differently, I don't remember. Somewhere they had the whole damn family tree laid out from the original rift, 400 years down all the way to Knuckles himself. Then there was the beef with the Dingos which was presented as some kind of civil rights conflict.

Jesus. I know I just roll my eyes whenever the cycle turns to comics, but damn I was reading some fucked-up shit back then.

andthebeatgoeson

Florida A&M has a good engineering school (it's combined with FSU). A lot of people I knew did very well for themselves.

Just saying. And it's cheap. And there's a ton of cheeks.

Meet me in Tallahassee Oct 2016, for homecoming, brehs. Hampton is coming thru. Gordon, drive on up. Slay, drive on down. We about to turn up to 12. I'm hitting Tennessee, The Moon, get a gut box. Some drive thru liquor. Just got my room this week.

akira28

Beef was supposed to take those rejected Amibos to the dumpster, not sell them out in front of the KB Toys Store. Didn't take them long to catch him when the first unhappy kid came back with his mom, and she came back with the police.

TheFlow

Banned
I am Glad Saturday Night addressed the Issue of racism towards Cam Newton. For anyone who hasn't watched it, it was basically the same as the GAF thread you all saw.

Top Bottom