• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Slayven

CbhKENmUsAAWMMe.jpg

Hooooooold up. Why are biofilms getting tossed under the bus? There are fantastic stories about black folk that aren't being told and biofilms are by far the best way to disseminate that information.

Because they all follow the same damn formula. Early life was a struggle. Somehow stumbles into fame or fortune, then inner turmoil and drama and by the end of the movie they are either dead or alive but they get a small tribute to their successes. Only reason I liked Straight Outta Compton because of its cultural and contemporary relevancy but it still had the same plot beats.

Like what are the last few Biofllcks....Race? Get on Up? 42? SOC?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I saw Ann Curry on twitter having a discussion about journalism and will it EVER get to some point of decency again. She said it would, once people get desensitized to clickbait and headlines not matching the story. I guess I would trust her, but at a time where even legit news sources are now using clickbait strategies, I have my doubts.

Kreed

Oh, shit..thanks for that. I respect dude plenty. I know folks be going bananas during election season..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ZTMAeuO-8

Full context video. He says he's quoting someone also. I don't have a problem with him saying it since I know what he's trying to get at, but even in context it still wasn't a smart thing to say at a campaign rally.

My main problem with the tweet though is the "#SJW" part. Anyone who uses this phrase in a non joking/sarcastic fashion is automatically moved to the little kids table.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Feedback please

http://imgur.com/a/wHVIG

Oh and feel free to use them if you want.

Really nice. Solid character designs.

If I had to criticize, not a fan of the single green stocking on the sword wielder, but I'm not really into asymmetry for asymmetry's sake. The other characters have it some, too, but not nearly to that degree. I'd just give her the other stocking.

Could just be a personal taste thing.

Not sure about Windi and the underboob, though. On the fence about it.

Overall, though, I like. Very cool.

harSon

Banned
That's not what he said. They took that exact part of his speech and used it to make an out of context headline.

During a stump speech, he said Jane Elliot had told them those words. But why the fuck would you work someone's ignorant ass comments into your stump speech unless you were co-signing it (or belittleing it, which he wasn't)?

Malyse

Really nice. Solid character designs.

If I had to criticize, not a fan of the single green sock on the sword wielder, but I'm not really into asymmetry for asymmetry's sake. The other characters have it some, too, but not nearly to that degree. I'd just give her the other stocking.

Could just be a personal taste thing.

Not sure about Windi and the underboob, though. On the fence about it.

Overall, though, I like. Very cool.

I'm super into asymmetry. Eveything was designed based on the concept of "What if instead of belts and zippers, Tetsuya Nomura was really into leather, neon, and lace?"

Incidentally, Windi is the oldest of those characters.

-----

If you were every considering the Saint's Row franchise, now is the time to hop in.
http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/506/saints-row-offers

D i Z

That's not what he said. They took that exact part of his speech and used it to make an out of context headline.

Presidential campaigns ya'll. Damn near everything is taken out of context in large and small media. Everyone needs to be easy with the hair trigger responses and source shit first.

Malyse

Presidential campaigns ya'll. Damn near everything is taken out of context in large and small media. Everyone needs to be easy with the hair trigger responses and source shit first.

Except with Trump. Any dumbass thing you thought he said, he actually said just that.

Yeah but he cosigned the unironic "SJW" usage by retweeting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ZTMAeuO-8

Full context video. He says he's quoting someone also. I don't have a problem with him saying it since I know what he's trying to get at, but even in context it still wasn't a smart thing to say at a campaign rally.

My main problem with the tweet though is the "#SJW" part. Anyone who uses this phrase in a non joking/sarcastic fashion is automatically moved to the little kids table.

Since I am not as hip as my old brother Slayven, I don't know much about reTweet stuff. Now that it's been pointed out, plus the equivalent of "this black person I spoke to said __________," I'm now more disappointed than before..

During a stump speech, he said Jane Elliot had told them those words. But why the fuck would you work someone's ignorant ass comments into your stump speech unless you were co-signing it (or belittleing it, which he wasn't)?

Better said than I did..

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm super into asymmetry. Eveything was designed based on the concept of "What if instead of belts and zippers, Tetsuya Nomura was really into leather, neon, and lace?"
Yeah, I can see that.

Incidentally, Windi is the oldest of those characters.
my criticism was design related, not age related

i'm just not sure if it works

Top Bottom