• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Xeno X is too chill to cause anger, I won't believe it.

The music!

I'm really liking the music in the game. The track that plays when you fight a named Indigen is great.

Got my first Skell last night and now I really want an open-world Gundam action-RPG

EDIT: RIP DD, hope your stay in the fandom in the sky isn't too long.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I swear if I read another quote along the lines of " I hope Trump wins the primary to make it easier for Hillary/Bernie" then I'm going to lose my shit. This shit ain't no game on any level. I admit that I don't always vote or know everything about every canidate but it feels like our generation is going full ________ sometimes.

andthebeatgoeson

I swear if I read another quote along the lines of " I hope Trump wins the primary to make it easier for Hillary/Bernie" then I'm going to lose my shit. This shit ain't no game on any level. I admit that I don't always vote or know everything about every canidate but it feels like our generation is going full ________ sometimes.
Yeah, we shouldn't be encouraging fuckery like this. I don't want to see David Duke 2020 signs.

Let's take bets on what Dreamy's name will be when he comes back.

I was watching that clip with Kat Williams in jail denying the kid was his. He said, that's a white baby...I hope to work for him some day.

It's singly the privilege of not actually having to worry about policy in your own country negatively affecting you. I can't imagine any woman or minority even entertaining the idea of someone like Trump (or many on the Repub side) even having half a chance at the presidency. Hell, it's already worrying that he's brought a lot of bigoted people out of hiding in the first place.

Kreed

It's singly the privilege of not actually having to worry about policy in your own country negatively affecting you. I can't imagine any woman or minority even entertaining the idea of someone like Trump (or many on the Repub side) even having half a chance at the presidency. Hell, it's already worrying that he's brought a lot of bigoted people out of hiding in the first place.

This isn't directed at your post specifically, but I was watching the news and they were talking about this idea that Trump is bringing in new bigoted voters and I just shake my head because these people are in denial. They've always been here and voting, either openly or quietly. Did people forget the voters who were scared of a "Muslim Terrorist anti Christ" running for President and John McCain had to spend time correcting his voters that Obama was a "good man"? Remember when voters were yelling out the n word at Obama at Sarah Palin rallies? The only difference now is there's a candidate that isn't pretending they don't exist.

Slayven

This is why you have to be careful being "adventurous" when ordering food.
I don't even fuck with chittlins

This isn't directed at your post specifically, but I was watching the news and they were talking about this idea that Trump is bringing in new bigoted voters and I just shake my head because these people are in denial. They've always been here and voting, either openly or quietly. Did people forget the voters who were scared of a "Muslim Terrorist anti Christ" running for President and John McCain had to spend time correcting his voters that Obama was a "good man"? Remember when voters were yelling out the n word at Obama at Sarah Palin rallies? The only difference now is there's a candidate that isn't pretending they don't exist.
The "I going to vote for trump for reasons" voters let me know how much skin they have in the game

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

The hanging burning monkey effigies spoke fucking volumes.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I know everyone who regularly posts in the Asian thread just hates me now for taking over the conversation.

lol I don't. You didn't come by and just shit post or anything - you had points made them, people engaged, we talked...isn't that the point of a forum? :-D

jmood88

lol I don't. You didn't come by and just shit post or anything - you had points made them, people engaged, we talked...isn't that the point of a forum? :-D
Lol well I'm glad. It was just a radical shift from what had been discussed prior.

I don't know if you can call those ideas mainstream when minorities are still begging the power structure for the exact same things.
As with most things, they're considered mainstream now because they affect white people and things like mass incarceration and cop watching have started to be seen as no-brainers, even if it's not for the same reasons we have for wanting them to be discussed and/or adopted.

JLynn

There was a woman who wrote into a podcast and said that once her boyfriend cut off his beard, she realized that he was unattractive and out of her league and she was considering breaking up with him because of it.

Yeah, The Read!! I love that podcast.

I read your post in AsianGAF and, well, the results aren't surprising. I'm looking at them like what would Yuri Kochiyama say to them.

And count me in the camp of those whose GF/fiancée's don't want them to cut their hair and beard. In my case I pretty much have to shave my head because I'm thinning in the middle and my beard has a messed up pepper with a few dashes of salt look (Need to grow older to get that proper blend). After a convo we compromised. As long as I don't shave my mustache off we're cool.

Slayven

Yeah, The Read!! I love that podcast.

I read your post in AsianGAF and, well, the results aren't surprising. I'm looking at them like what would Yuri Kochiyama say to them.

And count me in the camp of those whose GF/fiancée's don't want them to cut their hair and beard. In my case I pretty much have to shave my head because I'm thinning in the middle and my beard has a messed up pepper with a few dashes of salt look (Need to grow older to get that proper blend). After a convo we compromised. As long as I don't shave my mustache off we're cool.

Damn why I didn't know about her before.

andthebeatgoeson

Which is worrying. Not now because the Republican candidates are soft and have no clue how to respond but if Trump makes it far, it will give people ideas. He needs to lose spectacularly. Like, set back the party by 20 years, type of L.

I hope he does okay to make every minority to disavow his party. Landslide election for Hillary with major losses in the house and senate.

Which is worrying. Not now because the Republican candidates are soft and have no clue how to respond but if Trump makes it far, it will give people ideas. He needs to lose spectacularly. Like, set back the party by 20 years, type of L.

I hope he does okay to make every minority to disavow his party. Landslide election for Hillary with major losses in the house and senate.

Man, we can potentially do so much with a good house and senate.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Lol well I'm glad. It was just a radical shift from what had been discussed prior.

We normally just discuss food and life; so while it is radical, it's not like "OMG GET THIS OUT OF HERE". I'm sure some (smarter than us probably, hah) people don't like discussing politics on the internet with random people - but it's a random thread and there will be food pictures soon enough I'm sure. :D

JLynn

Damn why I didn't know about her before.

I knew of her when I first saw a pic of her holding Malcolm X as he was literally taking his last breaths.

Malcom-X-Yuri-Kochiyama-time-magazine.jpg

As I got older and thanks to the advent of the Internet I read up more on her and thanks to YouTube see and hear more about her. It was from reading about her that I knew Asians collaborated in the Civil Rights movement closer than I ever knew. And I was pissed that I didn't know about this in school and even college.

I knew of her when I first saw a pic of her holding Malcolm X as he was literally taking his last breaths.

Malcom-X-Yuri-Kochiyama-time-magazine.jpg

As I got older and thanks to the advent of the Internet I read up more on her and thanks to YouTube see and hear more about her. It was from reading about her that I knew Asians collaborated in the Civil Rights movement closer than I ever knew. And I was pissed that I didn't know about this in school and even college.
gotta keep the model minority myth alive, dont want people finding out blacks and asians can...gasp........get along!

We really need people to vote in non-presidential elections. It's a shame how little attention there is on these off-year races when they determine so much.

True. I still get headaches from people who constantly say how politicians/Obama are useless now when they decide not to vote for shit outside of the presidential one. There needs to be more education on it and how important it can be in getting what you want done.

You going to put some money on his books?

Goddamn, I haven't heard this in so long...

I feel like I'm starting to sip too much of the SJW phazon when RoosterTeeth's podcast of the week is entirely C-listers talking about date mishaps and sexual insecurities and shaving and bullshit and I'm just like "I feel like this episode is... too straight for me."

The worst part is that it's not the first time it's happened. :lol

Africanus

We really need people to vote in non-presidential elections. It's a shame how little attention there is on these off-year races when they determine so much.

It's why I officially started a Political Forum in my school today.
I felt my peers were apathetic towards the 2016 election, and even more so towards mid terms!

"As of 2015, about 26% of working-age (18-Slayven yrs old) Black Culture Thread members are currently banned, permmed, or in a *****_ security prison"

Source: JCDemographics.com

"Studies show that as of December 2015, virtually 100% of Black Culture Threads have been made by white males ages 18-24, with virtually no black involvement*

*pretend I didn't copypaste everything from OT12 and also pretend slaent doesn't exist"

Source(s): neogaf.com, subzerostatistics.biz

Top Bottom