• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

That was good. Is the whole episode good? I tried to give blackish a chance, but a particular episode I saw didn't do shit for me.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this was the best episode of the series. I skipped the show the first season. Got into it recently, and I'm up to date. The previous 2 episodes we're probably the weakest for me, but this one was fantastic. Was more drama than comedy..I hope they make it a habit.

Dereck

Megalyn Echikunwoke doe!

beSFiXF.png

Walking by a red box at Wal-Mart and I hear this kid who's probably 6 yrs old and he said "mom, mom let's rent fantastic four" I wanted to call Child Protective Services on her

Crocodile

Man, Lawrence O'Donnell is giving a pretty good speech/spiel on why the Oscars are so white. Basically saying that Oscar voters tend not to even give Black films the time of day to actually see them because its hard to relate to them or they look less appealing that other films inherently. Not inherent racism but rather biases that have bad implications down the road.

Man, Lawrence O'Donnell is giving a pretty good speech/spiel on why the Oscars are so white. Basically saying that Oscar voters tend not to even give Black films the time of day to actually see them because its hard to relate to them or they look less appealing that other films inherently. Not inherent racism but rather biases that have bad implications down the road.

they sure have a slave fetish though

So Hillary fucked up an encounter with BLM and Sanders fans are circling the water.

Aka now they care about BLM lol.

A step up from when BLM interrupted Sanders and all Sanders folks could do was attack BLM and say how dare they, whine about Clinton and claim that by interrupting Sanders BLM just makes themselves look bad and that they're making themselves irrelevant. Some nice drops of Sandrs is fighting for a cause much bigger than BLM too. Fascinating difference in tone.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So Hillary fucked up an encounter with BLM and Sanders fans are circling the water.

A step up from when BLM interrupted Sanders and all Sanders folks could do was attack BLM and say how dare they, whine about Clinton and claim that by interrupting Sanders BLM just makes themselves look bad and that they're making themselves irrelevant. Some nice drops of Sandrs is fighting for a cause much bigger than BLM too. Fascinating difference in tone.
She should have been better prepared for that. It was embarrassing.

Imm0rt4l

Good...
Hold Hillary's feet to the fire. Anybody can get this work. We're an important voting block, and Clintons hand in mass incarceration/military industrial complex shouldn't be overlooked.

wasn't she just Woke like 2 days ago? thought she was all Super Sayian but maybe it was just Kaio-ken x10

Infinite

wasn't she just Woke like 2 days ago? thought she was all Super Sayian but maybe it was just Kaio-ken x10
They only thing I think she could have done to properly diffuse this situation was actually apologize right there for the statement she made in the past and promise to do better on that front when she is elected.

Why do people feel young justice dropped in quality from season one to season two? I thought season two was great.

People generally don't like it when things get dark. Also the Blue Beetle focus fell kind of flat, but it was important for the set up.

Season 1, pretty much every ep was enjoyable on top of building up.

Imm0rt4l

More like Mr. Satan frontin that he defeated Cell.

Pandering, something that no candidate is above. But Hillary is transparent af in this regard. See Hillary pandering to teh gays™ Yaas Hillary,#Hispandering, and blackfolks. #WhichHillary indeed. But I guess I'ma still vote for her..

So Chadwick said " The money cleared, fuck it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGoBenmpJgs

Let the brother ham it up. He already said that the only reason he wanted to be in the film was to make sure it wasn't allll white.

Besides, "I outnumber you" might be the phrase of 2016.

Anthony Anderson getting that work in!

Man, I remember when Obama gave his speech in that huge stadium in Denver, out in the open, and being so afraid of a sniper taking him out at that podium. And to be honest, every time there is a story about the Secret Service fucking up, I realize just how lucky we've been.

Why do people feel young justice dropped in quality from season one to season two? I thought season two was great.

Too many characters + lack of focus was the main issue for me. The cast grew so bloated that it was hard to connect with any of the new characters, and most of the original team felt like they had been relegated to cameos in their own show in order to make room for the newbies. The series was at its best when it put its characters in the foreground and let the overarching plot build up little by little throughout their adventures. S2 took the opposite approach, which simultaneously shined a light on the weaker parts of the plot and put the strongest aspect of the show, the characterization, on the the backburner.

There were a lot of really great moments throughout the story; they just didn't coalesce into a satisfying whole imo.

(but the action scenes were still fuckin lit)

jmood88

Loretta Lynch has the most soothing voice ever. I want her to read the codex in the next Mass Effect and narrate some nature documentaries.

JLynn

Infinite

So does half of Europe. I heard she's practically royalty there.

AMEN. I'm still pissed at Tyrese. Women can be bundled up like Kenny from South Park and still get negatively propositioned by thirsty dudes.
Tyrese isn't exactly bright though so I never had this expectation to be let down by him. The only thing he's good for is singing and being a baby oil model or whatever

Top Bottom