• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Village

Plus I'm all in for that meltdown. I want Nintendo to snatch all the old dead franchises.

I will buy 5 NX's if nintendo figures out how to get the rights, and makes an Extreme G game.

Though IIRC those rights are literally in some legal hell, so that's never ever happening ever.

I just wanna race bikes in the post Apocalypse and whilst dnb plays, is that too much to ask.

Afrocious

Finally got my passport. Let's fuckin go.

e9RrWx7.jpg

blah blah Canada and shit

Village

Man...when Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Nintendo exclusive, some fools acted like their souls were snatched or something.

Ok, ok so I know a bunch of people lost their damned minds

But on a non, insanity level. I can understand " hey you know this cool game you wanted a sequel to, it has a sequel, on this several hundred dollar console that has nothing else that appeals to you at all, and it will never be on anything else, " and being like " fuck this ". The insanity that happened after, way less justfied, but going " fuck this " I get. And they did, because much like bayonetta one , no one bought the game.

I played some wii u, i'm not gong to pretend most people gave half a shit about that console.

Dereck

I didn't buy my Wii U for Bayonetta 2, but Bayonetta 2 being on Wii U was cool. I can't help but think though that if it was multi-platform it would have seen some DLC or some cool online co-op perks.

The game came out on Wii U and died.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I didn't buy my Wii U for Bayonetta 2, but Bayonetta 2 being on Wii U was cool. I can't help but think though that if it was multi-platform it would have seen some DLC or some cool online co-op perks.

this ironic since without the Wii u the game would've been dead. People wanna vote with they wallets only when they're trying to boycott something.

Dereck

this ironic since without the Wii u the game would've been dead. People wanna vote with they wallets only when they're trying to boycott something.
Ouch, you got me there, completely forgot that Nintendo funded the game.

I'll retract what I said then, at this point people should go ahead and check it out considering that price drop it got recently.

Mizerman

Bro you stop that. stealing games is a crime and nintendo should be fined.

With the way some folk were acting, Nintendo are some major super villains who "steal" games.

Ok, ok so I know a bunch of people lost their damned minds

But on a non, insanity level. I can understand " hey you know this cool game you wanted a sequel to, it has a sequel, on this several hundred dollar console that has nothing else that appeals to you at all, and it will never be on anything else, " and being like " fuck this ". The insanity that happened after, way less justfied, but going " fuck this " I get. And they did, because much like bayonetta one , no one bought the game.

I played some wii u, i'm not gong to pretend most people gave half a shit about that console.

See, I can understand to an extent when certain games (and sequels) are no longer available on the consoles they have while being on the console some are wary of. I also understand that the Wii U wasn't exactly a success story. At the same time, however, it wasn't like Sony and Microsoft stepped up to the plate to do something about it. Hell, Bayonetta were on PS3 and the 360 so it wasn't like anything were stopping them.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ouch, you got me there, completely forgot that Nintendo funded the game.

I'll retract what I said then, at this point people should go ahead and check it out considering that price drop it got recently.

Nintendo is batshit and make the stupidest mistake but at least they waste their money on games that wouldn't get a chance otherwise
even if that does lead to terrible ideas like the recent paper mario games and this abomination iphone game with metroid tradmarks slapped all over it.

Afrocious

i didn't like the part when bayonetta 2 tried to have bayonetta expressing emotions outside of being cocky and apathetic.

or that final boss

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nintendo is batshit and make the stupidest mistake but at least they waste their money on games that wouldn't get a chance otherwise
even if that does lead to terrible ideas like the recent paper mario games and this abomination iphone game with metroid tradmarks slapped all over it.

how many four player coop first person shooters do you play on iphone?

I get the desire for a new real Metroid, but come on

EloquentM

aka Mannny
how many four player coop first person shooters do you play on iphone?

I get the desire for a new real Metroid, but come on
Don't even try to defend that shit. Shit is a slap in the face after nearly 10 years of no metroid. Should've just made it into a new ip and called it a day like splatoon.

Htown

Don't even try to defend that shit

It's a Metroid spinoff that looks kind of lame. So what? We've been here before.

The rage level for this game is ridiculous.

Shit is a slap in the face after nearly 10 years of no metroid.
Other M came out less than 6 years ago. You want to talk about a slap in the face on that one, I'll agree with you.

You know why? Because the game is out, people played it, and it was garbage.

Should've just made it into a new ip and called it a day like splatoon.
From what I can tell, it plays like the Metroid Prime games, with the same lock-on based first person shooter combat. It's the best fit out of the franchises they had.

Certainly a lot closer than that pinball game.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's a Metroid spinoff that looks kind of lame. So what? We've been here before.

The rage level for this game is ridiculous.
Spin-off are great when there's an actually mainline game that's not vaporware. Nobody wanna play Samus and friends when theres isnt an actual Samus game in the pipeline. There wouldn't have been outrage if the last good metroid game wasn't prime 3. It's like not putting out a mainline Mario game for an entire generation but still putting stuff out like Mario and sonic at the olympics, Mario party, Mario tennis, etc.

And hunters was passable plus we had prime 3 which is why there wasn't as much bitching about pinball where a 2d metroid should've been. I mean people been hoping on indie metroidvanie to quell their thirst cause Nintendo can't even come through. They love finding bullshit that no one is ever gonna buy yet troll the fanbase of their most mature game.

Htown

I guess I just don't get the anger. There hasn't been an F-Zero game in like 15 years, I'm not pissed because they dared to spend development time putting that minigame into Nintendoland.

Metroid has skipped a generation before, and after the last debacle I'm not going to be pissed just because they release a spinoff while they try to figure out how the fuck to make a good Metroid game again.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean to each their own but that shit screams fuck your fanbase. They did the same thing with console animal crossing last year. Keep them games in the vault nobody wants half assed spin offs when you could save the money or allocate those resources into a game worth playing. Shit even slap a new coat of paint on the game and make it a new ip like I said it worked for Mario ---> splatoon.

FyreWulff

Prime doesn't sell well and is rated M. Despite what the base would tell you, Metroid is not one of Nintendo's core franchises financially.

Nintendo is trying to make a shooter Metroid that actually sells.

Even Halo went T

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Prime doesn't sell well and is rated M. Despite what the base would tell you, Metroid is not one of Nintendo's core franchises financially.

Even Halo went T
Which is sad but it should also be understandable why people are angry for a game franchise they've loved and supported. If this is well received im gonna eat my foot, but for now imma complain cause this some ole bullshit.

Even Halo went T
All of the 3D Metroids are T rated. Its definitely no Mario or Zelda though. I think Federation Force looks solid but I don't think it has wide appeal. Being on the 3DS this late into its life doesn't help but a Wii U game wouldn't fare any better either.

Village

See, I can understand to an extent when certain games (and sequels) are no longer available on the consoles they have while being on the console some are wary of. I also understand that the Wii U wasn't exactly a success story. At the same time, however, it wasn't like Sony and Microsoft stepped up to the plate to do something about it. Hell, Bayonetta were on PS3 and the 360 so it wasn't like anything were stopping them.
Bayo isn't exactly a hot selling property. It still isn't, bunch of smash votes or no. I don't blame them or sega for not picking it back up themselves.

I'll give sega a lot of shit, and with this sonic 25th anniversary, i'll probably be giving them even more. Heck, i am as of currently in contemplation of making a thread about the relation between reviewers and the public and how that doesn't correlate with every franchise, and give them more shit because of it.

But sega is a company that will let some shit go if its not making money.

" why did it take sony to localize yakuza"

" because when we did it no one bought it, several times. One of those times had keifer sutherland in it. Why do you think we keep making sonic games... people buy sonic shit "

The collective meltdowns about the 100 (CW show) got me dying laughing right now xD

It's not supposed to be funny, because people are legit distressed about it but damn this shit got me weak

Mizerman

Bayo isn't exactly a hot selling property. It still isn't, bunch of smash votes or no. I don't blame them or sega for not picking it back up themselves.

I'll give sega a lot of shit, and with this sonic 25th anniversary, i'll probably be giving them even more. Heck, i am as of currently in contemplation of making a thread about the relation between reviewers and the public and how that doesn't correlate with every franchise, and give them more shit because of it.

But sega is a company that will let some shit go if its not making money.

" why did it take sony to localize yakuza"

" because when we did it no one bought it, several times. One of those times had keifer sutherland in it. Why do you think we keep making sonic games... people buy sonic shit "

Well yeah, if you're not IPs like Sonic or Total War, then Sega will be like "GTFO" and call it a day. I don't necessarily blame them for that. They make money.

Did the people lamenting the lack of an F-Zero ever even bother trying out "Fast Racing NEO?"

Heh.

Speaking of that, my friend keeps wanting me to buy that game.

Johndoey

Banned
Why do people post threads about how hard they are? It's a fucking videogame based forum, keep it to yourself.

Shit was always going to die no matter where it landed.

Infinite

As long as the new Paper Mario game has good side characters, partners, a fun charming story, an fixes the issues from sticker star I couldn't care if you level up or not.

Top Bottom