• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

b79nr8w.gif
maxresdefault.jpg

SFV

Hello,

We’re contacting you about order #________. We recently learned there will be a delay receiving the product from the manufacturer that may prevent us from delivering "Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition" by February 16. We're very sorry about this.

We’ll make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

If you'd like to make a change to your order, you can access the Your Orders page by clicking the Your Account button in the upper-right corner of any page at Amazon.com. Once there, you can make changes to unshipped orders, cancel unshipped items, track shipped packages, modify your account settings, and do much more.

We understand this is a disappointment and sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We wanted to let you know about this as soon as possible, in case you need to make other plans.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Ahhh. gotcha.
You know how it is. At some point, PSN/XBL are gonna vanish. The games I paid for can't communicate with the mothership to let it know I have a license to play the software..Fuck all that. I love playing old games. I play MKII/SFA3/Puzzle Fighter more than anything in my life. I'm not willing to lose that option by going straight digital..

Dereck

You know how it is. At some point, PSN/XBL are gonna vanish. The games I paid for can't communicate with the mothership to let it know I have a license to play the software..Fuck all that. I love playing old games. I play MKII/SFA3/Puzzle Fighter more than anything in my life. I'm not willing to lose that option by going straight digital..
I've been pining in futility for an option for physical purchases to come with digital codes. I think it's an impossible thing without someone losing money along the way. One thing I realized about physical copies is that they can get lost or stolen. The scratched disc thing has become less of an issue since Blu-ray discs are harder to scratch now.

I remember back in the CD/DVD days where even if I was meticulous in the way that I handled my games, I would get a few scratches here and there. I have like two PS4 games, both of which I bought used, both of which I've had for over a year each, neither of them have scratches. I think I give physical copies a slight edge nowadays. Digital copies are fine, I just wish that I could have both at the price of one. And I also can't sell my digital copies, also another huge minus.

akira28

I'm counting on the hackers and pirates to preserve shit once Steam and Uber and Ultima and all those nonexistent game services rise and fall.

Fucking boo.
😢😓
Disappointed.

You know you're loved. I'm just curious, nigga lol..

I've been pining in futility for an option for physical purchases to come with digital codes. I think it's an impossible thing without someone losing money along the way. One thing I realized about physical copies is that they can get lost or stolen. The scratched disc thing has become less of an issue since Blu-ray discs are harder to scratch now.

I remember back in the CD/DVD days where even if I was meticulous in the way that I handled my games, I would get a few scratches here and there. I have like two PS4 games, both of which I bought used, both of which I've had for over a year each, neither of them have scratches. I think I give physical copies a slight edge nowadays. Digital copies are fine, I just wish that I could have both at the price of one. And I also can't sell my digital copies, also another huge minus.

Yeah, that'll never happen. Too much loss. These are companies, not our friends trying to hook us up and make life easier. I agree that it would be an awesome way to go about it..

Now you talkin' my language, ese.

tumblr_mssb4aOYxd1rynk4uo1_r1_500.gif

I'm counting on the hackers and pirates to preserve shit once Steam and Uber and Ultima and all those nonexistent game services rise and fall.

Considering how well MAME and other emulators have done, there's always that chance. I just don't necessarily want to risk it. PS3 emulation is still dookie, last I checked. There are games I want to play until I'm in the dirt..

Malyse

Sort of like how if you register a digital copy of a movie on DisneyMoviesAnywhere, you have the physical movie as well as a digital copy on Google Play, iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, and the Microsoft Store?

Dereck

Sort of like how if you register a digital copy of a movie on DisneyMoviesAnywhere, you have the physical movie as well as a digital copy on Google Play, iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, and the Microsoft Store?
I'm not familiar with DisneyMoviesAnywhere, but that sounds like what I'm talking about.

Like if I went to Walmart and bought a copy of SFV, when I open the game case, I have the disc, and a digital code tied to that disc.

So if I put that disc in my PS4, it "marries" the PS4, and then I can download a digital copy of the game just by putting my disc in the PS4. That digital code becomes used and useless because then my PS4 keeps that digital code for (I don't know how long exactly). But like I said before, there's a lot of problems with that hypothetical but it would be so sweet if something like this was possible.

If I put that brand new game into a PS4 that's not mine, I would either be really generous, or have had screwed myself over by tying my brand new digital code of my game to someoneelse's PS4.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot to mention that you can't play the digital copy of your game unless the physical is in the disc drive. Hahaha, this is why this idea is kind of far-fetched right now. Introduce a new suggestion, and a new question can be asked regarding it's legality.

Shy

Completely understand, i try to avoid digital on consoles when i can.

I'm not familiar with DisneyMoviesAnywhere, but that sounds like what I'm talking about.

Like if I went to Walmart and bought a copy of SFV, when I open the game case, I have the disc, and a digital code tied to that disc.

So if I put that disc in my PS4, it "marries" the PS4, and then I can download a digital copy of the game just by putting my disc in the PS4. That digital code becomes used and useless because then my PS4 keeps that digital code for (I don't know how long exactly). But like I said before, there's a lot of problems with that hypothetical but it would be so sweet if something like this was possible.

If I put that brand new game into a PS4 that's not mine, I would either be really generous, or have had screwed myself over by tying my brand new digital code of my game to someoneelse's PS4.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot to mention that you can't play the digital copy of your game unless the physical is in the disc drive. Hahaha, this is why this idea is kind of far-fetched right now. Introduce a new suggestion, and a new question can be asked regarding it's legality.

That was the original Xbox One system before everyone pitched a goddamn fit.

Top Bottom