• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

im honestly surprised they closed it that quick, phew
Yep, me too.
Yup.

On a related note: hating on Sleeping Dogs? SRSLY?
WHO, WHO THE FUCK IS SLAGGING OFF SLEEPING DOGS.? >_<
It's weird to me that the Star Wars Battlefront game is absolutely not canon, but the Battlefront tie in novel is totally canon.
Yeah, that's odd, especially as they went out of their way to add the battle of Jakku to the game.

tumblr_nynmqqgHHE1qcpxo4o1_500.png

I hang out in AsianGAF sometimes. This thread and that thread handle racial issues differently.

I feel like a lot of younger Asian-American posters came up in houses that view black people negatively and while they may realize it it doesn't really bother them. The Tamir Rice thread last year put a lot of people under suspicion for me

jmood88

I feel like a lot of younger Asian-American posters came up in houses that view black people negatively and while they may realize it it doesn't really bother them. The Tamir Rice thread last year put a lot of people under suspicion for me
The trial following Trayvon Martin's killing is when a bunch of the Asian people I knew started showing their asses.

Fallout like most things from European colonialism like most things. The stuff they hated transfers over when they had temporary control

Malyse

Thinking about a thread that just asks why dressing up like a different race is so enjoyable for some people
I can see a million ways that goes, the most common being "relate to/show respect for their culture " and "I wouldn't but it's not a big deal/people should be allowed to" with liberal free speech-es strewn throughout.

EDIT: and none of the ways good.

I can see a million ways that goes, the most common being "relate to/show respect for their culture " and "I wouldn't but it's not a big deal/people should be allowed to" with liberal free speech-es strewn throughout.

EDIT: and none of the ways good.

Yeah, after the thought ended I decided to have breakfast instead lol

Also, sorry for going off a few days back. Wasn't in a good place.

akira28

Tbh, I doubt "in knit cap" even came into the description. I'm not even sure "man" was in the description.

I'm pretty certain all the description ever says is "Black".

be on the lookout for a white male in a winter coat. I repeat a white man, dressed warmly, in the winter.

akira28

My (Japanese) grandma's sister and husband were involved with the black panthers when they lived in San Francisco during that time. It's a shame to see so many Asians buy into the model minority thing and be so hostile towards black people airing grievances. I've cut off a bunch of former Asian friends who have shown how racist they are over the past couple of years.

Friend of mine's grandma was a civil rights activist who worked with the NAACP and started an Asian American group. Her folks were interned during WW2, so she had always been protesting out front with the black folks. But hey, the jews and the blacks used to be a lot closer too. Divide and conquer works in the American race game, well, now it's the global race game.

I'm sorry, but I can't buy nine (or is it ten now?) women accusing Deen of rape, basically costing him his career and pretty much everything else and he's not filing any type of antidefamation? What? I'm sorry, but even if this is a "he said, she (and she and she and she and she...) said", not making any moves makes no sense to me.

Maybe it isn't "He said, she (and she and she and she and she...) said". Maybe it's a "She (and she and she and she and she...) said, He...is looking to find a lawyer who will actually take his case after that Cosby thing."

andthebeatgoeson

http://verysmartbrothas.com/ask-agatha-adult-virgins-and-the-single-worst-zodiac-sign-to-date/

Remarkable with some crazy comments.

"Who do you think takes biggest L's on Television?"

Without a doubt the Evans family of Good Times. No family in the history of TV has had more opportunities to advance blow up in their faces than the Evans family.

James couldn't keep a job to save his life. And he always had amazing job offers that for some reason didn't work out.

Florida may have been the biggest reason the family never did better. She always had a reason why what appeared to be a great opportunity really wasn't

JJ had so many chances with his art but in the end they all fell through.

Thelma - Just when you thought Thelma was going to get the big come up when she married the football player, he hurt his knee and couldn't play anymore. They ended up living in the projects with the Evans family.

Michael had a chance to go to a magnet school but Florida convinced him to stay where he was.

The Evans family never met an opportunity that they took advantage of.

I think I was too you to fully remember. Like, why I need to watch Star Wars. I remember bits and pieces of the show, mostly JJ saying Dinomite. But not like this.

harSon

Banned
My (Japanese) grandma's sister and husband were involved with the black panthers when they lived in San Francisco during that time. It's a shame to see so many Asians buy into the model minority thing and be so hostile towards black people airing grievances. I've cut off a bunch of former Asian friends who have shown how racist they are over the past couple of years.

My Japanese grandparents want nothing to do with my family :D

shagia

Today, I learned a good ass quote that my English teacher put up, a quote from Wilma Rudolph, a black track and field sprinter who was once considered the fastest woman on earth

Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: the potential of greatness lives within each of us

jmood88

My Japanese grandparents want nothing to do with my family :D
My grandma said that her cousins stopped talking to her for awhile and her mom apparently didn't like black people but her siblings were cool with it. None of my relatives have treated me badly, thankfully.

Enzom21

I just realized that we didn't have a blackface Halloween thread this year. People forget quickly without that yearly reminder
We had one, it was the teacher busting out the shoe polish to dress as Kanye thread. Same stupid nonsense like every year. Pictures of the movie White Girls and Tropic Thunder. Posting proof that blackface isn't just exaggerated lips and black paint, which was of course ignored by the diet racists and then a ton of bans. Same thing every year.

guys we need to be taking into account both sides feelings

just y'know i mean the people that say they hate entire races aren't racist, they're just angry, i mean there has to be an understanding that can be camed to, otherwise who are the real racisms here?

Mizerman

just y'know i mean the people that say they hate entire races aren't racist, they're just angry, i mean there has to be an understanding that can be camed to, otherwise who are the real racisms here?

"We should be the ones to educate them on what they're saying. They don't know any better and you shouldn't exclude them. They're being racist, but blah, blah, blah..."

jmood88

shaved off my beard, now GF is salty.
There was a woman who wrote into a podcast and said that once her boyfriend cut off his beard, she realized that he was unattractive and out of her league and she was considering breaking up with him because of it.

You're missing out on chances to build character AND bridges, what are you some sort of un-American??

There was a woman who wrote into a podcast and said that once her boyfriend cut off his beard, she realized that he was unattractive and out of her league and she was considering breaking up with him because of it.

that sounds like a 300-page thread in the making

Top Bottom