• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

So Stephen A. Smith believes racism doesn't exist for me since I ain't gettin' lynched? Since I can vote?
When I'm eighteen anyway
I've hated this fool for so long, and folks would defend him. Let that ignorant hairline shine, fuck boy..like what he's saying is some exclusive new shit. Fuck his apologetic nonsense..bitch..

Johndoey

Banned
I mean I can understand usually the underlying logic to a statement even if it's sketchy but this is just nonsensical. I don't even understand how a grown man could say this bull. Even the craziest fools usually just downplay racism instead.

Federation Force seems solid
cQOX2oN.png

I legitimately laughed out loud at Nintendo bringing in the Metroid Prime producer to do damage control.

Malyse

you draw those, design those, or commission those? I may need to consult with you sometime.
Design and commission. I can do it myself or I can pay someone to do it much better. *shrug*
Nigga you are posting in what I created.
What exactly did you create?

And really, if this is the height of your ability to create then I guess I'll have to let you off the hook. Cause this ain't nothing to brag about and I wouldn't want to take shots at someone who can do so little.
Marate definitely got some negro in him.

"nigga you know your name is Marty, why you lunchin?"
African national actually.
Dreamy, no black people?
What.
Actually there are no white people.

Village

Federation Force seems solid
cQOX2oN.png

Uncle Ruckus was right...

I think this is a good ol fashioned case of, If there were regular games out, less people would hate this.

Also, they kinda flubbed up the concept? I mean you are talking about a game whewre they reinstate whatever program that got samus her suit. Instead of creating a game with a bunch of nobodies.

Why not just have a game, with an actual more serious art style, that has new female character designs for new suit people. Have them go on their own adntures, maybe the suits can only be used by women for whatever reason. Then you could have made a bunch of interesting new female characters, instead of uninteretsing nobody in a weird art style.

That's just me.

Dai101

Banned
How would I be expected to be treated as a black woman in Mexico Cify, Dai? I plan on visiting maybe next year.

Hmmm... Let me see.

Since is close to Guerrero, Oaxaca and Veracruz probably a lot of people will asume you're from there since those states is where a large part of the Afro-Mexican population resides, being La Costa Chica in Oaxaca and it's Border with Guerrero and in several small towns in Veracruz. Maybe even confuse you with being from Honduras or other latinamerican country because to a large part of the population, specially in the northern states, is an oddity to se a mexican with a darker than usual skin tone. Funny and sad at the same time because "there's no black people in Mexico" as i have heard too many damn times..

Being the capital of the country people should be used to live and see people of all ethnicities, both from inside the country as outside, so don't expect much fuckery in that regard. At least i hope so. In any case you can contact the autorities and CONAPRED if any of that happens. We have to erradicate discrimination of any kind!

And just as a rule of thumb just like everywhere else try to not act "touristly". Carry only the money you plan to use, don't show off money and other valuables, avoid empty streets, the usual stuff. To move around the city, luckily Uber is there and as i mentioned before the Metro can take you virtually everywhere inside the city, specially being a woman.

I'll be happy and glad to help ;-)

Malyse

I think this is a good ol fashioned case of, If there were regular games out, less people would hate this.

Also, they kinda flubbed up the concept? I mean you are talking about a game whewre they reinstate whatever program that got samus her suit. Instead of creating a game with a bunch of nobodies.

Why not just have a game, with an actual more serious art style, that has new female character designs for new suit people. Have them go on their own adntures, maybe the suits can only be used by women for whatever reason. Then you could have made a bunch of interesting new female characters, instead of uninteretsing nobody in a weird art style.

That's just me.
Personally, I think that I would like a game where you have a character hunting Samus. She's persona non grata as of Fusion, so brand her a war criminal-

Actually, just do Halo 5 with better characters.

Also, Samus got her suit from the Chozo unless Other M did some horrendous retcons.

Village

Personally, I think that I would like a game where you have a character hunting Samus. She's persona non grata as of Fusion, so brand her a war criminal-

Actually, just do Halo 5 with better characters.

Sure, that sounds interesting. though i'm on team " Halo 4 and beyond, shouldn't have had chief because they reinstated the spartan program and you should just play as your own guy " but its whatever.

Aiustis

One thing I'm excited about; I'm going to a cat show for my birthday. Might pick up a new cat. The current one might not be pleased but she sucks at being a cat.

D i Z

I love how white folks not being able to pay their bills has now become and excuse for their angsty ass behavior and something to beat a nigga with when they have something to say about their own condition in this country. Like that same shit doesn't apply to virtually everyone else in the entire fuckin world.

Young Magus

Whoever suggested putting teatree oil on your afro I say thank you. My scalp has become so sensitive in winter. I just mixed it with some ziggy marley coconut oil.

Imma try this. Making a natural/afro work in Japan is Dante Must Die levels of difficulty

-----
Ducktales theme song is stuck in my head....shits too catchy

Malyse

Sure, that sounds interesting. though i'm on team " Halo 4 and beyond, shouldn't have had chief because they reinstated the spartan program and you should just play as your own guy " but its whatever.
People get attached to characters. Case in point: Federation Force. How mad were people over the no Samus?

It's part of why I look forward to the KH fandom imploding when they announce a numbered game without Sora (as Nomura has been hinting at wanting to do)

Village

People get attached to characters. Case in point: Federation Force. How mad were people over the no Samus?

It's part of why I look forward to the KH fandom imploding when they announce a numbered game without Sora (as Nomura has been hinting at wanting to do)

I'm totally down with no sora

After KH1 , it seems like they realized " oops, everyone is cooler than sora, everyone "

Also Whens, Oswald.

Malyse

I'm totally down with no sora

After KH1 , it seems like they realized " oops, everyone is cooler than sora, everyone "

Also Whens, Oswald.
He wants to do created characters a la KHX, which I'm 100% for. Let me have my black character in canon.

I had this concept ages ago where Mickey is getting his ass kicked and Oswald comes in and saves him, saying some DBZ "the only one who gets to defeat you is me" type thing and then doesn't show up again. Sort of like how Sonic was only right at the very end of Subspace Emissary.

Malyse

It's hilarious and so very Square Enix that the game that literally ties into KH3 the most is a browser/mobile game: the former with no planned localization and the latter with its release date already in its third month of being overdue.

I am really excited to see the new Nomura art for KH3. Sora looks great and hopefully we'll get Ephemera and Skuld in there somehow.

Side note: I love Skuld's design, but god damn if she doesn't look like one of my characters. They even have the same beauty mark.

He wants to do created characters a la KHX, which I'm 100% for. Let me have my black character in canon.

I had this concept ages ago where Mickey is getting his ass kicked and Oswald comes in and saves him, saying some DBZ "the only one who gets to defeat you is me" type thing and then doesn't show up again. Sort of like how Sonic was only right at the very end of Subspace Emissary.

Well, yeah, Oswald is better than Mickey anyway.

Is there any way to NOT like the trailer to Ghostbusters without being a gamer gate supporter or male chauvinist pig? I want to kick a puppy right now.
A male one, so I don't catch heat, but with a pink bow.

What is even happening? Fuck the future..

akira28

I never was into diablo past the first one. and I never got into Gears of War. And I never liked Call of Anything Duty. So unless that RPG + third person is more like Morrowind with guns, and MMORP, I'm probably not going to dive in.

Trey

I don't get all the crying about federation force either. Just skip the game if you don't want to play it.

people are primed for huge news at these directs, so any time it's just some run of the mill announcements, pouting occurs.

so many folks simply live for the meta surrounding games - live for the hype - they don't know how to turn it off. enraptured by their anticipation, disappointed with the reality.

Top Bottom