• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Is just to bash minorities in a thinly veiled way. Sometimes not that thinly veiled. Threads like that always turn to that end.

Shit don't surprise me. I didn't notice it, but if I did I'd stay out. I'm currently on food stamps and just got a notice that I could lose them. I heard in my state they plan on stopping them if you're not working at least 20hrs a week.

Hello folks how are you

I discovered that a band I like but rarely releases albums, released a 3rd album last year, and its so bumpin and fire, that if I would have heard it. It would have been album of the year contender.

Got me like

NIRycbs.gif

Like that is a fantastic suprise, just an album of the year tier album you discovered on accident. and what's even better the band is using what was.. the genre less in the sense of it as whole, but more as an accent to other genre's way more than before , and it is way better used in that fasion

Also upon visitation from the annual birthday skeleton I have been informed, it is infarct my birthday. Racism, and Bad sonic games haven't killed me yet.
Happy born day Village, what band was it?

Walpurgis

Banned
So, what's the consensus on the Division, you lovelies getting it. ?

Disappointed in the downgrade but played a few hours of the beta and it is really, really solid. I love the clutter in the city too. I'm one of those people who sold Destiny a few days after launch so the presence of a story was very refreshing. I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and factions to make me feel connected to the world. From what I have played in the intro, that bodes well.

I prefer 3rd person games to 1st person so that's a bonus for me. The cover-based gameplay is pretty fun too. The dark zone is very exciting. I encountered a party of 4 and heard them chatting on their mics. I went from cover to cover so that they were standing in a circle 2 metres in front of me. I tossed a grenade at them and someone else who was watching them popped out and started shooting at them too. It was chaos.

Since it is an MMO, there can be all sorts of problems (no updates, imbalanace, no end game, etc.) so I would wait a month at minimum, if I were you.

Since I am poor, I won't buy it until it is ~$20.

Dai101

Banned
Also upon visitation from the annual birthday skeleton I have been informed, it is infarct my birthday. Racism, and Bad sonic games haven't killed me yet.

Happy birthday, ese! Yeah. That's fucked up but here we are anyway!!

Shit don't surprise me. I didn't notice it, but if I did I'd stay out. I'm currently on food stamps and just got a notice that I could lose them. I heard in my state they plan on stopping them if you're not working at least 20hrs a week.

Fuck. That's fucked up. Hope there's a way to keep that benefit. It really is a fuked situation but hope you the best out of it.

Is just to bash minorities in a thinly veiled way. Sometimes not that thinly veiled. Threads like that always turn to that end.
Man..Jeff and the Buddhist should be a sitcom.
Sure, i'll do my best to come over. I mean that sincerely.
Sweet!
Geezuz..good luck to you.

D i Z

Disappointed in the downgrade but played a few hours of the beta and it is really, really solid. I love the clutter in the city too. I'm one of those people who sold Destiny a few days after launch so the presence of a story was very refreshing. I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and factions to make me feel connected to the world. From what I have played in the intro, that bodes well.

I prefer 3rd person games to 1st person so that's a bonus for me. The cover-based gameplay is pretty fun too. The dark zone is very exciting. I encountered a party of 4 and heard them chatting on their mics. I went from cover to cover so that they were standing in a circle 2 metres in front of me. I tossed a grenade at them and someone else who was watching them popped out and started shooting at them too. It was chaos.

Since it is an MMO, there can be all sorts of problems (no updates, imbalanace, no end game, etc.) so I would wait a month at minimum, if I were you.

Since I am poor, I won't buy it until it is ~$20.

I wouldn't call it a downgrade. That term really has no meaning. Have you seen it running on PC? Expectations met.
We really can't blame the games that are pushing the envelope but fall short simply because the consoles aren't built to keep up and aren't future proofed.
System pricing expectations for the common denominator user is the real culprit.

Happy birthday, ese! Yeah. That's fucked up but here we are anyway!!

Fuck. That's fucked up. Hope there's a way to keep that benefit. It really is a fuked situation but hope you the best out of it.

Geezuz..good luck to you.

I'm going to try and see if I can keep them. I finally was able to get my old job back at Fedex and I start orientation on Monday. Hours at Fedex are flimsy because you can come into work one day and the boss will say they have enough people you can go home or they might send you home in an hour. I'll put it down and see what happens.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm going to fix that for you. Read the NYT article first because I can't stand that lady arguing for that cop. That reporter does a much better job of framing the thoughts in his head. You bring out 10k people to support that cop and it will always seen as fuck shit. And I mean fuck shit, not in a homophobic way but actual fuck shit.

(As an aside, I called some national figure a fuck boy and a guy on gaf asked if it was homophobic. I wanted to ask him to translate motherfucker for me but I just left it alone.)

Page 344? OT14 coming?

Hi there peoples! I enter this thread for the first time to ask a genuine question I hope not to offend anyone here as I admit I'm a bit ignorant/not as aware to black culture/communities within the US aside from the many news headlines posted in the OT section of GAF.

Before I ask the question, some background on myself. I am asian and may be considered part of the "model minority" though I'm half-filipino and inherited the tan complexion. Not sure if that's relevant, but I admit due to my asian ancestry that I've lived a privileged middle-class life so far; that's not say I haven't experienced my fair share of racism (both direct and indirect) onto my person, but I'm not here to wave the flag of which minority suffered/suffers more in the US.

Anyways my question is, how come a good portion of black communities (according the US 2010 census, the majority) still live within the Southern states of the US? I genuinely find this curious as the South is where a good portion of racism (and the vast majority of racism) started and still exists in; why live in an area that seeks to put you down on a daily basis for many generations?

For instance, many asians and hispanics are located and live in (South) California (me included), and yeah racism still exists here but from general anecdotal experience it's few and far in between (I personally hear about racism on hispanics, I never seen it for myself so I may be wrong here); the prejudicial climate here is amiable and I'm sure if it ever went out of hand beyond a certain point then I can easily believe said asian communities will find somewhere else to live.

I'd like to think myself not willfully ignorant though so I've thought up some answers to my question beforehand, but I come in this thread to confirm my answers correct or not.

One answer is that its simply financially hard to borderline impossible. Which I can understand as the job market nationwide is not particularly kind to black people. This answer, however, feels a bit too simple.

Another answer is cultural/ancestral ties to the Southern states. This one is more believable, but I then have to ask, why? Black ancestry within the South (and the US in general) is filled with many grievances; wouldn't said grievances outweigh the total sum of positive/amiable culture built up within the South?

Again, I apologize if my question/post here comes off as offensive but I assure you all that is not my intent. I'm genuinely curious and would very much like to know the answer to which I believe the black community itself would be best to provide.

Malyse

Page 344? OT14 coming?

Hi there peoples! I enter this thread for the first time to ask a genuine question I hope not to offend anyone here as I admit I'm a bit ignorant/not as aware to black culture/communities within the US aside from the many news headlines posted in the OT section of GAF.

Before I ask the question, some background on myself. I am asian and may be considered part of the "model minority" though I'm half-filipino and inherited the tan complexion. Not sure if that's relevant, but I admit due to my asian ancestry that I've lived a privileged middle-class life so far; that's not say I haven't experienced my fair share of racism (both direct and indirect) onto my person, but I'm not here to wave the flag of which minority suffered/suffers more in the US.

Anyways my question is, how come a good portion of black communities (according the US 2010 census, the majority) still live within the Southern states of the US? I genuinely find this curious as the South is where a good portion of racism (and the vast majority of racism) started and still exists in; why live in an area that seeks to put you down on a daily basis for many generations?

For instance, many asians and hispanics are located and live in (South) California (me included), and yeah racism still exists here but from general anecdotal experience it's few and far in between (I personally hear about racism on hispanics, I never seen it for myself so I may be wrong here); the prejudicial climate here is amiable and I'm sure if it ever went out of hand beyond a certain point then I can easily believe said asian communities will find somewhere else to live.

I'd like to think myself not willfully ignorant though so I've thought up some answers to my question beforehand, but I come in this thread to confirm my answers correct or not.

One answer is that its simply financially hard to borderline impossible. Which I can understand as the job market nationwide is not particularly kind to black people. This answer, however, feels a bit too simple.

Another answer is cultural/ancestral ties to the Southern states. This one is more believable, but I then have to ask, why? Black ancestry within the South (and the US in general) is filled with many grievances; wouldn't said grievances outweigh the total sum of positive/amiable culture built up within the South?

Again, I apologize if my question/post here comes off as offensive but I assure you all that is not my intent. I'm genuinely curious and would very much like to know the answer to which I believe the black community itself would be best to provide.

I mean. If you're family is there, why move? Plus it's not like the impoverished black community could really afford to go traipsing across the country. Also, the north has racist parts too like Baltimore or New York. Oh and speaking from personal experience, it's really not fun being one of the only black families around, especially when people have never interacted with a black person before and treat you like some kind of rare animal.
Fucking West Virginians.

T______________T

Also, we have a new poster questionare, so feel free to fill it out:

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
Favorite Disney movie -

-------

ahh yea CP is great

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Um, racism is everywhere. Look at the globe, point to it and be 100% certain racism is there. Hell, asians are given a pass for being quiet. See something and say something and I'm sure you'll get the shit stick.

Two, the last place I was called nigger, out loud, was in China Town, Los Angeles with my Chinese gf. So, yeah. It's ever where. I was called that twice in LA.

I'm in the South now, because of the warmth, first, cheap cost of living second. So you won't get an accurate answer in this thread, anymore than we get a better understanding about Asian people. Stove people are raised here, some choose and slayven is so old, he is everywhere but mostly in Asia.

I was watching Lucy the other day when she was making time pass and I saw slay in every frame. Weird.

Page 344? OT14 coming?

I'd say you pretty much have it. Relocating is expensive and risky, much more now than in the past. Additionally the North wasn't/isn't exactly better or inviting. Some states even forbade black people from entry until the 30s.

Someone who's actually from the south can probably explain better

Malyse

Um, racism is everywhere. Look at the globe, point to it and be 100% certain racism is there. Hell, asians are given a pass for being quiet. See something and say something and I'm sure you'll get the shit stick.

Two, the last place I was called nigger, out loud, was in China Town, Los Angeles with my Chinese gf. So, yeah. It's ever where. I was called that twice in LA.

I'm in the South now, because of the warmth, first, cheap cost of living second. So you won't get an accurate answer in this thread, anymore than we get a better understanding about Asian people. Stove people are raised here, some choose and slayven is so old, he is everywhere but mostly in Asia.

I was watching Lucy the other day when she was making time pass and I saw slay in every frame. Weird.

I have never once been called nigger. But then again, I'm pretty physically imposing and usually got my "don't fuck with me" face on, so that's prolly why.

-----

Disco is better than dubstep

Fight me.

ApharmdX

Banned
Page 344? OT14 coming?

Many of us did leave, in the so-called Great Migration. My grandparents, who were living in Arkansas during some of the worst violence against blacks, fled to Flint, Michigan in the 50's. It's was hard to leave then, though, and it's even harder to leave now. edit: the North has its own racism, too. Perhaps for some Southern blacks the racism you know is more livable than the unfamiliar?

Malyse

Many of us did leave, in the so-called Great Migration. My grandparents, who were living in Arkansas during some of the worst violence against blacks, fled to Flint, Michigan in the 50's. It's was hard to leave then, though, and it's even harder to leave now. edit: the North has its own racism, too. Perhaps for some Southern blacks the racism you know is more livable than the unfamiliar?

Case in point: Flint fucking Michigan. :\

TLLAG deconstructed this and ethers her something fierce

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=982132845211528&substory_index=0&id=100744900016998

Dudes been going in on antiblackness and calling out his peeps for this fuckery.

Well damn. I dare someone to post that in the Peter Liang thread.

Top Bottom