• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

RedSwirl

Metroid never really fit Nintendo's image or goals.

For starters it was always more popular in the west than in Japan. It was always more popular with the conventional action game demographic, and Nintendo hates the idea of laser focusing on that one group. The guys in Kyoto didn't even really like GoldenEye despite how important that game was.

I like cover shooters well enough personally, but Division feels slow and unresponsive. And it's set in New York and doesn't have Central Park or Brooklyn so fuck it anyway.

What the hell is The Division other than a cover-based shooter though? Is it another game where you go online and do stuff with people to make numbers go up?

I guess I'm just not down for multiplayer games and "connected experiences" anymore.

Infinite

Metroid never really fit Nintendo's image or goals.

For starters it was always more popular in the west than in Japan. It was always more popular with the conventional action game demographic, and Nintendo hates the idea of laser focusing on that one group. The guys in Kyoto didn't even really like GoldenEye despite how important that game was.
The same can be said for Zelda, no? We're also talking about the same Nintendo that founded Bayonetta 2

Shy

Is there any way to NOT like the trailer to Ghostbusters without being a gamer gate supporter or male chauvinist pig? I want to kick a puppy right now.
A male one, so I don't catch heat, but with a pink bow.

What is even happening? Fuck the future..
I hated the trailer too.

Malyse

I'm either so drunk I can't tell I'm already drunk or the alcohol is not very effective.

The only solution is to drink more.

--------

I would murder 7, no 8 people for a Super Smash Bros vs Project X Zone set of projects. One as a Smash with all the PZX characters added and one as a PXZ with Smash characters and worlds. Sort of like how Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter were 'pposed to be 'til Namco was all "fuck it, making games is hard, let's just put Akuma in Tekken 7 and be done with it."

Of course the ideal concept would be to get Square in on the fun for both cases. I would love a FF Tactics with all the FF casts that played like PXZ. I just hope that the NX has the series continue instead of die like No More Heroes.

I want another Suda51 game. Travis would have been great in Smash.

Unpopular opinion: Suda51 > Swery.

02754daabc80fc4f73d573e0c79e2162.jpg

Akasha-Cosplay-02262016.jpg

83d5074af37c5dd7a8035c8be740e7cc.jpg

steampunk.jpg

tumblr_o2bdl6Lhjk1sk6uczo5_1280.jpg
Linked for obvious NS reasons

Johndoey

Banned
I'm either so drunk I can't tell I'm already drunk or the alcohol is not very effective.

The only solution is to drink more.

--------

I would murder 7, no 8 people for a Super Smash Bros vs Project X Zone set of projects. One as a Smash with all the PZX characters added and one as a PXZ with Smash characters and worlds. Sort of like how Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter were 'pposed to be 'til Namco was all "fuck it, making games is hard, let's just put Akuma in Tekken 7 and be done with it."

Of course the ideal concept would be to get Square in on the fun for both cases. I would love a FF Tactics with all the FF casts that played like PXZ. I just hope that the NX has the series continue instead of die like No More Heroes.

I want another Suda51 game. Travis would have been great in Smash.

Unpopular opinion: Suda51 > Swery.

Linked for obvious NS reasons
It doesn't matter what he did before or after Suda made Killer7 possibly the greatest videogame ever made, Swery is known for a janky straight up Twin Peaks rip off a charming one but still.

Edit: I really like how Leslie Jones in the Ghostbusters trailer covered almost every black female stereotype.

D i Z

My dudes we getting on the division train or naw

I'm in.

I like cover shooters well enough personally, but Division feels slow and unresponsive. And it's set in New York and doesn't have Central Park or Brooklyn so fuck it anyway.

Central Park is apparently reserved for later, and Brooklyn is the starting area.

Is there any way to NOT like the trailer to Ghostbusters without being a gamer gate supporter or male chauvinist pig? I want to kick a puppy right now.

My dude. Can't ride for a shit product just to be supportive. I'd like to think that it was just the trailer, and there is certainly more to it than what we saw.
But the tone was all jacked up, and not at all funny, thrilling, or visually interesting. They recycled the shit out of the first films, and shows us very little that wasn't a site gag.
I mean, I'll watch it out of curiosity if nothing else. But I'll bet real money that this one is going to tank because it's bad, and not because of any sexism from the audience.

Edit:

And really tho. What is a cover shooter going to do with Central Park? They'll do something with it, but I can't think of a less effective setting for that kind of gameplay.

I just got my yearly raise!

Congrats, yo!

Village

He wants to do created characters a la KHX, which I'm 100% for. Let me have my black character in canon.

I had this concept ages ago where Mickey is getting his ass kicked and Oswald comes in and saves him, saying some DBZ "the only one who gets to defeat you is me" type thing and then doesn't show up again. Sort of like how Sonic was only right at the very end of Subspace Emissary.
As far as oswald goes, I always pictured the guy as less that, but more he's just kind of an asshole. He's like mickeys' brother, and is the duke. But him and mickey had a falling out and they don't talk much, a way to explain oswald's legally being gone for quite some time. They make amends, but the best thing that would come out of that would oswald sort of being some way as to explaining why mickey stuck to riku so closley, he reminded him of his brother. Or rather oswald.

I have always found Mickey's and riku's relationship interesting because mickey treats riku, way differently than everyone else, he's kind of super real with the kid. That kind of real you are with somoene not because you don't like it, but because you believe in them the most .

The rest of this explination, that gets into max, and why max is the best but he'll never be in kh is probably better served for the kh thread.\

I don't get all the crying about federation force either. Just skip the game if you don't want to play it.

Because they want a , to what many consider, a real metroid game.

They and the paper mario folks are living on the same island , right now

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You know it.

N3b5bk3.gif

Now did Lupin win The Masters or did he steal it from a Pro Golfer?

he went through phases. he rocked the greens, then went through his baby pink cam'ron phase, the traditional red, and finally decided to go crip

Malyse

I like the Nintendo picking up dead franchises rumors. I'd love to see a Beyond Good & Evil sequel with a remake of the first a la Bayonetta.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Congrats Trolita.
Thanks! I think..... Trolita.......

Lemme hold $5. What does a dog need money for anyways?

A dog gots to have his bitches

Grats, bruh.

Thanks!

Do you get paid in Trident Layers now?

No one ever pays me in a gum :(

Happy raise day!

Thanks! Wasn't expecting it when I got in. It's really nice especially since when I first got hired out of college I took an entry level wage and I was getting 1% or 0% raises. I'm getting recognized now and it feels great :D

Let me hold $20 pesos

Wait, $20 in pesos or 20 pesos?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I didn't think the trailer was good or especially funny, but then you go to Youtube and the most popular comment is "WOMEN. ARE. NOT. FUNNY." and you're like, man, I don't really want to feed into this assholery.

shingi70

Banned
Why are people disappointed in the direct, everything points to NX this year meaning the current systems are winding down on big content, and both leaks pointed to decent items but not getting excited.

The Wii U is Wii circa 2011 with only one or two big titles, and the 3DS is living off of RPGS and mid tier games this year.

I'm interested in Federation Force but man I'm hoping there is a big budget game in the works for the series.

Was going to pick up the Division but I'll be grabbkng Fire Emblem and some other 3DS stuff instead.

I didn't think the trailer was good or especially funny, but then you go to Youtube and the most popular comment is "WOMEN. ARE. NOT. FUNNY." and you're like, man, I don't really want to feed into this assholery.
I feel you're a pretty rational person. With much respect to you, or everyone taking it personal or involved..
giphy.gif

My wife was/has been more critical of this thing (I HATE that it needs to be pointed out). This shit is bugging me out..

May i mown your lawn?
¿Gratis? Go crazy lol..

RedSwirl

Yo how is new Lupin? I decided to just wait until it ended up on Netflix or something.

Never really got the chance to get into the franchise.

Top Bottom