• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

You don't understand when cats say that they're specifically referring to the vs mode option where get to play against the game AI like in Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV?

I think when referencing arcade mode which also has cpu opponents would mean people the distinction between the two.

I don't think you can you can't do that in T6 or SFIV. It was just Arcade, Time Attack(Tekken), and Survival(Tekken).

Now if they mean a straight up Arcade mode, fine I get that, but Vs. Cpu is tossed around so haphazardly that it either means Single Player modes or a literal vs. Cpu mode that Soul Calibur IV and V had.

andthebeatgoeson

Hypothetical protestors lives matter?

Lion, what did you do? If it was that terrible, ignore people that say keep it moving. Time to practice apologizing. If they act like a child, then you can dismiss them. We all fuck up. But when we do, it takes, the... heart.... of.... a..... Lion.... RAWR!!!! to admit a mistake.

So let me say this in a way you'll understand: RAWR rawr meow RAWR meow

And whatever you do, don't listen to this song:https://youtu.be/btPJPFnesV4

It's fuckin bullshit propaganda.

i'm so angry right now.

i live in south carolina. you know, donald trump south carolina. so naturally, some people on my fb feed post some ignorant ass shit. i usually think it's funny and shrug it off. i really don't like getting into online debates about politics.

but tonight i came across this gem.

can't even believe i associated (note the past tense) with people who think this way. i'm going to sleep.
Black people served in the US military with loyalty and distinction in every major American combat campaign, while being denied their full rights as citizens.
That's their damn "thank you". White Americans should appreciate how loyal and patriotic black folk been to America through all the racist bullshit because it could have gone another way.

Infinite

Black people served in the US military with loyalty and distinction in every major American combat campaign, while being denied their full rights as citizens.
That's their damn "thank you". White Americans should appreciate how loyal and patriotic black folk been to America through all the racist bullshit because it could have gone another way.
America never apologized for slavery right?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Been on a real first date, first actual date since being divorced. I was on other "dates" that really were fronts to see what these ladies are about, but this was an actual date. I can't understate that tonight I think I saw what happens when you actually pay attention to the qualities you like and shoot for those in a partner.

I'mma keep her. Dead ass serious off one date and a few weeks of knowing her. I'mma keep her.

nice.

Good morning bct. Get money, spread love.

Malyse

America never apologized for slavery right?

Not in any financial way.

Actually they've never apologized full stop. Nothing at all.

I think there was some sort of deceleration from Congress a few years ago apologizing.
EDIT:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/18/AR2009061803877.html

http://www.theroot.com/articles/his..._the_united_states_apologize_for_slavery.html

Mine's from 2014.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Been on a real first date, first actual date since being divorced. I was on other "dates" that really were fronts to see what these ladies are about, but this was an actual date. I can't understate that tonight I think I saw what happens when you actually pay attention to the qualities you like and shoot for those in a partner.

I'mma keep her. Dead ass serious off one date and a few weeks of knowing her. I'mma keep her.

Sounds good so far. Just don't fall in love with the idea of the being in love with her. Continue to get to know her and spend time around her. That is the only real way a relationship solidifies. I am talking from experience, not out of my butt. I have been loving the idea of being with someone, than I take a good long look at the actual person and realize reality is much different than what is going on in my head.

Malyse

yoruichi_cosplay___prowl_by_the_mirror_melts-d4ggfep.jpg

Kreed

Five years ago this week, just months after President Barack Obama took office, the Senate unanimously passed a resolution apologizing for slavery. The Senate acknowledged “the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality and inhumanity of slavery” and apologized “to African Americans, on behalf of the people of the United States, for the wrongs committed against them and their ancestors who suffered under slavery.”

The House of Representatives had passed a similar measure the previous year. But Congress could not resolve the two apologies because of differing views on how the resolution would be used in any discussion of reparations. The Senate version was insistent that an apology would not endorse any future claims. The House could not agree. Significantly, the office of the president of the United States has never issued an apology.

In other words, the United States has never given an unconditional apology for slavery. For a nation that can’t even agree on an apology, the recent conversation around reparations could be seen as little more than an exercise in oratory.

Kind of splitting hairs here.

Anyone here familiar with any good black charities? I receive "credits" pseudo-quarterly which can be used to buy random stuff / trips / gift cards / etc, but I can also donate it to a charity of my choice. Next quarter I'll have enough to donate $50, but I really have no idea where to start.

So many appalled and insulted souls, who you just KNOW were on their way to Nashville to show support, only to be turned away by a bunch of black racist. Hurting the movement..hurting the movement..

jmood88

So many appalled and insulted souls, who you just KNOW were on their way to Nashville to show support, only to be turned away by a bunch of black racist. Hurting the movement..hurting the movement..
They're making it hard to support equality. I used to be against the police killing blacks but now I'm not so sure.

Top Bottom