• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

Man, please. You don't complain about anything ever..once ain't a problem.
Thanks. :)

I complain all the time....... offline though. :D
You just gave me bad memories of when Deus Ex Invisible War came out and the hours I spent on the Eidos forums trying to fix the massive number of issues I had running it.
LOL. Sorry.
Any of y'all dropping $800 plus on that HTC Vive?
Nah, i don't have the room, or money.

And even though i have a I7 4770k, GTX Titan and 16GB of RAM. I still don't get Ready on the performance test. :_:

I don't even have a PC that can run it.

You're saying the joke fell flat others are saying it perpetuates anti-Asian racism.

When you make jokes like that in a venue like that, it gives that type of crowd a pass, intentional or not. It's what I was talking about before with Chappelle syndrome. I don't feel the trade-off is worth it, but that's just me.

LionPride

Banned
When you make jokes like that in a venue like that, it gives that type of crowd a pass, intentional or not. It's what I was talking about before with Chappelle syndrome. I don't feel the trade-off is worth it, but that's just me.

I feel as if a couple of Rock's jokes had that "Chappelle Syndrome" where I felt like people were laughing for the wrong reasons.

cdyhybrid

Yeah...made me kind of sad

Like the part about black people having more important things to protest instead of representation in the Oscars in the 60s...felt like the room was laughing off the valid issue of underrepresentation instead of laughing at the people who thought "why weren't they protesting the Oscars in the 60s" was somehow a valid counterargument to #OscarsSoWhite.

It couldn't go any other way really. Great way to end this month....

To be honest, I don't really know how I'd take it if I wasn't black. Hell, I can't know. I understand the frustration people have with not having their people's issues addressed, but why would you expect someone not in your group to speak for you? Not even stand with you, which really should be expected, but speak for you?

And some people are getting way too happy in that thread .

D i Z

The thread about #Notyourmule is going to shit, as expected. See at least two pending bans

There is a point were those that actually mean well will get frustrated and feel a little worn out from the constant friction. This is the kind of thread were a well placed troll comment can ignite all sides. There really is no safe place for anyone to stand on this one when the conversation can't be 100% frank and honest.

There is a point were those that actually mean well will get frustrated and feel a little worn out from the constant friction. This is the kind of thread were a well placed troll comment can ignite all sides. There really is no safe place for anyone to stand on this one when the conversation can't be 100% frank and honest.

Nah, that one post was designed to light people up. Disappointing how many people fell for it.

These are the kind of discussions that can play out right if cool heads are kept and receipts are produced, but more often than not people just want to slap box.

cdyhybrid

That's where I'm at. Tossing my frustrations over in my head a bit has at least clarified the source of my frustrations for me though, so it wasn't a complete loss. The ignorant people protesting for Peter Liang or going after Chris Rock are fucking it up for the rest of us who want to ally with other minority groups, because we're all fighting the same problem in the end.

guys

why yall gotta be so racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJJqW7Hrgc

I really enjoyed that video. Really good production values. Cameras on tripods, close to the people being pranked so we can clearly see, and they also were nice enough to mic them up so we can hear them.
billbored.gif

I was told if there's no whipping, dragging, or burning, that things aren't racist. Sorry. Doesn't fit. Also..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XRQ-Ci6LwVw

Let's talk after..

jmood88

I feel as if a couple of Rock's jokes had that "Chappelle Syndrome" where I felt like people were laughing for the wrong reasons.
All the cheers during the "we had better things to protest" joke made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't have a problem with the joke but the audience enjoyed that one way too much.

Some of you guys are biting way too hard on that bait.

It's pretty depressing

I'm having a laugh, old man. I could give a shit. I said what I had to on the subject in here. I wish I was asleep. Imma keep my personal shit to myself for a moment, but yeah..fuck that thread lol. Same old clowns. Same shit makeup.
All the cheers during the "we had better things to protest" joke made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't have a problem with the joke but the audience enjoyed that one way too much.
And some stretched their arms out something extra to show solidarity..I'm definitely crossing some of the things I watch out..

He paced the punchline well. You could see the discomfort and they earned every iota.

I'm having a laugh, old man. I could give a shit. I said what I had to on the subject in here. I wish I was asleep. Imma keep my personal shit to myself for a moment, but yeah..fuck that thread lol. Same old clowns. Same shit makeup.

I just don't want worthwhile discussion getting buried under the shit. People leaning back in their Ugg boots while minorities hiss at each other is not the wave,

Enzom21

I thought I had a long memory lmao

62kBOAE.gif

Fuck. Yo. Couch.

Some shit sticks out..especially when you fit the description. Only for SOME races, tho..

Shit isn't difficult to remember when you see that person popup in threads where blacks people are victims of something horrible and they continue spouting that devil's advocate, victim blaming bullshit.
It's easy to remember who ain't shit.

Shit isn't difficult to remember when you see that person popup in threads where blacks people are victims of something horrible and they continue spouting that devil's advocate, victim blaming bullshit.
It's easy to remember who ain't shit.

Theres an undercurrent of antiblackness in all her posts in threads regarding black folks. Absent when black folks are undoubtedly being brutalized and victims through no fault of their own though...strange 🍵

Thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread.

You know what I'm reminded of?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y0WxhpoJdLQ

Sorry to hear that Gordon.

My way's not really healthy though, I just shut off and shut out.
Oh, lol..I'm fucked! All jokes, brother. That's how I cope. I laugh. Then, I laugh some more. Right after that, I post gifs..now that I know minx notices me, I post even MORE gifs 😘 (love you, boo). I do think I might need a change, tho..pull back a bit. Pretty sure it can't hurt!

Oh, lol..I'm fucked! All jokes, brother. That's how I cope. I laugh. Then, I laugh some more. Right after that, I post gifs..now that I know minx notices me, I post even MORE gifs 😘 (love you, boo). I do think I might need a change, tho..pull back a bit. Pretty sure it can't hurt!

Well, there's always cooking, the Jet Beauty of the Week, comedy, etc. lol

Shiiiiit. I cooks all day, negro. No better therapy.
That's a fucking lie..cycling is the best therapy. I do love cooking!

Absolutely. Just feels different now..team is split up.

Well, an asterisk on my suggestion is to play single-player stuff. Sometimes when I feel like hating myself, I'll play a MOBA and remind myself why I hate humanity sometimes.

Well, an asterisk on my suggestion is to play single-player stuff. Sometimes when I feel like hating myself, I'll play a MOBA and remind myself why I hate humanity sometimes.
Nah, that ain't gonna help me none.
You tryna see an early grave
Now I feel we should turn our attention to Beef and help HIM out lol..

Been lovely as always, my people. Gonna bow out. Be safe. Be easy..peace.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You know what? I need you to teach me how to be peaceful. I'm allover the place right now, and was given some pretty devastating news hours ago. I need to be more..Zen?

listen to good music my man. ive been feeling like shit lately and ive been going back to music i used to listen to with my mom as a kid. quincy jones(mainly back on the block) luther vandross, earth wind and fire, awb, and the like. it reminded me of better times and has been lifting me out of my funk

Enzom21

No furtive movements around minx... you know he thinks us negroes are more prone to violence.

Jandro's curing black people

My mother runs a business that specializes in black art and others thing Afrocentric. BHM 2016 did crazy #s for her, but sales dropped off a fuckin cliff today. I was like "damn , people just threw conciousness in the bushes on the 1st huh? Wait a minute, it's not even the 1st yet!!"

Top Bottom