• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

zeemumu

I have a question about Jessica Jones. She doesn't hide her powers and meta-humans are known to exist in that world because it's technically the MCU right? Why do people find it so hard to believe that Purple Man is real? Alternatively she could probably talk to the Avengers. A display of her powers near the not-so-secret HQ would probably be enough to earn an audience.

LionPride

Banned
I have a question about Jessica Jones. She doesn't hide her powers and meta-humans are known to exist in that world because it's technically the MCU right? Why do people find it so hard to believe that Purple Man is real? Alternatively she could probably talk to the Avengers. A display of her powers near the not-so-secret HQ would probably be enough to earn an audience.

I saw it as an allegory for rape and how sometimes people don't believe the victim, you have this man who can control you by telling you to do something and then when people come out and talk about it the public doesn't believe them and believe that they are just saying something just to say it.

Because unless he uses his powers on someone, the person talking about him just sounds like they're trying to pin the blame for their crime on someone else.

Malyse

Don't think the avengers are that accessible. Remember, there are inhumans all over the place as of AoS.
What are you doing?

Seeing what happens. She retweeted it, so that's two at mentions.

#AgentProvocateur.

zeemumu

Also there's a lot of subplots

Luke Cage and the married woman, the head of the law firm cheating on her wife, whatever Trish is doing, the incest twins.

Do any of these go anywhere or are they just world building?

So I tweeted the girl Justin Bieber was looking for. Tagged him too. She has 150 followers, so let's see what happens.

Are you ruining lives again, Malyse?

Malyse

Luke Cage and the married woman, the head of the law firm cheating on her wife, whatever Trish is doing, the incest twins.

Bit of both. Finish it. That show goes places.

I'm certain I don't know what you're talking about.

d1d5fe86a719e4bb4e8cc5353190cfe1.jpg

Are you not watching the show?

zeemumu

Are you not watching the show?

I am, but I'm only 2 episodes in so a lot of the subplots seem superfluous.

I'm the EA Games of watching shows. I will challenge everything.

Hellcat sounds shitty. I mean the character, not the live action adaptation.

That Hulk reference though.

D i Z

I am, but I'm only 2 episodes in so a lot of the subplots seem superfluous.

I'm the EA Games of watching shows. I will challenge everything.

Hellcat sounds shitty. I mean the character, not the live action adaptation.

That Hulk reference though.

Spent too much time reading threads about the show before watching it maybe?

Malyse

It's weird to me that the Star Wars Battlefront game is absolutely not canon, but the Battlefront tie in novel is totally canon.

D i Z

What thread?

Ah, never mind. I'm not going to point them out to you. I made the mistake of reading along with a couple of threads here while I was watching. Even having a dedicated spoiler thread didn't prevent people from leaking interesting tidbits through speculation in the other ones. I eventually quit reading them, but it took its toll.

Jessica Jones and Daredevil definitely started to drag, but Kilgrave alone is worth watching Jessica jones.

I think the biggest problem with the Netflix format is that there is absolutely no room for course correction and adjustments. Doing an entire tv season in a movie release format is beginning to show the seams in the length of production. I think that they would have had a tighter season if they had a mid season break to help create more highs and less lows, and give viewers that cliffhanger appeal that is missing.

Malyse

I'm sorry, but I can't buy nine (or is it ten now?) women accusing Deen of rape, basically costing him his career and pretty much everything else and he's not filing any type of antidefamation? What? I'm sorry, but even if this is a "he said, she (and she and she and she and she...) said", not making any moves makes no sense to me.

jmood88

My (Japanese) grandma's sister and husband were involved with the black panthers when they lived in San Francisco during that time. It's a shame to see so many Asians buy into the model minority thing and be so hostile towards black people airing grievances. I've cut off a bunch of former Asian friends who have shown how racist they are over the past couple of years.

zeemumu

My (Japanese) grandma's sister and husband were involved with the black panthers when they lived in San Francisco during that time. It's a shame to see so many Asians buy into the model minority thing and be so hostile towards black people airing grievances. I've cut off a bunch of former Asian friends who have shown how racist they are over the past couple of years.

I hang out in AsianGAF sometimes. This thread and that thread handle racial issues differently.

Slayven

I hang out in AsianGAF sometimes. This thread and that thread handle racial issues differently.

That is why i try reach out to a lot of asians.

Natural outcome of this being countercultural blasian militants? thatsmyfetish.gif

In reality, though, this little historical nugget of information seems like the kind of thing that would break most gaffers. "w-what are my curt and logical asian peoples doing associating themselves with terrorists?"

TheFlow

Banned
I have definitely noticed this.

Top Bottom