• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

giphy.gif

Malyse

Except for the fact that it would get locked immediately and you would get juniored+banned

I know. It's a flameout burn the bridges plan; one I won't take cause I know how much you all love me and would miss me.

I think Confederate History Month would be okay. White History Month would start a race war in OT. Reinforcements would be called in from Gaming and KotakuInAction, then they would infiltrate the BCT.

NOPE. Confederate History Month would those "heritage not hate" sickfucks out in droves.
And why do you the KIA isn't here already? Have you noticed the thread's post count vs view count?

XCOM2 is so unoptimized it would melt the Vita in your hands 20 seconds after turning it on.

Dun curr. Still want it. Someone could port it. It's a damned tactics games.

Walpurgis

Banned
Live at Grillby's is an official Jazz cover album of some tracks pulled from Undertale. Most of the songs are pretty upbeat like that.
Thanks. I think this is what I've been looking for. Is there a name for this type of jazz? A lot of the other jazz that I found was slow and boring, even the "big band" stuff.
NOPE. Confederate History Month would those "heritage not hate" sickfucks out in droves.
And why do you the KIA isn't here already? Have you noticed the thread's post count vs view count?
I guess you're right. :p
You say that like they're not already keeping tabs
I meant that they would come out of hiding. All out war. Casualties on both sides ending in a condescending thread lock by Modbot.

Where the sisters at? I remember when this thread originally started we had Devolution, though I don't think she's a sister in the black sense, but she was cool.

Also, isn't February the month for that J. Cole x Kendrick mixtape? I remember Kendrick's little sister mentioning that on IG.

Fight Ids or PSN names please

If BlackGAF is down for a Saturday afternoon Street Fighter 5 fest on the PS4, my scrub self would be down. Wing84 via PSN if anyone is interested.

Sch1sm

Fight Ids or PSN names please

PSN is Upinzani. Think I threw my GAF name in the bio if you get lost. I haven't even booted up the game since I've been out all d a y. ;-;

[Agent]ZeroNine;195557201 said:
Where the sisters at? I remember when this thread originally started we had Devolution, though I don't think she's a sister in the black sense, but she was cool.

Also, isn't February the month for that J. Cole x Kendrick mixtape? I remember Kendrick's little sister mentioning that on IG.

They're somewhere.
����

Pretty sure that mixtape was supposed to drop today, but I see no news anywhere. Punctuality is dead.

E: l o l at the failed spoiler on that emoji. Either way.

If BlackGAF is down for a Saturday afternoon Street Fighter 5 fest on the PS4, my scrub self would be down. Wing84 via PSN if anyone is interested.

We are here. Just small in number and/or lurking.

Walpurgis

Banned
Waiting till the eventual Super.

So, stalker ass snapchat girl. She keeps saying "I miss your face". Feeling like Jessica Jones being forced to take selfies for Purple Man, lol.
Same. I actually just got Super Street Fighter IV on PS4 this past summer so I'll just play that for the next few years and buy Street Fighter V when it comes to PS5. :p

As for that snapchat girl, tell her that you are not interested because she seems to eager. No point in stringing her along. It's bad for both of you.
That was the greatest account suicide that I have ever witnessed.
dead-homies-o.gif

Sch1sm

You guys and your money, owning consoles and shit.

Only SFV I'll be partaking in is watching Youtube.

I technically didn't pay for it. See, what happened was:

> bought the ps4 on a credit card
> paid the bill through my bank online
> credit union received payment but money never left account for whatever reason

...The money's been sitting in my account since December 28, untouched.

Same. I actually just got Super Street Fighter IV on PS4 this past summer so I'll just play that for the next few years and buy Street Fighter V when it comes to PS5. :p

As for that snapchat girl, tell her that you are not interested because she seems to eager. No point in stringing her along. It's bad for both of you.

dead-homies-o.gif

?

We are here. Just small in number and/or lurking.

Happy to see that. Though I wish yall pop in more.

I technically didn't pay for it. See, what happened was:

> bought the ps4 on a credit card
> paid the bill through my bank online
> credit union received payment but money never left account for whatever reason

...The money's been sitting in my account since December 28, untouched.

You know what? I wasn't charged either! Been looking at my bank account, and wondering what gives. I mean, I ain't calling to fix that shit lol..

lol..

Dai101

Banned
dead-homies-o.gif

[Agent]ZeroNine;195558404 said:
?

Happy to see that. Though I wish yall pop in more.

You know what? I wasn't charged either! Been looking at my bank account, and wondering what gives. I mean, I ain't calling to fix that shit lol..

lol..

[Agent]ZeroNine;195558923 said:
Haha. I think yall forgot that the thread was open for all to see, even non registered lurkers ;)

Hmmm........ is there something you want to hide?

RedSwirl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ica-still-cant-understand-the-black-panthers/

Guess I need to watch that documentary. Wonder if there's a way I can download it to watch offline. I'll be in a car for a while this weekend.

Anyway, reading that article made me wonder why I haven't yet seen comparisons to people's opinions on the Panthers and people's opinions on the Confederates. The latter has this aura around it of "they weren't perfect but they were fighting for their heritage and way of life" or something like that. Is the ability to be seen in shades of grey a part of white privilege too?

Walpurgis

Banned
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ica-still-cant-understand-the-black-panthers/

Guess I need to watch that documentary. Wonder if there's a way I can download it to watch offline. I'll be in a car for a while this weekend.

Anyway, reading that article made me wonder why I haven't yet seen comparisons to people's opinions on the Panthers and people's opinions on the Confederates. The latter has this aura around it of "they weren't perfect but they were fighting for their heritage and way of life" or something like that. Is the ability to be seen in shades of grey a part of white privilege too?

It's not just America. I'm Canadian and I thought that the Black Panthers were the black version of the KKK until a thread here a month or two ago. My older sister might have mentioned that to me when I was a kid. Anyway, when I was in high school, we had a cardboard boat building contest. I heard someone in another group suggest naming their boat some varient on the generic and overused KKK so I tried to name my group's boat "Black Panthers" to spice things up. One of my group members who was white got really combative and was deeply offended.

It's just a thing that most people take as fact even if it's untrue.

Done. She might have been autistic. Didn't get sarcasm.

Top Bottom