• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

"Asia" is often used for shorthand of "East Asia" (China, Korea(s), Japan) unfortunately.

So she's doing the same thing she's arguing about with that one statement. How you gonna call someone out and pull that shit moments later? If Chris must be the ambassador of all people of color, she should use her voice/status to do the same. Please note that I'm not in any way trying to give a pass. It's just that, like I said prior, when we talk about diversity we include everyone. Everyone else talks THEM exclusively.

"We have it harder" is a tired ass line. Damn it..she's gonna ruin SHIELD for me!!!!!!

That's a double standard that many East Asians have with including other parts of Asia into the cultural narrative. Southern Asians have historically been disregarded as even being Asian at all. Probably has a lot to do with the British Empire coming in and lumping people into made up territories and erasing pre-existing ones.

Wasn't aware of that. Quite interesting.

Merc_

I'm going to be honest here, I'm having a extremely hard time caring about Asian folks getting upset over those jokes after that Peter Liang protest from a few days ago. You know, the one where they defended a murderer and flipped off Akai Gurley's aunt while booing her. Anti blackness runs all through these other POC groups and they do fuck all about it while talking about solidarity and inclusion. I'm amazed that black folks are as inclusive as we are considering how often we seem to pay for it and are not shown the same kindness in return.

They can miss me with this bullshit.

akira28

I'm just glad all these people finally found their voices.

I'm particularly interested in all this 'new shit' they have to say.

tell me more about racial inequality and the 'double standards' "the blacks" always get away with?

these nice folks are just happy to get their first race whip to swing around. just a shame they wanted to aim it at black people first.

Dabanton

I'm going to be honest here, I'm having a extremely hard time caring about Asian folks getting upset over those jokes after that Peter Liang protest from a few days ago. You know, the one where they defended a murderer and flipped off Akai Gurley's aunt while booing her. Anti blackness runs all through these other POC groups and they do fuck all about it while talking about solidarity and inclusion. I'm amazed that black folks are as inclusive as we are considering how often we seem to pay for it and are not shown the same kindness in return.

Sadly black people are often the most welcoming of others and the most shit on in a lot of cases.

It's a damm shame.

Infinite

I'm interested in how this "anti-Asian" joke will play out vs #cancelcolbert from a few years ago where you can find very similar criticism except there's one big difference

who cares about mulan. i didn't expect chris rock to speak for all ethnicities. i'm brown and i definitely see the under-representation with us in film for sure, that aziz ansari show was the first positive thing we've gotten in like....ever lol.

rock is more in tune with the black demographic and that's what he finds personal to him so he'll obviously discuss that more than anything. as long as somebody recognizes the lack of representation then i'm cool with it. and we got dev patel and priyanka chopra there, and a pakistani won which was cool.

more film roles tho plz.

and for the record i found the child labour joke fantastic. the ali g one was suspect...but honestly i've laughed at similarly offensive shit from his tv show back in the day.

cdyhybrid

I thought the joke could have been executed a little better, but it didn't bother me too much in the end.

I dunno, my bar for being pissed off by comedians is pretty high I guess. Unless the guy is up there dropping N-bombs like Michael Richards, but in that case it kinda stops being comedy anyway.

jmood88

The Liang thing and Asian celebrities getting mad at Chris Rock and other black people for not explicitly mentioning them has gotten on my nerves. I've seen firsthand how many Asians care little about black people or any other minority until they feel like they're getting marginalized, then it's all "well, we're minorities too! Defend us!". I do have Asian friends who ride for every person of color but I also know far too many Asians who try as hard as possible to ingratiate themselves with the white community to the point where they'll say all kinds of racist shit about black people, then get mad when white people make sure they're made aware of the fact that they aren't white.

Imm0rt4l

I'm just glad all these people finally found their voices.

I'm particularly interested in all this 'new shit' they have to say.

tell me more about racial inequality and the 'double standards' "the blacks" always get away with?

these nice folks are just happy to get their first race whip to swing around. just a shame they wanted to aim it at black people first.
As far as POC wakeup calls goes, this shit is wet far tier tbh

Talk that shit

Kraftwerk

1976 VS 2016

12792314_949305935166139_4080223561706329225_o.jpg

akira28

As far as POC wakeup calls goes, this shit is wet fart tier tbh

don't take me too serious 'mortal.
I find it funny is all. like, "mmhm. ok. what else do you have to say"? as far a wake up call, its not so much to us, its more like now they know we know. and we know they know we know.

The things is though, people are mad at that joke but do anything to change things.

no one has any right to be mad at that joke.

Johndoey

Banned
No minority gives a fuck about any other minority that how that shit goes. Solidarity between Tue disenfranchised can never really last.

Also Hello Culture Thread.

Where you're from - Brooklyn
Where you live - Orlando, Florida
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots - Nope
Your profession/major/career interest - LPN
Your religious affiliation - Baptist by upbringing
Hobbies - Making disingenuous statements, lying, reading comics I can find for under a 1.00, and watching movies
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Churches biscuits, Popeye's chicken, KFC's mashed potatoes

akira28

No minority gives a fuck about any other minority that how that shit goes.

that's not true, but divide and conquer is a strategy that has never failed yet.

Are you suggesting we don't have a lot of black people in the fgc and that the fgc is just taking stuff from hip hop with no black presence?

I need clarification on this.

there is a (relatively) large presence of black people in the fgc, and they get hated on in, what seems to be, a greater ratio than the norm too. but the same people who can't relate, love calling people niggers on chat, still rap along to acceptable (via cognitive dissonance) rap songs. They take what they want regardless of their contact with black people or actual hip hop culture.

akira28

wear a fluorescent orange hunting cap and take your chances.

unless that's what the suspect was wearing, in which case, stay in the car.

I hate when blacks and Asians have beef, it makes me feel I have to choose sides.

I damn near got banished from my dads side of the family for rooting for Floyd Mayweather...

I hate when blacks and Asians have beef, it makes me feel I have to choose sides.

I damn near got banished from my dads side of the family for rooting for Floyd Mayweather...
1403.gif

I didn't think the minions was a Asian joke even after watching 3 times so I'll just take everyone's word for it. And as a character actor Sasha does what he does and be a character
Short yellow with little dicks doesn't mean much else..

I get to do the thread for the next republican debate. I am getting vapor lock on decisions.
Use that one group in comics that had fox news in a uproar last year. All I remember was it was framed "war on conservatives" when the group was basically KKK in the comic

1403.gif

Short yellow with little sucks doesn't mean much else..
But didn't one of the solo minions movies have them show dong? Which is why anyone talks about thier dicks

But didn't one of the solo minions movies have them show dong? Which is why anyone talks about thier dicks
lol. Look. If you've never heard the joke, that's fine. You said it yourself. Dude has a shtick. Part of his shtick is misdirection. He was describing an Asian stereotype, then the punchline is something else (minions)..it's very wink wink.

People talk about minion dicks? 😕

Slayven

Would say you are old, but Netflix brought those back just last year
No minority gives a fuck about any other minority that how that shit goes. Solidarity between Tue disenfranchised can never really last.

Hobbies - Making disingenuous statements, lying, reading comics I can find for under a 1.00, and watching movies
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Churches biscuits, Popeye's chicken, KFC's mashed potatoes
Don't believe him.

Shy

Was just saying good night lol.
LYc4Zrk.png

*sigh* FFS Gordon, we all though you were taking a break.

Glad you're not though. <3
GVOGNEW.gif

New ep, and we got Dreams Vision. Voice sounds like a crown royal bag and a good hand of spades

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172090

Dreams always fade when you wake up
Noice. Will listen later.

Loving this more regular release schedule.
I remember those. lol

Malyse

What's your favorite Disney movie?

Top Bottom