• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

New York state and New York city is racists as fuck in different ways too.

We should take over the moon.

-----

I had a weird ass writing prompt pop in my head the other day. Basically a What If scenario where the South won the Civil War and established a Confederate States of America, only to then be caught completely off guard by a slave uprising and the CSA ended up becoming a seat of power for black people who in turn immigrated back into the african nation.

If anyone wants to use that feel free. I don't have the time ATM.

Walpurgis

Banned
New York state and New York city is racists as fuck in different ways too.
Very much so. I saw a documentary about how the NYPD was spying on Muslim children, counting how often they pray and read Quran, etc. They spent millions on this program and did it for years. There was a university student who had bugs planted in his house too. It was soooo messed up. Like, you thought NSA/watchlists were bad? This was on a whole nother level. Obviously they didn't find shit but damn. Last I heard they were still doing it but that must have been 4 years ago.

As we all know, the NYPD also attacks and murders random black people on the street and have the meet quotas set by the department. They have no regard for the law and their cronies in the state's attorney office or whoever guarantee them a free pass on almost everything.

As someone who is Muslim and black, I will never set foot in that hellhole. It's enemy territory for me.

Malyse

Very much so. I saw a documentary about how the NYPD was spying on Muslim children, counting how often they pray and read Quran, etc. They spent millions on this program and did it for years. There was a university student who had bugs planted in his house too. It was soooo messed up. Like, you thought NSA/watchlists were bad? This was on a whole nother level. Obviously they didn't find shit but damn. Last I heard they were still doing it but that must have been 4 years ago.

As we all know, the NYPD also attacks and murders random black people on the street and have the meet quotas set by the department. They have no regard for the law and their cronies in the state's attorney office or whoever guarantee them a free pass on almost everything.

As someone who is Muslim and black, I will never set foot in that hellhole. It's enemy territory for me.

I was referring mainly to Stop and Frisk, broken windows, ect, but yes. That too

Village

Thanks for birthday acknowledgements peoples.

Case in point: Flint fucking Michigan. :\

Speaking on Michigan, I had read something recently about teacher strikes because the schools are just horrible condition in detriot. Like really really bad.

Infinite

I'm muslim and black myself with a very muslim sounding name to people name and I currently live there :(

Another thing the NYPD did was after 9/11 they played an anti-muslim film for new recruits.

The NYPD under Ray Kelly and Bloomberg was a fucking embarrassment but no one cared cause the city looked better under them.

Johnsonville sausages and Velveeta for dinner. First time in a while I've made a struggle plate.

A nigga stomach is full though so it could be worse
dame2.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
They gentrified the fuck outta NY. My aunt & her family had to move out of Brooklyn because they couldn't afford rent anymore. Even now my mom told me this shit's happening in Harlem of all places.

Walpurgis

Banned
The NYPD is a goddamn mess. You know Liang is the first officer convicted in a decade for a shooting?

I seriously couldn't begin to rank worst departments.

I read about that guy and he sounded horrible so I didn't understand why people were protesting. I understand now.

Shy

I've played both open and closed beta. I'm day one as well.

it's made by Ubisoft so hard pass

Disappointed in the downgrade but played a few hours of the beta and it is really, really solid. I love the clutter in the city too. I'm one of those people who sold Destiny a few days after launch so the presence of a story was very refreshing. I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and factions to make me feel connected to the world. From what I have played in the intro, that bodes well.

I prefer 3rd person games to 1st person so that's a bonus for me. The cover-based gameplay is pretty fun too. The dark zone is very exciting. I encountered a party of 4 and heard them chatting on their mics. I went from cover to cover so that they were standing in a circle 2 metres in front of me. I tossed a grenade at them and someone else who was watching them popped out and started shooting at them too. It was chaos.

Since it is an MMO, there can be all sorts of problems (no updates, imbalanace, no end game, etc.) so I would wait a month at minimum, if I were you.

Since I am poor, I won't buy it until it is ~$20.
Cool. Thanks.
<3

andthebeatgoeson

Thanks for birthday acknowledgements peoples.

Speaking on Michigan, I had read something recently about teacher strikes because the schools are just horrible condition in detriot. Like really really bad.
Hbd.

If you want racism, go to long island, upstate new york, or even brooklyn. it ain't hard to tell.

andthebeatgoeson

WTF, NYC? Do they have a quota to round up 5 black guys and charge with raping a woman? They paraded them for all to see. Pictures, names, ages. Everything. Fuck NYC.

Malyse

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah..
It is a NYC tradition.
For daddy fucking? Come on, old man..you're stretching more than she did for her old man..

Slayven

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah..

For daddy fucking? Come on, old man..you're stretching more than she did for her old man..

no rounding up a bunch black dudes and blaming them.

Top Bottom