• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

It's a fan theory of course it would have glaring holes in it

I mean, that's beyond glaring lol. You can't have seen the film and still propose that.
Unless you're a troll.

Well, why shouldn't they? People are going to buy it regardless, so why not squeeze out every drop?

I'm not so sure, depending on a) how bad the fleecing is and b) if there is a Steam version.

I'm definitely not buying it as an episodic title, happy to wait for the collected edition.

G-Fex

I mean, that's beyond glaring lol. You can't have seen the film and still propose that.
Unless you're a troll.

I'm not so sure, depending on a) how bad the fleecing is and b) if there is a Steam version.

I'm definitely not buying it as an episodic title, happy to wait for the collected edition.

well your kids will likely get the collected edition.

Hahahahahaha.

Kreed

Well, why shouldn't they? People are going to buy it regardless, so why not squeeze out every drop?

DLC maybe, but multiple retail disks? I think a lot of people are going to buy the first part and then the story will be the huge drop offs from part 2-what ever.

Malyse

DLC maybe, but multiple retail disks? I think a lot of people are going to buy the first part and then the story will be the huge drop offs from part 2-what ever.
You know what the first thing the first person to get FFXII at the launch event said to the president of Square Enix? The very first thing? "Please remake Final Fantasy VII". New game still in the shrink wrap and he's begging for the old one. SE is going to make Disney money on this shit.

Plus I really wouldn't be surprised if the attitude at SE was akin to "Oh, you want a remake? Well fuck you. I'll make you sorry you asked.

It's annoying as hell when you're trying to do new things and people only want to talk about the old stuff

played through Final Fantasy 7-I and 7-II with dad. Finally get 7-III on Christmas day, and it lets you decide whether Aeris lives or dies. Before I can say anything, my dad hits "Aeris Lives," pays the extra $39.99 and says I wouldn't understand and that Final Fantasy 7 was a historic game. But he won't let me get the Samsung Supercluster 7 even though it's on sale for $99?

#gamersjustdontunderstand #only20skidsremember

played through Final Fantasy 7-I and 7-II with dad. Finally get 7-III on Christmas day, and it lets you decide whether Aeris lives or dies. Before I can say anything, my dad hits "Aeris Lives," pays the extra $39.99 and says I wouldn't understand and that Final Fantasy 7 was a historic game. But he won't let me get the Samsung Supercluster 7 even though it's on sale for $99?

3141c1f58004d0580046e49683b049fa.jpg

Malyse

Bull. No way they make it to Aerith in only three installments.

Wait wait wait. FFVR is going to be ... episodic?!

ROFL, what the hell?

The dream is dead. Last Guardian is still dead as hell, Shenmue 3 ... *cricket chirp*

and now they're gonna break the much anticipated FINAL FANTASY VII™ "DAMN SON, YA'LL BEEN WAITING A LONG ASS TIME, EH?" Edition into parts?

mjlol.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hey, anyone remember that story about a tech guy who recently got fired for sending a "it's Friday, what's up my nigg-z" email to a bunch of people in his company? It's escaping me and I can't seem to find the link.

Not Aaron Slator. I think it was an Asian man.

Malyse

I also like the concept that the Doomsday reveal is at the beginning of BvS and that they defeat him immediately (Supes snaps the neck or something) and that's what sets Batman and Superman against each other. And Lex is manipulating things from behind the scenes.

But I don't think they are that clever.

RedSwirl

The only thing impossible about a Final Fantasy 7 remake is for Square Enix to be fucking competent in the course of releasing a FF related project.

Making towns and cities in HD is not hard. Lots of games, from MMOs to RPGs to open world games, release with as much explorable space as Final Fantasy VII had. Don't forget, that game was really long because there was a lot of RPG combat in it, and a lot of story cutscenes, not because there was a never-matched-before-or-since amount of assets and shit in that game.

The real problem is that Square Enix doesn't know how to fucking make video games anymore. That's why literally every single one of their major projects has fucking problems and is delayed for half a generation. Or more.

Because the real truth is that Square Enix is not a AAA game developer. They don't have their shit together enough for that. They still haven't successfully transitioned into the HD era, and the only reason they're still afloat is because of mobile, and the fact that the franchises and developers they absorbed from Eidos Interactive allow their western branch to actually fucking put out games on a regular basis.

Did you post this exact thing in the thread? Because I might. How many fully internally-developed console games has Square Enix put out since 2006? Because I know for some of their recent games Tri-Ace had to help out, and now we know CyberConnect 2 is helping out with FF7R.

I have a feeling this is gonna be made more like the FF13 series and we're actually gonna get three $59.99 games, and the first one will come out in 2017.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Did you post this exact thing in the thread?
Maybe one or two sentences vaguely like it.
Because I might.
Feel free.
How many fully internally-developed console games has Square Enix put out since 2006? Because I know for some of their recent games Tri-Ace had to help out, and now we know CyberConnect 2 is helping out with FF7R.
I don't know, but it's not a lot. They've been concentrating a lot on the handheld and mobile business. Remember they moved Dragon Quest to the DS?

Acquiring Eidos Interactive is maybe the smartest business move they made in a long damn time.

I have a feeling this is gonna be made more like the FF13 series and we're actually gonna get three $59.99 games, and the first one will come out in 2017.
I would be absolutely shocked if it wasn't this.

Malyse

Did you post this exact thing in the thread? Because I might. How many fully internally-developed console games has Square Enix put out since 2006? Because I know for some of their recent games Tri-Ace had to help out, and now we know CyberConnect 2 is helping out with FF7R.

Maybe one or two sentences vaguely like it.

Feel free.

I don't know, but it's not a lot. They've been concentrating a lot on the handheld and mobile business. Remember they moved Dragon Quest to the DS?

Acquiring Eidos Interactive is maybe the smartest business move they made in a long damn time.

I would be absolutely shocked if it wasn't this.
Ah yup

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1152377

Village

Hey, anyone remember that story about a tech guy who recently got fired for sending a "it's Friday, what's up my nigg-z" email to a bunch of people in his company? It's escaping me and I can't seem to find the link.

Not Aaron Slator. I think it was an Asian man.

wwhooahh, I wanna see this story I didn't hear about this

TheFlow

It checks out guys.

😉

-----

I stayed up way too damn late one more questing Xenoblade X. Sleep at 2. Up at 5:45.

----

http://www.themarysue.com/television-shows-female-leads-of-color/

----

How many damned FFVII threads do we need? And people think we have too many Star Wars threads.

Ha-ha at the Flash brought up in that article. How could you not just see racism at that (tho I know gaf would, with a olde it's just a adaptation of course it wouldn't follow historic comic more)

Malyse

Ha-ha at the Flash brought up in that article. How could you not just see racism at that (tho I know gaf would, with a olde it's just a adaptation of course it wouldn't follow historic comic more)
I don't make every thread I think of, especially when I know it will go to shit. Unless I just want to watch the chaos.

Top Bottom