• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Have you ever had a situation were you really like a creator, but like none of their creations?

I think that's the case for me and Ales Kots. I think he's a really cool person, but his works just don't do it for me. Not bad, but not my jam.

Infinite

Have you ever had a situation were you really like a creator, but like none of their creations?

I think that's the case for me and Ales Kots. I think he's a really cool person, but his works just don't do it for me. Not bad, but not my jam.
Janelle Monae for me off the the top of my head.

Johndoey

Banned

Closest thing for me is probably Grant Morrison or Hideo Kojima.

Village

I think most of ya'll can appreciate this, whether you're for Hillary or Bernie.

Pfft

latest

Holy shit I forgot about this.

You reminded me of galacta again

Galacta is the best.

Malyse

I just found out that if they can sort the rights out they plan to make a Captain EO Infinity figure. That might be the best news ever.

LionPride

Banned

Lady Gaga, I like her but I don't like her music

Kreed

I'm going to say Tyler Perry, but "really like" is too much vs "respect". And by creations I mean things like Madea vs things he's been in just as an actor which I've liked. Oprah is in that same boat, I like lots of movies she's acted in, never watched her shows/books/anything on her network.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm going to say Tyler Perry, but "really like" is too much vs "respect". And by creations I mean things like Madea vs things he's been in just as an actor which I've liked. Oprah is in that same boat, I like lots of movies she's acted in, never watched her shows/books/anything on her network.

Maybe I'll go with Kevin Hart. Never really cared for any of his standups or movies but I like that cat. I'm more on the respect angle but I would say I have a positive outlook on things when he shows up.

I liked Kots' Zero, but his Marvel work and Wolf have left me dry.

Closest thing for me is probably Grant Morrison or Hideo Kojima.

But see, both of those dudes have the same problem. I call it Morrisoning, but Kojima has it, Kanye has it, George Lucas had it.

It's that moment where you get so big, no one sits you down anymore and say "No." You believe the hype and there's no critical filter, so you make nonsense thinking it'll work out because you're you.

Slayven

I can't think of anybody I like personally but don't like their work.

Daddy's Little Girls is pretty much the only movie of Tyler Perry's that I can recommend to people with a straight face.
I just like the last 30 minutes of so, when he beat dude's ass and everybody acted like they didn't see shit.

Malyse

I think my best feature is that I'm enough of a space cadet that I can be completely drunk off my ass and still come across are as normal. Well, a slightly sillier version of myself.

I'm a happy drunk.

-----

God. Three more hours till the fallout starts. I can't fuckikng wait. Salt is delish.

Slayven

I think my best feature is that I'm enough of a space cadet that I can be completely drunk off my ass and still come across are as normal. Well, a slightly sillier version of myself.

I'm a happy drunk.

-----

God. Three more hours till the fallout starts. I can't fuckikng wait. Salt is delish.

It is already flowing, , Micheal Moore showing his ass.

I like Monty Oum as a person even though I could never really get into his fight choreography, even though I absolutely respect his talents as a one-man production army.

Also, Artpop is the only one of Gaga's albums / music I enjoy, though I haven't checked out the jazz album she put out in 2014 or whenever it was.

I can also respect a lot of Bungie's individual devs even though some of their decisions with the Halo titles were questionable.

EDIT: I could never really get into Star Wars prior to Episode 7 (original trilogy or the prequels), but I definitely respect George Lucas considering he's just a dude who followed his dreams and doesn't really seem privy to assholish tendencies a lot of other big names tend to fall to.

cdyhybrid

I'm a happy drunk.

-----

Think I might pick up some beverages after work to enjoy while reading the Bernie threads tonight.

EDIT: I could never really get into Star Wars prior to Episode 7 (original trilogy or the prequels), but I definitely respect George Lucas considering he's just a dude who followed his dreams and doesn't really seem privy to assholish tendencies a lot of other big names tend to fall to.

I can't hate on a dude that put up so much of his own money to make Red Tails. Noble failure.

He just needed to part with Star Wars.

Slayven

When i read that bit, it reminded of when Luke was telling Leia that's she's his sister. :D

What did he say now. ?

Southern states are irrelevant in the primary because they don't vote right. Guess what states have huge black voter numbers and Bernie is losing in?

I can't hate on a dude that put up so much of his own money to make Red Tails. Noble failure.

He just needed to part with Star Wars.
I will never understand the hate that man gets. Folks act like their lives were forever ruined by 40 minutes of cgi.

Southern states are irrelevant in the primary because they don't vote right. Guess what states have huge black voter numbers and Bernie is losing in?

I will never understand the hate that man gets. Folks act like their lives were forever ruined by 40 minutes of cgi.

People have made careers out of shitting on Star Wars, it's nuts.

jmood88

Bernie was the one who started out talking about how he had a 50 state strategy and was willing to go everywhere cause it would expand the field but now he wants to abandon states and only focus on the handful that are friendly to him. Funny how that works.

Slayven

Bernie was the one who started out talking about how he had a 50 state strategy and was willing to go everywhere cause it would expand the field but now he wants to abandon states and only focus on the handful that are friendly to him. Funny how that works.

Dude spent no money in the states popping today except for CO and VT, then he want to be mad.

Malyse

I like Monty Oum as a person even though I could never really get into his fight choreography, even though I absolutely respect his talents as a one-man production army.

You mean liked
RIP.

I wish someone could finish Dead Fantasy. Or that Kocmo would approach Squenix about making it for reals.

Actually it would be fuckin cool if someone ripped models from DOA5LR and FFX/2HD to redo it.

Beef, lemme hold a Froakie

You really need one? I have multiples of all the staters in my bank.

Top Bottom