• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Dai101

Banned
Wait..y'all actually watching full house? 😐

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

YAS

RedSwirl

I think I finally decided this is a good place to ask: What are some good foreign (non US) news sources to follow? I'm talking about news websites.

My main news feed is mostly made up of the big publications: USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Wired, NPR, WSJ, etc. I actually don't follow Huffington and BuzzFeed. I was afraid of asking elsewhere in OT because I though I would get nothing but heavily left-leaning suggestions, and I'd rather get a feeling for what the "mainstream" non-US media is saying about things.

Mostly I'd be looking for world news in English, mostly from Europe. I might be willing to try German-language too.

I think I finally decided this is a good place to ask: What are some good foreign (non US) news sources to follow? I'm talking about news websites.

My main news feed is mostly made up of the big publications: USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Wired, NPR, WSJ, etc. I actually don't follow Huffington and BuzzFeed. I was afraid of asking elsewhere in OT because I though I would get nothing but heavily left-leaning suggestions, and I'd rather get a feeling for what the "mainstream" non-US media is saying about things.

Mostly I'd be looking for world news in English, mostly from Europe. I might be willing to try German-language too.
Al Jazeera

Malyse

Buzzfeed does legitimately excellent reporting.... when they can be bothered to get tyyeh fuck off of tumblr.

I would try BBC. Generally try to listen to a lot of everything (Google News/Yahoo News are great for this), but avoid CNN and Fox. They are biased as all fuck. MSNBC is getting pretty bad too.
Al Jazeera

I got some bad news for you

Malyse

Well damn.

Just because 14 people were wounded doesn't make this a mass shooting! That's crazy. Only the dead count. It's like...if you only see half a movie do you go around telling people you've seen that movie? Logic!

Also, while we're on the topic...

Blacks don't count either. Because their hip hopping music is all about getting shot. So when you shoot Ray Ray you just give him street cred with his homies. And due to their dense bones they rarely die from small arms fire. Honestly, shooting a black really just improves their lives.

Mexicans are another tricky subject. The main being how can you be sure some guy shot them? They're always dancin' and shooting guns in the air. Maybe one of their bullets came down on them or they mistook a jumping bean for a bullet and it's circled back around and shot them. So they don't count either.

Children, oh man, that's another bag of monkeys. I'm not going to sit here and make light so I'm going to lay out the truth. One kid killed is an accident, two to three kids dead is a tragedy, four or more kids killed is a false flag operation by the government launched by Fuher Obama's never ending plot to take our guns and freedoms away. You know that's happening. You know it.

Crippled people shouldn't count if they're killed, their half dead anyways. I guess if you shoot two of them it could equal one. That seems fair.

Old people shouldn't count for similar reasons to crippled people and sometimes Gam Gam's gotta go so you can get that inheritance. She's just pissing it away on medicine and getting scammed by noodnicks.

The clergy shouldn't count because they'll wind up in heaven. Or they're a child molester and should be shot anyways.

Barista's shouldn't count because there's no reason a barista should get shot. Given the amount of caffeine they drink they should be able to vibrate and let bullets pass through them. Like The Flash. That's just science.

Anyone in a union shouldn't count because America.

Homeless people and or drug addicts shouldn't count because their lives are meaningless.

Jews shouldn't count because...well I think we all know why. They have hooves which means they're not human. If you kill a Jew at most you should get a fine for poaching and not allowed to keep the meat.

Muslims shouldn't count because shooting one of them is just being a patriot who is helping stop ISIS.

Atheists don't count either because they don't believe in god and all mass shooters are probably atheists. Once you turn away from Jesus you just start a'killin'. That's a fact. That's a fact.

Pat Sayjack shouldn't count, he died years ago after filming his ten thousandth episode of Wheel. Now he just shambles along, like the walking dead, haunted by that siren that blares when someone lands on bankrupt. Living every day in his purple and blue neon/pastel nightmare that has become his personal perdition. Kept alive only by the enduring will of Marv Griffith. He who leaves each taping and returns to his crypt where he goes to remind himself who he is doing this for. His one fan. He has a framed picture the wood of which has been worn by years of stroking and tears. No one has the heart to tell him that his one fan, the best fan in the whole world....Ed Grimly is just a Martian Short character. That'd break him. It's shatter him into pieces and I for one don't want to live in a Sayjack free world!

Also Albanians shouldn't count. Their body hair grows into such a thick thatch that it's basically kevlar. If they're getting shot then it's because their vanity lead to their demise.
Asians shouldn't count either, if they can catch bullets out of the air with chop sticks then that's their fault. They've brought dishonor to their family and it's better that they return to the grave to be punished by their ancestors.

Except if we're talking about Indian Asian people, I guess I was racist and I would never dream of being racist. But if you kill an Indian they're going to just get reincarnated so it's a zero loss situation.

Shit, I guess we have Native Americans that are also called Indians. Fuck you Chris Columbus and your shitty navigating techniques. Alright, obviously shooting a Native American doesn't count because I'm pretty sure we still have many cities with laws on the book where if you bring in the scalp of a brave you get a dollar. So really, Native American extermination is an untapped business model.

So I guess what I mean to say is that only when four Christian White men are shot then it's kind of sort of a mass shooting. Unless the shooter was mentally ill then it's totes not a shooting and a failure of a mental health system which has never been, nor will it ever be equipped to do round the clock, on demand screening of the mental state of every citizen in America and will set off alarms when one goes whackado and starts to kill people.

The point is that you never know who you have or what you have until it's gone. So all this quibbling over what's a mass shooting and what isn't is just chaff and misdirection created by an extensive propaganda effort. Whether the victims die or just get injured shouldn't matter. What does matter is that we all keep up this lie and when we see Sayjack on the street...sad and stroking that photo...we say "hey man, do it for Grimly" and give him a spark to go on. Because who else can host Wheel? Steve Harvey?

Yes.

Yes he could.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCoo...fficial_number_seems_to_be_3_dead_not/d0ezqn7

RedSwirl

Buzzfeed does legitimately excellent reporting.... when they can be bothered to get tyyeh fuck off of tumblr.

I would try BBC. Generally try to listen to a lot of everything (Google News/Yahoo News are great for this), but avoid CNN and Fox. They are biased as all fuck. MSNBC is getting pretty bad too.

I got some bad news for you

Nothing from... I don't know, France, Germany, Denmark, an Asian country maybe?

I came across the most painful cover of Rihanna's Work scrolling through tumblr. Like I'm offended.

Hmm. Sounds like:

That cover didn't work work work work work work...

:)

I have learned today that this song is a freaking earworm. Also, some white people think that if they don't understand the words to the song, Rihanna must be speaking gibberish (as opposed to Rihanna speaking patois).

Dai101

Banned
Hmm. Sounds like:

I have learned today that this song is a freaking earworm. Also, some white people think that if they don't understand the words to the song, Rihanna must be speaking gibberish (as opposed to Rihanna speaking patois).

Well, as you must know by now, white people know that english is the only language and or dialect spoken in the earth.

Shy

Hmm. Sounds like:

The song has been stuck in my head for a good week now but hearing someone who probably just recently learned what patois is sing the words haffi or me nuh cyar like Pat Boone covering Tutti Frutti is painful

Malyse

Fuck that movie.

On sunday, i got into a conversation with two people in a twitch chat about casting white people. which i lost. :_:

Really depressed me, wish i was better at debating. *sigh*

I don't. *begins to cry*
Unnecessary. Deadpool already fucked it. Lionsgate starts with a L.

I can't help but hope that the focus on language/the globe in the Pokemon Direct means Gamefreak plans to go all in the the multiculturalism in this game. More black trainers, Hispanic trainers. Hell, a gym leader in a hijab? NOA will probably break the record of most Bill Maher fans to tweet at one account.

Top Bottom