• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Young Magus

that kaoru akimoto sound sound link? that 2nd song is lava fire. the other stuff i don't like 80's love ballads and the stuff.

Track 3 is my favourite.

#bustinmakemefeelgood

shaq.png

------------
Who here did this?

Lol that shit really irritated me. They just couldn't have the nigga be a stormtrooper, he had to be fucking custodian.

That actually makes sense. If they are raised from childhood they won't be pushed into combat till like 18. In the military doing menial labor isn't out of the ordinary for combat units (latrine duty). So it makes sense for the younger troopers to do those task, so your not wasting troopers of age on the dirty work.

jmood88

That actually makes sense. If they are raised from childhood they won't be pushed into combat till like 18. In the military doing menial labor isn't out of the ordinary for combat units (latrine duty). So it makes sense for the younger troopers to do those task, so your not wasting troopers of age on the dirty work.
And I get that, but to specifically make him a custodian? It's not like it was just some stuff he did when he wasn't a soldier, that was what he saw as his job. It wasn't, "alright, we need y'all to help keep this shit clean", they said, "this mop is yours, nigga. Get your janitor ass out of that suit."

And I get that, but to specifically make him a custodian? It's not like it was just some stuff he did when he wasn't a soldier, that was what he saw as his job. It wasn't, "alright, we need y'all to help keep this shit clean", they said, "this mop is yours, nigga. Get your janitor ass out of that suit."

Nah, I think every underage trooper does that shit. Mess hall, laundry, custodian etc.

Nah, I think every underage trooper does that shit. Mess hall, laundry, custodian etc.

This is accurate for military irl. Lower Enlisted regularly do lower end jobs like that when they're not actively on mission. It's free labor (free in the sense that they don't have to hire additional people to do those jobs) and is used to reinforce the idea of them being lower on the Chain of Command. For example, having to do additional menial tasks ("Extra Duty") is regularly used as a punishment when a soldier fucks up. Landscaping, litter pick up, vacuuming/mopping, cleaning the bathrooms, etc...

So for it to apply to the fictional Empire would make sense.

D i Z

Not feeling that Ghostbusters trailer at all. Daughter liked it tho..

It was just ok. It felt much like a lot of movies these days where they aren't really world building, but more doing scenerio gags. I'll watch it for sure, but it's not blowing my socks off.

Would it have killed them to make her a scientist,? Like how hard is it? It's bad enough to not get roles, but playing a token is just as bad.

This. Very very much this. wtf....

wtf, mate......

Mizerman

I guess I hadn't paid enough attention but I had assumed that Leslie Jones was going to be a scientist. White people in Hollywood can come up with all kinds of ideas but they still have problems coming up with black characters who aren't the street-smart one or a space janitor.

"We can't relate, etc, etc..."

Slayven

I always dreamed of moving to the Scandinavian countries. But the brown bashing cured that.

Now I just want to move to Hawaii

Looking at TO myself

I wanna hang out with Drake and get fucked up with the weeknd

Toronto I'm looking at too but people say it's more conservative than Van, but my people over there.

I always dreamed of moving to the Scandinavian countries. But the brown bashing cured that.

Now I just want to move to Hawaii

Hawaii wouldn't be bad. Expensive though and I wonder how global warming will affect it.

I thought it was striking how, like in the original movie, the black Ghostbuster doesn't come into play immediately and isn't even a scientist. I thought they'd move away from that, but nah.

Dai101

Banned
What is it about Mexico that makes you want to move there?

Well, at least you're not going to get killed on sight that's for sure.

Other than that, well, even if racism isn't systematic and a guvernamental policy there's still a bit of discrimination and a lot of classism. Other than that i think you and anyone will be accepted and welcomed here.

Looking for stories about Black Americans who have moved to Mexico. Everyone talking about Canada, and I'm looking south of the border.

GREAT! You're are welcome down here. I'm not black but a native Mexican and can gladly help if you want to.

jmood88

Well, at least you're not going to get killed on sight that's for sure.

Other than that, well, even if racism isn't systematic and a guvernamental policy there's still a bit of discrimination and a lot of classism. Other than that i think you and anyone will be accepted and welcomed here.

GREAT! You're are welcome down here. I'm not black but a native Mexican and can gladly help if you want to.
I wasn't talking shit about Mexico, by the way, I genuinely don't know much about it and wanted to know why he was considering moving there.

Aiustis

When I entertained doing a cycling tour I was advised by Mexican-Americans, that it was better to go there than traveling around US or Canada.

Malyse

I want to move to Moldova and set up a shadow government to rule from. The country has no money and they hate the people in charge, so I think it's doable.

I'm not joking

What you drinking this afternoon, BCT?

Not joking bout that either.

I want to move to Moldova and set up a shadow government to rule from. The country has no money and they hate the people in charge, so I think it's doable.

I'm not joking

What you drinking this afternoon, BCT?

Not joking bout that either.

Getting some beer tonight while going Slay (dating an Asian girl). All that aside, she seems cool, but I've dating two other girls who are higher up on my list.

Dai101

Banned
Can you tell me about life in Mejico? I'm a city girl.

Well, the big 3 cities are

Ciudad de Mexico (aka El De Efe and, sigh...... CDMX, yeah, that's real. They changed the name to that)

Is both the capital of the country where all the government both local and federal reside. Also where most large companies quarters reside. Is BIG (not in size tho)' lot's of cars on the street, don't spect to have a fast commute on your own car, luckily it has one of the best (and cheaper) massive transit systems in the world, EL METRO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City_Metro

It covers both el DF and some municipalities of el Estado de Mexico (don't go there, ever, SERIUOSLY) the state nearby. You can practically go everywhere in it. Just beware that preciselly for that reason is always packed. Otherwise you can use a "pecero" o el "metrobus" (a BTR system)

Crime is like in every major city, but hey, at least is not Detroit.

Being the country's largest city as well as its most important political, cultural, educational and financial center is also is probably one, if not, one of the most progresive cities in Mexico.Culturaly it has the largest number of theaters, cinemas (both chain and independents), tourist places and museums.

In recent years, the local government has passed a wave of liberal policies, such as abortion on request, a limited form of euthanasia, no-fault divorce, and same-sex marriage.

And just like every big city, housing there is expensive, at least in El Centro and zones close to it. Most of the people that work there come from EdoMex, or even municipalities of Queretaro.

Now, my home town.

Guadalajara is the 2nd big city in Mexico. If your field of work is IT or technology inclined this is your best shot since it has the a lot of industries and factories and specially Electronic Manufacture is a big part of the economy.

Just like in el DF also houses a lot Colonial times buildings (the most famous is The Catedral)
Transportation is easier in car than in el DF but not as much at rush hours. It has a meager mass transit system that is being expanded but still pales in comparison to El Metro. The best shot is to use the bus system, also Uber has really expanded here.

Culturally there's a lot to see, just not as much as El DF but certainly there's a lot to see. Music halls, theaters, cinema, bars and LOTS OF TEQUILA!

Also something that i don't like is that still the church and religion has some power but is decreasing at a fast rate, just like in every state since the Supreme Court ruled the bans against SSM inconstitutional groups of "mochos" (that's what we call those extremelly religious people) and their political allies had tried to reverse the decition but is really a futile battle and just grasping for an unlike miracle.

Also we're home of Las Chivas Rayadas del Guadalajara, once, a proud futbol team... nowadays just a bringer of shame.

The 3rd one would be Monterrey, closer to the north and bordering with Texas.

Got not much to say there (just being there a couple of times) aside from what i've told of the other 2. Just that they sure love their cabrito. And Los Rayados. Never badmouth any of them.

There's also smaller cities like Queretaro (capital of Queretaro) Puebla (capital of Puebla) and Aguascalientes (you guessed!) the former and latter home of both VolksWagen and Nissan respectivelly.

That's a quick recap of the cities i know, if you want more indeep info just let me know.

Top Bottom