• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

D i Z

that sounds like a 300-page thread in the making

For real. That would hit a real nerve for the neck beards and dudes who are hiding weak chins.
You know some of these cats were relieved as fuck when they could fashionably hide their faces, and all they had to do to be convincing was act like a douche. Win win.
One very real reason hipsters won't move along and grow with the times. The fear of exposure!!!!

There was a woman who wrote into a podcast and said that once her boyfriend cut off his beard, she realized that he was unattractive and out of her league and she was considering breaking up with him because of it.

I think that was on The Read. There was also an interracial aspect (woman was black, man was white) and she clearly was full of herself ("I'm a solid 9, he went from an 8 to a 5" or something along those lines). Also she was crazy concerned about having ugly kids with his genes (first person I've ever heard of who didn't automatically assume that interracial babies will be pretty).

IMHO she needed to leave the man because she didn't deserve him and frankly if a lack of beard is preventing you from being with a guy you're a petty person. But I'm being catty.

andthebeatgoeson

I think that was on The Read. There was also an interracial aspect (woman was black, man was white) and she clearly was full of herself ("I'm a solid 9, he went from an 8 to a 5" or something along those lines). Also she was crazy concerned about having ugly kids with his genes (first person I've ever heard of who didn't automatically assume that interracial babies will be pretty).

IMHO she needed to leave the man because she didn't deserve him and frankly if a lack of beard is preventing you from being with a guy you're a petty person. But I'm being catty.

Nah, some people just ain't shit. It's like if a girl loses weight, and loses it in certain places, is that enough for you to dump her. You have to be really shallow but it happens all the time. People can't be honest and just say, 'I was only in it for the sex'. Look, we all do it. I'm only attracted to red heads because I want to see a fire bush. Some are kind of hot but I've really boiled them down to a single trait. I'm sorry but not sorry.

coffee culture is real, you know folks pay top dollar for a coffeebean that is eaten and shitted out by a bird?

I can believe this
scust.png

harSon

Banned
Harson, you have taught me so many things I never knew about the world.

I live for iced coffee. I'll drink that shit in sub zero degree weather.

Cold Brew + Condensed Milk + Martini Shaker on a lot of ice? Dat hipster vietnamese fusion bruhs? So fucking good.

All hot coffee brewing methods tastes the same imo, it just boils down to (heh) the actual balances in liquids. Cold brew is god-tier, though. It's stronger, (generally) cheaper, and won't overpower whatever else is in the drink.

For real. That would hit a real nerve for the neck beards and dudes who are hiding weak chins.
You know some of these cats were relieved as fuck when they could fashionably hide their faces, and all they had to do to be convincing was act like a douche. Win win.
One very real reason hipsters won't move along and grow with the times. The fear of exposure!!!!

As a real piece of shit high-concept quantum hipster myself, I specifically keep my facial hair trimmed but don't let it get into beard-beard territory so people know what they have to work with under it. It's generally worked out for me, but then again more often than not I
intentionally
end up with financially well-off people that are straight-up crazy, so I think it's just a matter of knowing what you want and not being a piece of shit about it. With how certifiably insane I am, it makes sense I'd just end up attracting other crazy.

Pic, for reference:

royalan

Can't live without my french press. I work for a local roaster here in Philly, and once you've had the chance to sample a variety of beans from different regions you DO notice that wie variety of flavor profiles that coffee can have. I'll admit that brewing method is not nearly as complicated as some people make it out to be, though.

Top Bottom