• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

Prime doesn't sell well and is rated M.[/B]

No.
latest

Metroid%20Prime%202%20Echoes.jpg

metroid-prime-3-corruption-wii-cover-front-73635.jpg

Nintendo%20Wii%20Metroid%20Other%20M%20Front%20Cover.jpg
That would be a T.

RedSwirl

Man what the fuck is my circadian rhythm thinking?

It decides to un-fuck itself for two days during which I wake up at perfectly respectable times, early enough to eat breakfast even. Then one night for no damn reason I can't get to sleep at 3:30am, and wake up at 11.

Saw this a while back. The way he slammed his hand on the desk at "I'da went home, to my family," implies this man really wanted to get away.

Dereck

Someone help me out here, I just watched Zootopia and I didn't see the connection to any one specific type of mammal or character being analogous to a black person. I think the connection is a little projected, what does anyone else think, am I off?

JLynn

Bayo isn't exactly a hot selling property. It still isn't, bunch of smash votes or no. I don't blame them or sega for not picking it back up themselves.

I'll give sega a lot of shit, and with this sonic 25th anniversary, i'll probably be giving them even more. Heck, i am as of currently in contemplation of making a thread about the relation between reviewers and the public and how that doesn't correlate with every franchise, and give them more shit because of it.

But sega is a company that will let some shit go if its not making money.

" why did it take sony to localize yakuza"

" because when we did it no one bought it, several times. One of those times had keifer sutherland in it. Why do you think we keep making sonic games... people buy sonic shit "

Another perfect example was Valkyria. It bombed with it came out. Twice. It took a $2 steam port for Sega to be like "OK, you like it!". Even though 99% of the people never bought it at full price.

Despite what the base would tell you, Metroid is not one of Nintendo's core franchises financially.

Metroid is one of the two Nintendo series on top of my head that consistently sold way more in the West than the East (Other is Punch-Out). That's why Prime was produced in Texas instead of Kyoto. And Other M being Metroid: A Lifetime Original Movie was Nintendo's one last chance to make Metroid appeal to the Japanese tastes.

It (Other M) bombed in Japan.

Nintendo's like "fuck it" now.

Did the people lamenting the lack of an F-Zero ever even bother trying out "Fast Racing NEO?"

No. Despite it being produced by super Nintendo fanboys (Seriously, They only made one game on a PS platform and that was released one and a half years ago.), If it doesn't have Blue Falcon or Fire Stingray in then NO BUY!

G-Fex

Just stick with the old games. I don't know why folks holding to some outer space level high hopes for new games based on stuff like metroid. It ain't going to be what you want it to be.

Aiustis

Someone help me out here, I just watched Zootopia and I didn't see the connection to any one specific type of mammal or character being analogous to a black person. I think the connection is a little projected, what does anyone else think, am I off?

Haven't seen it yet but I assume all the black animal people are either in the ghetto or africa in mudhuts.

Malyse

BCT what you drinking today?

It's weird how with N letting everyone doing stuffs with their ip that FRN wasn't a FZero game.

Malyse

I still got that powdered Nestea mix from the other day, so that. And maybe vodka.
Yay vodka!

That's surprisingly hard to spell.

Hay! If you like football, I suggest you check out The Rookie by Scott Sigler. Is scifi football and really fantabulous.

Edit: also worth reading if you wonder why people get so invested in football.

-----

My food is so good. Even while your drunk off you ass.

Malyse

anyone else doing the uncharted beta?

I always thought Uncharted betas were kinda pointless. Like? Who's excited about Uncharted multiplayer? Like, dude. This isn't, like, Call of Duty or Battlefield or something.

It wopuld be like KH3 having a beta for its (inevitable) multiplayer mode. Cool but, that's not really the point.

My face is going numb.

JLynn

It's weird how with N letting everyone doing stuffs with their ip that FRN wasn't a FZero game.

Ice Water

And I agree. Shin'en's been a proud supporter of Nintendo since 2000 and has consistently produced all but one game on Nintendo platforms. They even put in work on the Wii while the other companies did cruise control development, hoping to make Carnival Games money. Nintendo was never good at rewarding their loyal supporters so I shouldn't be surprised.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nintendo doesn't take care of it;s franchises outside of Mario and Pokemon
As well as Kirby And Zelda. But I completely agree. Also, I may be on this weekend for uncharted. Hit me up for my psn

I always thought Uncharted betas were kinda pointless. Like? Who's excited about Uncharted multiplayer? Like, dude. This isn't, like, Call of Duty or Battlefield or something.

It wopuld be like KH3 having a beta for its (inevitable) multiplayer mode. Cool but, that's not really the point.

My face is going numb.
Uncharted multiplayer is actually pretty good and generally has a good following on gaf. Join in the fun

Johndoey

Banned

Drinking Shock Top Lemon Shandy and a box of wine.

My face is going numb.
The MP for 2&3 were very popular and with the Last of Us MP being such a surprise hit it's not surprising. Besides it's not like there's a reason not to have a beta.

My face is going numb.

You've never played Uncharted 2's multiplayer. That was my 2nd crack. Wanted to play it competitively actually.

Slayven

As well as Kirby And Zelda. But I completely agree. Also, I may be on this weekend for uncharted. Hit me up for my psn

Uncharted multiplayer is actually pretty good and generally has a good following on gaf. Join in the fun

Kirby is always fire, but you play one Zelda game you played them all.

Except Zelda 2, that shit was straight garbage.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

thats not true. a link between worlds is the most refreshing zelda game ive played in years.

thats not true. a link between worlds is the most refreshing zelda game ive played in years.

Yeah, I wouldn't listen to Slayven when it comes to opinion on games. He always says some crazy shit.

I just finally branched out from the two N64 Zeldas last year and A Link to the Past and Oracle of Seasons are very different beasts.

Malyse

Drinking Shock Top Lemon Shandy and a box of wine.

The MP for 2&3 were very popular and with the Last of Us MP being such a surprise hit it's not surprising. Besides it's not like there's a reason not to have a beta.

You've never played Uncharted 2's multiplayer. That was my 2nd crack. Wanted to play it competitively actually.

I've player every uncharted beta and am pretty decent at the multiplayer. I still think it's pointless. That's not why I play the games.

Johndoey

Banned
One's horror and the other isn't
TR wasn't as expected and had a bigger reaction cos of it
Eh TR was going for a brutal vibe. If the deaths we're actually unsettling in would've worked but it's not even that graphic most of the time.

At least when Isaac throws up his liquefied stomach it elicits a reaction from me.

Top Bottom