• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

TheFlow

Banned
Where you're from -Florida
Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Black-American, roots traced to Louisiana and from there England
Do you know your roots -yeah
Favorite musical genre -I play the guitar so I like to listen different types of bands
Your profession/major/career interest -nursing
Your religious affiliation -Christian
Hobbies -gunpla, comics, and small movie reviews
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bruh Lees chicken spicy recipe, popeye's at a close second

fill like I just filled a online dating application smh

Numb

Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Black-American, roots traced to Louisiana and from there England
Favorite musical genre -I play the guitar so I like to listen different types of bands
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bruh Lees chicken spicy recipe, popeye's at a close second

welcome welcome welcome friend

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21

that sena avatar puts you in good company

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The only thing impossible about a Final Fantasy 7 remake is for Square Enix to be fucking competent in the course of releasing a FF related project.

Making towns and cities in HD is not hard. Lots of games, from MMOs to RPGs to open world games, release with as much explorable space as Final Fantasy VII had. Don't forget, that game was really long because there was a lot of RPG combat in it, and a lot of story cutscenes, not because there was a never-matched-before-or-since amount of assets and shit in that game.

The real problem is that Square Enix doesn't know how to fucking make video games anymore. That's why literally every single one of their major projects has fucking problems and is delayed for half a generation. Or more.

Because the real truth is that Square Enix is not a AAA game developer. They don't have their shit together enough for that. They still haven't successfully transitioned into the HD era, and the only reason they're still afloat is because of mobile, and the fact that the franchises and developers they absorbed from Eidos Interactive allow their western branch to actually fucking put out games on a regular basis.
This is exactly what is going on. I said just about the same thing in the thread too. It's not rocket science, SE just lost their edge but still wants to milk their franchise for money because that's what businesses do.

Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21

Welcome blood

Mizerman

Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21

Welcome.

Furyous

Alternate Timeline Chapter 2 Postgame DLC gonna sell millions of units

Don't forget costume packs for $1 per character. Costume packs consist of literally different shaders. Square could sell different game filters for $5 per filter. Filters affect the way the game looks.

What is this controversy about again?

Shy

Where you live -Ocala
What is your age? -21

Welcome to you, new fellow.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man how many industries have consumers that will fight tooth and nail to represent, defend, and promote your business FOR FREE, for no other reason than brand loyalty?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I think we're talking about different things. This is what I'm talking about from the Uncharted thread and other threads on social issues like the Chinese Star Wars poster thread, etc...:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080306&postcount=19

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080200&postcount=14

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080334&postcount=22

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080728&postcount=45

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080886&postcount=54

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188081624&postcount=102

Simply put, posters who show up in threads related to social issues and go "What are you guys so mad about?" or "And here comes GAF getting outraged again" or "I wasn't offended therefore there is no issue and anyone who thinks differently from me is an idiot" or any other form of patronizing comments towards anyone that has a criticism about something they don't understand/can't relate to. These posters don't even want to see the criticisms or comments made or else you're "upset" or "angry" or a South Park character from the current season. If you have a different opinion, fine, share your opinion and express why you disagree, not the shit linked above. The bikini example was just a random jab at a form of discussion that I see on GAF without this form of shit posting.
Makes our job easier though

Merc_

Man how many industries have consumers that will fight tooth and nail to represent, defend, and promote your business FOR FREE, for no other reason than brand loyalty?

It's because gamers are actually dumb enough to think these huge corporations are their friends and actually give a shit about them personally. You would think they would have learned by now after all the blatant attempts to nickle and dime them.

Numb

It's because gamers are actually dumb enough to think these huge corporations are their friends and actually give a shit about them personally. You would think they would have learned by now after all the blatant attempts to nickle and dime them.

You would understand that people wanting to fight for the thing they spent money on when a rival product is there. Hoping they chose the good one and feel good about that. But that should be all it should be instead it goes a million steps further ahead to the point it becomes part of their identity or something as crazy.
You give them money in exchange of a service or product. If you feel you got something inferior just swap to what you think is better. Don't become their knights in battle and ass-kisser lol

Damn, some of y'all actin like Squeenix broke into your house and took all the white wimminz.

I'm too broke to game anyways so that's why I'm probably like "meh"

Lmao

ywOFD6p.png

Everyone should have seen this coming when they offered level boosters for $9.00 in the PC "remaster" port they did.

I'm impressed by the sheer balls it must take to continue to lie using half ass excuses for different decisions though.

"HD towns just can't be done"

"The file size is just too big we have to split up into episodes"
everyone knows that FF7 world is like 3 Just Causes, 1 Witcher and a Skyrim combined. can't be fitting on 1 disc yo!

LionPride

Banned
Video games, Comics, Comic movies, Apple/Samsung, Anime, Music especially pop and hip hop

People feel as if they have to defend something they love to the death to prove they love that thing more than the person next to em

Merc_

It is fucking hilarious how willing folks are to take SE at their word now after all the relentless shitting on them they did in every FFXV thread. These dudes are so damn fickle.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

It is beyond me.
Given up to try and understand.

Video games, Comics, Comic movies, Apple/Samsung, Anime, Music especially pop and hip hop

People feel as if they have to defend something they love to the death to prove they love that thing more than the person next to em
I hear all this. I just don't understand people that want to place the stakes of their personality and sense of identity on what tech they bought or what media they like. What happened to defining yourself by actions, ideals, beliefs/philosophies?

Instead it's like "nah fuck being a person and formulating real connections, taking risks, or using critical thinking; I am just gonna fight under the banner of this corporation who only sees me as a # adding to their stack."

This might be basic but it still just bothers me how people think corporations stand for anything except making money.

Crocodile

I hear all this. I just don't understand people that want to place the stakes of their personality and sense of identity on what tech they bought or what media they like. What happened to defining yourself by actions, ideals, beliefs/philosophies?

Instead it's like "nah fuck being a person and formulating real connections, taking risks, or using critical thinking; I am just gonna fight under the banner of this corporation who only sees me as a # adding to their stack."

This might be basic but it still just bothers me how people think corporations stand for anything except making money.

The natural end result of our American culture's (I'd say most capitalistic cultures in the World but since we are the biggest consumers I assume its worse for us than many others) drive for consumption. We consume and spend so much time consuming that it starts warping our identity.

The only thing impossible about a Final Fantasy 7 remake is for Square Enix to be fucking competent in the course of releasing a FF related project.

Making towns and cities in HD is not hard. Lots of games, from MMOs to RPGs to open world games, release with as much explorable space as Final Fantasy VII had. Don't forget, that game was really long because there was a lot of RPG combat in it, and a lot of story cutscenes, not because there was a never-matched-before-or-since amount of assets and shit in that game.

The real problem is that Square Enix doesn't know how to fucking make video games anymore. That's why literally every single one of their major projects has fucking problems and is delayed for half a generation. Or more.

Because the real truth is that Square Enix is not a AAA game developer. They don't have their shit together enough for that. They still haven't successfully transitioned into the HD era, and the only reason they're still afloat is because of mobile, and the fact that the franchises and developers they absorbed from Eidos Interactive allow their western branch to actually fucking put out games on a regular basis.

Relevant quotes from Ravidrath (I hope he doesn't mind me posting these here) from the Indivisible thread:

In my experience, thus far, I would just say that some Japanese companies are just less awful than others.

I love their games and the culture and people, but dealing with Japanese bureaucracy and business practices can be unbelievably frustrating and is often times infuriating.

I seriously don't know how they get anything done.

Yeah, I actually read an article from a Japanese economist that came to the conclusion that the Japanese economy technically isn't a recession, but is in an entirely self-inflicted relative recession.

Basically, the entire rest of the world adapted to the digital revolution and reaped massive productivity gains. Japan was afraid to try new things, wouldn't buy off-the-shelf solutions, and instead tried to roll their own... none of which actually worked.

So basically imagine every Japanese corporation spending a ton of and money time on the Luminous Engine for 10 years instead of using Unreal, and then wondering why their economy is in bad shape.

LionPride

Banned

Some people really are ride or die for a product, they have this insane connection to it that most people won't understand. When these like minded people come together you have this ride or die tier group of people who really think companies are out for their best interests. People who think Square/EA/etc. really owe them something. People who will stan something thinking that a company focused on getting money is trying to see them as a person and not just another schmoe buying their product

Malyse

FF7 is hilarious to me.

I mean..sorry.

rofl

I am dying laughing. I absolutely love it when Square jerks people around. This may top the FFVII PC port for PS4.

Square Enix can choke on the fattest dick alive at this point. I honestly shouldn't even be surprised at this point.

But you just playing that you mad, right?
I think we're talking about different things. This is what I'm talking about from the Uncharted thread and other threads on social issues like the Chinese Star Wars poster thread, etc...:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080306&postcount=19

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080200&postcount=14

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080334&postcount=22

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080728&postcount=45

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188080886&postcount=54

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188081624&postcount=102

Simply put, posters who show up in threads related to social issues and go "What are you guys so mad about?" or "And here comes GAF getting outraged again" or "I wasn't offended therefore there is no issue and anyone who thinks differently from me is an idiot" or any other form of patronizing comments towards anyone that has a criticism about something they don't understand/can't relate to. These posters don't even want to see the criticisms or comments made or else you're "upset" or "angry" or a South Park character from the current season. If you have a different opinion, fine, share your opinion and express why you disagree, not the shit linked above. The bikini example was just a random jab at a form of discussion that I see on GAF without this form of shit posting.

If this were an alt or if I had an alt, I would multi-quote all of the "why is this controversial" posts and dump them in the FF7 episodic thread.

shingi70

Banned
The Final Fantasy VII news was too good to be true. The footage is nice, but this is the same.company that has two games by the same dude still in the pipeline with a vauge "soon" release date.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll raise my hand and say I was fooled.

But I'm also very trusting and never learn my lesson, so yes I will take this L. I guarantee I will take many more until the day I die.

Malyse

Looks like a poster for a Rom Com

That is amazing.

-----

http://www.thefirmformen.com/

Wat.

----

Will was murdered on the basketball court in West Philly. The taxi driver is God (that's why we felt that the cab was different or "rare"). God takes him heaven where he lives in a mansion with his wealthy aunt and uncle and slowly works out his issues and hardships. Will only sees his mother and father on special occasions, because that's when they come to visit his grave.

Dereck

I haven't been able to post much lately but I gotta let you guys know that I enjoyed reading the last 5-6 pages, too much fuckery to handle coming from both the OT and Gaming Side lately.

Slayven

So those edgelords finally took their "X is dead" theories to Fresh Prince? Shocked it took that long tbh

I hate fan throeires they are always cynical as fuck. But I heard a funny one, that the Jungle Book is a prequel to Tailspin, Mogwli is the last human and after he dies all the animals evolve to fly planes and shit.

Malyse

I hope they charge like $30 per part and split it in three parts, with a $50 collector's edition for each. Then I hope that they release $10 DLC packs with new Bonus Bosses and outfits and stuff. And then I hope they make a game of the year version with all the DLC and the full game for $60.

giphy.gif

Malyse

I hate fan throeires they are always cynical as fuck. But I heard a funny one, that the Jungle Book is a prequel to Tailspin, Mogwli is the last human and after he dies all the animals evolve to fly planes and shit.
Elsa and Anna are Tarzan's older sisters.

Top Bottom