• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

tumblr_o298q6aIS41qasnrqo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o298q6aIS41qasnrqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o298q6aIS41qasnrqo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o298q6aIS41qasnrqo4_540.jpg
Apropos of nothing.

Malyse

Gravity Falls really nailed their ending

And it's really awesome that they got Kyle MacLachlan in there, since the show is heavily Twin Peaks inspired.

And I think that's why I find the genre so antiquated, because to me perfect is boring. The enemy of progress. Other genres push forward, even stuff that have it's traditionalists like FPS' and RPGs.

But it seems like fighting games is the only one that thinks it doesn't have to do anything new. Rather see games fail taking risks than be borderline monopolized for one style of gaming (competitive/tourney play in this case).

More importantly, I think there's room for both competitive fighting games and adventure/single player fighting games.

Well you do realize that these kinda games have come out since the "revival" of FGs and have already failed already right? It's really no one's fault at this point. Business and popularity hasn't leaned that way so its not gonna happen. Yeah I would love a Power Stone 3. Namco tried their hands at it and failed fairly recently like last year I think. That's alot of wasted money there and companies like capcom sure as hell can't do anything risky like that. Yeah there's room for it....its just that no one wants to go in it.

Breh does anyone here not play Ryu?

I'm just gonna leave it right there, wasn't my intention to open a can of worms.

My roommate bought a PS4, knowing damn well the place we live in doesn't have internet. So while he's at work, I'm at the library downloading the latest system update to my USB.

Luckily the only game he owns is 2k16 which doesn't have a massive patch you have to download before playing. But I fear the day he does purchase a game without advising with me and come to find out it has like a 20GB patch... he is gonna be so pissed.

Slayven

I'm just gonna leave it right there, wasn't my intention to open a can of worms.

My roommate bought a PS4, knowing damn well the place we live in doesn't have internet. So while he's at work, I'm at the library downloading the latest system update to my USB.

Luckily the only game he owns is 2k16 which doesn't have a massive patch you have to download before playing. But I fear the day he does purchase a game without advising with me and come to find out it has like a 20GB patch... he is gonna be so pissed.

I had to do that for a friend. it was for some wrestling game on the OG Xbox, the game was unplayble without the patch.

Malyse

Implications for our favorite shows?

https://twitter.com/JamesHibberd/status/700036066586333184

Confirmed: ABC's top programming boss is stepping down, Channing Dungey replaces, story to come.

Channing Dungey:

Channing Dungey was named president, ABC Entertainment, in February 2016. Reporting to Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group, Ms. Dungey is responsible all development, programming, marketing and scheduling operations for ABC Entertainment.

Ms. Dungey most recently served as executive vice president, Drama Development, Movies & Miniseries, ABC Entertainment Group, overseeing the development and production of all drama pilots, movies & miniseries and the launch of new series for ABC Entertainment. Serving in that role since 2013, she has developed and launched dozens of series including “Scandal,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “How to Get Away with Murder,” “American Crime,” “Once Upon a Time,” “Secrets and Lies” and “Nashville.” Prior, she was senior vice president, Drama Development, ABC Entertainment Group, since June 2009.

yqo9kzM.jpg

EDIT: https://deadline.com/2016/02/abc-sh...nt-channing-dungey-to-succeed-him-1201704333/

This is exciting.

Top Bottom