• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Would it be fair to say that SC was a

CRASH AND BERN?

06klmaA.gif

I'm too old for this WOT IS M8?

Your original explanation doesn't make the context of the question clear. The whole post strikes as odd to me personally as I have no idea what the hashtag is about, nor why nipples in a video matter, nor why you're asking the opinion of those of us who frequent this thread.

Hence why you're getting, "what?" responses.

Your original explanation doesn't make the context of the question clear. The whole post strikes as odd to me personally as I have no idea what the hashtag is about, nor why nipples in a video matter, nor why you're asking the opinion of those of us who frequent this thread.

Hence why you're getting, "what?" responses.

Since the story is about Black Twitter and this thread is Black Culture GAF so I wanted to highlight the hashtag hoping you guys would take a look at the twitter story
link http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/04/the-truth-about-black-twitter/390120/

I was expecting replies since this thread is often slow to get convo started just wanted to ask the black community why do we alway have our own thing like Black Twitter Black Facebook Black NeoGAF yet I keep hitting a wall when I try to get my community to do something about Sickle Cell Disease

so I posted a reply to the hashtag #Blacktwitter16 asking this question can we use that power to cure a disease?

but in the serious video a pair of breast shows up so not sure what to do I posted the weird post here instead of a topic

I would really love to see the black community come together but the only time we are together is when someone outside of our race hates on us.

Just asking this community for help, I post about Sickle Cell but not a bump from Black Culture GAF

just saying this is really #BlackGAF same thing as #BlackTwitter we come and we post about what is happening to us as a people, the injustices and our victories.

Same community same rant :)

I feel old I am 43

andthebeatgoeson

Dreamy, don't fall for that troll. I'm literally shaking in the corner of you believe that's true.

But Sanders’ team always believed the south would be a uphill struggle compared to more progressive states in the north and west of the country. In South Carolina, Sanders duly struggled to introduce himself to voters who have long known the Clinton name.

“I don’t even know Bernie Sanders. Who is that?” said one voter, T Jackson, after leaving a polling station in Hopkins on Saturday. “Nothing against him. I’ve never even heard of him before now. But we [have] known Hillary forever.”

It was that feeling of familiarity and loyalty that drew Jackson to the polling booth on Saturday morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/27/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-south-carolina-primary

This is where we talk about how politicians are not elected if they are not recognized.

Since the story is about Black Twitter and this thread is Black Culture GAF so I wanted to highlight the hashtag hoping you guys would take a look at the twitter story
link http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/04/the-truth-about-black-twitter/390120/

I was expecting replies since this thread is often slow to get convo started just wanted to ask the black community why do we alway have our own thing like Black Twitter Black Facebook Black NeoGAF yet I keep hitting a wall when I try to get my community to do something about Sickle Cell Disease

so I posted a reply to the hashtag #Blacktwitter16 asking this question can we use that power to cure a disease?

but in the serious video a pair of breast shows up so not sure what to do I posted the weird post here instead of a topic

I would really love to see the black community come together but the only time we are together is when someone outside of our race hates on us.

Just asking this community for help, I post about Sickle Cell but not a bump from Black Culture GAF

just saying this is really #BlackGAF same thing as #BlackTwitter we come and we post about what is happening to us as a people, the injustices and our victories.

I feel old I am 43

Ok. This definitely gives more context. I'm still not quite sure if you're asking for help with getting visibility for your question or if you're asking if you should've censored the video or if you're asking us about why we can't show a more unified position in battle against Sickle Cell.

If the content of the video is academic and informative then I don't think censorship would be necessary for anyone to view it and take it seriously. You could NSFW label it if you wanted to cover your bases though.

If you're looking for help with getting exposure for your tweet, I don't think that's self promotion. Self Promotion is more about things that would net you a gain somehow. Like "vote for my entry in this contest!" or "shop amazon through my referral link!" or even "leave positive reviews on this product that I make because I'm a Gaffer like you!"

If you're asking about why we can't come together for Sickle Cell... I mean this question could potentially be applied to just about any worthwhile cause within any community and throughout all communities really. There's always going to be some people who help a cause and others who don't with a wide variety of reasons on both sides. Hope, personal relevance, apathy, or lack of empathy... It's well beyond me to speculate in how to solve such a complex issue.

Slayven

I feel old I am 43
We got you fam

racism from teams on Amazing Race maybe
there's shot after shot of one team helping the other teams but when the dark skinned guys could have used help they just let them get lose and fall behind and behind

We got you fam

Ok. This definitely gives more context. I'm still not quite sure if you're asking for help with getting visibility for your question or if you're asking if you should've censored the video or if you're asking us about why we can't show a more unified position in battle against Sickle Cell.

If the content of the video is academic and informative then I don't think censorship would be necessary for anyone to view it and take it seriously. You could NSFW label it if you wanted to cover your bases though.

If you're looking for help with getting exposure for your tweet, I don't think that's self promotion. Self Promotion is more about things that would net you a gain somehow. Like "vote for my entry in this contest!" or "shop amazon through my referral link!" or even "leave positive reviews on this product that I make because I'm a Gaffer like you!"

If you're asking about why we can't come together for Sickle Cell... I mean this question could potentially be applied to just about any worthwhile cause within any community and throughout all communities really. There's always going to be some people who help a cause and others who don't with a wide variety of reasons on both sides. Hope, personal relevance, apathy, or lack of empathy... It's well beyond me to speculate in how to solve such a complex issue.

Asking for all of the above.

Yes I do understand how a single question of the lack of interest in one cause can be applied to anything of value that a person wishes to fight for. We all have causes that we can relate to and some causes are against our ability to just live life in peace. Like the KKK has a cause they believe in.

I guess what I am asking the black community is, with so much power why is Sickle Cell still a thing?

I saw a DNA editing tech last year that got me really excited for a cure.

Every other year I see a news report saying Sickle Cell is cured. I am not the only one who suffers from Sickle Cell on the board but I did get a thread closed because I was asking for money and help.

So I PMed Evilore to see if GAF could do something, my goal is self-serving I want a cure for a disease I live with.

DNA editing is a very real Science and I want it badly for Sickle Cell Disease so I am on social media pushing for it

if I post another thread it will be locked because it is self-promotion since I am using a Patreon and pointing people to gofundmes

if you would like to help just because we share the same shade of skin just go to gofundme.com search Sickle Cell donate to the first person asking for help

but my plan is to put money into a fund for CRISPR-cas9 DNA editing for Sickle Cell Disease that is my cause and it is self-promotion if I am the dude asking people

imagine if the guy who is credited for starting #BlackLivesMatter was a GAFFER and he wanted to raise awareness and fund his cause it would still be a TOS issue at some point

I need help with this but I don't own GAF I must follow the rules until Evilore returns from his trip and has a chance to reply

Yes the youtube was serious, I was speaking about awareness and #Blacktwitter16 as I surfed twitter and I missed a tweet of a bare-chested lady in the video

sorry to rant but this stuff is too close to home for me to step back
so outside feedback is really helpful

thanks for that guys really I need the feedback it keeps me balanced since I am so focused on one targeted goal that is totally self-serving when you add it all up

jmood88

Yes I do understand how a single question of the lack of interest in one cause can be applied to anything of value that a person wishes to fight for. We all have causes that we can relate to and some causes are against our ability to just live life in peace. Like the KKK has a cause they believe in.

I guess what I am asking the black community is, with so much power why is Sickle Cell still a thing?

Every other year I see a news report saying Sickle Cell is cured. I am not the only one who suffers from Sickle Cell on the board but I did get a thread closed because I was asking for money and help.

So I PMed Evilore to see if GAF could do something, my goal is self-serving I want a cure for a disease I live with.

DNA editing is a very real Science and I want it badly for Sickle Cell Disease so I am on social media pushing for it

if I post another thread it will be locked because it is self-promotion since I am using a Patreon and pointing people to gofundmes

if you would like to help just because we share the same shade of skin just go to gofundme.com search Sickle Cell donate to the first person asking for help

but my plan is to put money into a fund for CRISPR-cas9 DNA editing for Sickle Cell Disease that is my cause and it is self-promotion if I am the dude asking people

imagine if the guy who is credited for starting #BlackLivesMatter was a GAFFER and he wanted to raise awareness and fund his cause it would still be a TOS issue at some point

I need help with this but I don't own GAF I must follow the rules until Evilore returns from his trip and has a chance to reply

Yes the youtube was serious, I was speaking about awareness and #Blacktwitter16 as I surfed twitter and I missed a tweet of a bare-chested lady in the video

thanks for that guys really I need the feedback it keeps me balanced since I am so focused on one targeted goal that is totally self-serving when you add it all up

I still have no idea what you're talking about but I'm also drunk so that could be part of it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Hey man, sorry to hear you live with that disease. I was originally one of the people that posted on a previous thread of yours before it was locked. I was confused because you were directing to donate to a woman I didn't know and wasn't sure if the treatment mentioned even worked.

Trojita

I've tried to fix Smiles post a little bit to make it easier to understand

Why are we not doing enough to combat Sickle Cell? I'm excited for recent advancements like DNA editing possibilities, but I still feel enough isn't being done to make Sickle Cell a thing of the past.

I made a thread in the past asking for donations, but it was closed because of GAF's policy on soliciting donations. I messaged Evilore asking for an exception, but since he is on a trip right now and unable to reply, I am waiting for him to get back.

I currently have a gofundme donation setup which I can't directly link here but if you search Sickle Cell on gofundme you'll see me at the top. (Dude at least provide your name)

What I don't get is, are you asking for just yourself or others for donations on a cure? Is this cure something that the donations go right into and you'll be going through a procedure?

Is this DNA technique a future advancement you'd like donations to go towards funding research on or an actual procedure you want to get right now but need donations to pay for?

Basically are people donating for a procedure or research. If there is a current cure but it costs money, why ask for people to donate towards DNA Editing?

This hurts my eyes to look at.

-----

Hey, what's the worst post you can remember on GAF?

I think mine is this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142166089&postcount=239

This post is funny because I type it all spaced out so I can see I am totally blind in my right eye due to Sickle Cell Disease

I still have no idea what you're talking about but I'm also drunk so that could be part of it.

drunks are welcomed :)

Hey man, sorry to hear you live with that disease. I was originally one of the people that posted on a previous thread of yours before it was locked. I was confused because you were directing to donate to a woman I didn't know and wasn't sure if the treatment mentioned even worked.

Yeah I donated to her and wanted to reach more people to help her but thread backfired
After I failed to get her help I launched a Patreon and sent a PM to Evilore

Bone Marrow Transplant does work but it is dangerous it can lead to graft-vs-host disease when your body rejects the donor marrow so that is the risk of death

It is not everyday you can have a 90% chance at a cure those are her chances with BMT

anyway I am out I just wanted to drop by Black-GAF again at least once be back in a week or so

I've tried to fix Smiles post a little bit to make it easier to understand

What I don't get is, are you asking for just yourself or others for donations on a cure? Is this cure something that the donations go right into and you'll be going through a procedure?

Is this DNA technique a future advancement you'd like donations to go towards funding research on or an actual procedure you want to get right now but need donations to pay for?

Basically are people donating for a procedure or research. If there is a current cure but it costs money, why ask for people to donate towards DNA Editing?

Art as a platform to fund a cure

Patreon was first posted on the gaming side when Jim Sterling launched one
I am on social media asking Black Celebs with money to become patrons
I always wanted to live as a painter but limited due to living on Social Security Disability

So just like any Patreon you have to be creating something - Jim Sterling is games related topical youtube videos

my pattern is Art 4 Cure + Sickle Cell Awareness

my goal is enough patrons to be able to live as a painter and put money into a fund for DNA research

CRISPR-cas9 is very real but near future tech that must be funded for Sickle Cell for this to happen

so yes like Jim and others had a Patreon thread I sent a PM to ask permission to ask GAF to help me reach those goals

the woman with the BMT is a different thing tho I would love to see her get help

here is the TED talk for CRISPR-cas-9 https://youtu.be/TdBAHexVYzc

Trojita

Art as a platform to fund a cure

Patreon was first posted on the gaming side when Jim Sterling launched one
I am on social media asking Black Celebs with money to become patrons
I always wanted to live as a painter but limited due to living on Social Security Disability

So just like any Patreon you have to be creating something - Jim Sterling is games related topical youtube videos

my pattern is Art 4 Cure + Sickle Cell Awareness

my goal is enough patrons to be able to live as a painter and put money into a fund for DNA research

CRISPR-cas9 is very real but near future tech that must be funded for Sickle Cell for this to happen

so yes like Jim and others had a Patreon thread I sent a PM to ask permission to ask GAF to help me reach those goals

the woman with the BMT is a different thing tho I would love to see her get help

I get what you are trying to do but often times a system specifically for funding something like art will confuse people once medical donations are factored. Also in general people are often times wary to donate to a fund that is owned by the person requesting the donations without a track record.

You might be better served telling people that you are an artist suffering with Sickle Cell Anemia which has left you blind in one eye. You are looking for donations to be able to continue painting. You would like to be able to sell your work in the future to help fund research on Sickle Cell Anemia cures. List maybe one or two reputable charities for Sickle Cell Anemia that you recommend also donating to.

Nakazato

That moment when ya girl shows you a Facebook post of a really good friend in HS wife and they daughter... Only for you to immediately notice that baby is white....

And he's black

Wtf bruh get that DNA test. Leave that bitch.

The second fucking time this has happened to him.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm sorry about the sickle cell, Smiles. Not sure what your main goal is though. Raising sickle cell awareness or more donation for your own struggle with it? Both are righteous causes, just curious what you are focusing on more. I'd say listen to troljita.

This doesn't work.

Trojita

That moment when ya girl shows you a Facebook post of a really good friend in HS wife and they daughter... Only for you to immediately notice that baby is white....

And he's black

Wtf bruh get that DNA test. Leave that bitch.

The second fucking time this has happened to him.

Is the HS wife white? That can happen. Genetics how do they work.

Not saying it isn't possible the baby has a different biological father

Also how old is the baby? A lot of black babies are born at a much lighter skin than what they develop later.

I get what you are trying to do but often times a system specifically for funding something like art will confuse people once medical donations are factored. Also in general people are often times wary to donate to a fund that is owned by the person requesting the donations without a track record.

You might be better served telling people that you are an artist suffering with Sickle Cell Anemia which has left you blind in one eye. You are looking for donations to be able to continue painting. You would like to be able to sell your work in the future to help fund research on Sickle Cell Anemia cures. List maybe one or two reputable charities for Sickle Cell Anemia that you recommend also donating to.

I'm sorry about the sickle cell, Smiles. Not sure what your main goal is though. Raising sickle cell awareness or more donation for your own struggle with it? Both are righteous causes, just curious what you are focusing on more. I'd say listen to troljita.

This doesn't work.

I will post the video I am asking for Art support
https://youtu.be/dQCPsEHWi4I

what I want more? a cure really I would love to be cured it is too late for my eyes but I still see well enough to paint I want to paint and use the rest for a fund for research

it is not really research the tech is done I want to fund the use of it for Sickle Cell

ok going to bed hope the video clears it up

Nakazato

Is the HS wife white? That can happen. Genetics how do they work.

Not saying it isn't possible the baby has a different biological father

Also how old is the baby? A lot of black babies are born at a much lighter skin than what they develop later.

Wife white. I know genetically it is a possibility I have that convo with my wife. But at 5 months you would see some kind of skin darking.

Its just bad man. It seems like the second marriage he had will end up in divorce just like the 1st and the same shit happened.

Oh and she's a trump supporter. At that point I'd show a bitch the door.

Shit my white is white I told her if that baby came out as light as there kid is ID get a DNA.

Hell looking at my new born photo I was white as hell

Top Bottom