• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Jacir

00QGcqq.gif

Noice.

Watching this gif repeatedly is both amazing and annoying.

Good to hear things are smooth, Jacir.

Some good shit happening right there.

Thanks. Im coming on up man and when done I'm heading down (most likely Houston) for the warm weather and start my business because of the state's tax arrangement. Thats part of the plan. I can't wait.

I'm so happy to see this happening. I'm so tired of watching that shit constantly pop up. When did black people get elected to speak for all POC groups?
It's a very "what about us" attitude. Which is funny, because mostly the talk is about ALL people of color when it comes to injustice/unfairness..even if others only hear it one way.

Was that Ming-Na Wen? She deleted all of her tweets due to frustration with where the convo went apparently.

Dude..serious? She did? Damn it..

D i Z

It's a very "what about us" attitude. Which is funny, because mostly the talk is about ALL people of color when it comes to injustice/unfairness..even if others only hear it one way.

Dude..serious? She did? Damn it..

She was involved in the conversation, though there could have been more than one verified Asian lady in the discussion that I might have missed. I arrived too late to see what her beef was, but she exited it gracefully enough to assume that she wasn't raging.
She homegirl from the agents of shield ?

Yup. Agent may.

I wonder if she spoke about all those protests about the Asian cop going to jail. Anyone know what she said tonight? Specifically?

At a glance it doesn't look like she said anything about killer cop on Twitter. She usually keeps it about the shows and fan feedback/love and appearances etc..

I think the majority of the audience was torn between "who?" and "why?" She hasn't acted in around 20 years, right?
We could go that route. We can also recognize the jokes were very personal and clearly true. Hollywood is run by liberals. The people ignoring PoC are liberals. Now, being liberals, Fox News = bad. I know these folks have jobs, but they're still people.

You think they don't see this singing, dancing fool when she talks "no black history month?" You think they don't know of that conservative black woman that sees nothing wrong with no Oscars and seriously, stop this February holiday shit? They know, brother. They've been inundated with questions, remember? All of our fellow posters who think these questions of diversity are unfair? And people are read quotes. Positive or negative. You think they don't know that bottom feeder?

Nah.

Merc_

That's the real kicker, isn't it? Black people have always been very inclusive of other groups with our language even when those groups have been quick to shit on us.

We could go that route. We can also recognize the jokes were very personal and clearly true. Hollywood is run by liberals. The people ignoring PoC are liberals. Now, being liberals, Fox News = bad. I know these folks have jobs, but they're still people.

You think they don't see this singing, dancing fool when she talks "no black history month?" You think they don't know of that conservative black woman that sees nothing wrong with no Oscars and seriously, stop this February holiday shit? They know, brother. They've been inundated with questions, remember? All of our fellow posters who think these questions of diversity are unfair? And people are read quotes. Positive or negative. You think they don't know that bottom feeder?

Nah.

Well yeah, that's covered by the "why?" part, I think. Even in the short clip you can feel the discomfort in the crowd lol. They weren't ready to be confronted by that part of themselves.

Well yeah, that's covered by the "why?" part, I think. Even in the short clip you can feel the discomfort in the crowd lol. They weren't ready to be confronted by that part of themselves.
Somehow, I blanked on your "why" brother. My mistake. No doubt this was way more than they were expecting..

That's the real kicker, isn't it? Black people have always been very inclusive of other groups with our language even when those groups have been quick to shit on us.

Yeah. It certainly is. Too many one hit wonders in here all the sudden..I'm out. Peace, BCT. Sit and spin, others..

Slayven

The thing about it is, when black people speak on their issues, they never frame it as we are the only ones that experience this shit. And when we do it we get labeled "troublemakers", but when we do get a little spotlight folks are always trying to police it. Why didn't you talk about so and so? Thing about it we always leave room on the stage for other folks, just few want to be seen with us.

Yeah, would have been nice if the show ended with "Burn Hollywood Burn", but you take what you can get. Chris Rock did what we hoped he would do, even if he didn't do it how everyone wanted him to do it.

If I were him, I'd get a driver, because those cops are going to be EXTRA watching him in that sports car now.

andthebeatgoeson

The thing about it is, when black people speak on their issues, they never frame it as we are the only ones that experience this shit. And when we do it we get labeled "troublemakers", but when we do get a little spotlight folks are always trying to police it. Why didn't you talk about so and so? Thing about it we always leave room on the stage for other folks, just few want to be seen with us.
Yeah, I've been marinating on that for a good year.

It takes courage to protest but they are 'tired'. The fatigue is just the bitch in you; you lack courage to take a stand and absorb the abuse from people who just want to get along. Every black protest causes a reaction; people want us to sit down. Foh.

Then other minorities want us to stand and absorb their abuse. They lack the willpower and do not need to really protest, from their perspective. Just another dehumanizing process. Get 'The blacks' to do it, what they say.

I missed fuckery last night it seems. I didn't want to watch the oscars and did my own personal boycott. Hope I can see the clips later.
I tried. Then I heard an excitement you rarely hear and I knew Chris brought that fire. I wouldn't be shocked if he never worked that room again. It was so damn uncomfortable and awkward.

Kreed

Just caught up with the Chris Rock jokes online. The only joke I didn't really care for was the lynching/rape joke. Not because it was a joke about black people being lynched/raped but because it sounded kind of like a "Hey, don't black people have better things to be upset about?" joke. Otherwise I thought he had the right amount of funny + making people uncomfortable. Really liked his joke about the separate women and men categories in the opening monologue too.

Infinite

Just caught up with the Chris Rock jokes online. The only joke I didn't really care for was the lynching/rape joke. Not because it was a joke about black people being lynched/raped but because it sounded kind of like a "Hey, don't black people have better things to be upset about?" joke. Otherwise I thought he had the right amount of funny + making people uncomfortable. Really liked his joke about the separate women and men categories in the opening monologue too.
I felt the joke was saying something like "look how far we come to where we can worry about diversity and not getting lynched and rape".

hypernima

Banned
yo i been looking for the thread with the list of things black people cant do without risk of being shot but i cant find it. anyone might know where it is?

Kreed

I felt the joke was saying something like "look how far we come to where we can worry about diversity and not getting lynched and rape".

The problem is he opens the joke with "Because we had real things to protest at the time.".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBadiCVY-tk&feature=youtu.be&t=136

And then the audience gets really excited, like, "Thank you Chris, you tell those black people!".

I mean it's not a big deal since the rest of his jokes/bits were good, but he could have left that joke out.

Top Bottom