• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

andthebeatgoeson

the color purple was pretty dark on its own. when celie is about to "shave mister", i just knew it was about to get real
If it was released today, a few posters would say it was 'super rapey' or, at least, 'super gross'.

But people using 'super' and 'gross' in general language piss me off.

Eh, sounds like language. It's hard for them to pop off, so they meter their language.

zeemumu

Haven't seen Luke Cage this mad since that time Doom refused to pay him.

So I was right. She's gonna
harness that dead fetus power.

Furyous

Kendrick not even the nicest emcee on the west coast:

Locksmith BETTER
Crooked I BETTER
Kurupt historically BETTER

Kendrick is overrated as fuck.

---

Are we going to talk about Michael Bay's newest trailer? I see at least two cringeworthy moments in that trailer that make me avoid watching this movie: the black character with glasses and the stereotype black mutants.

TheFlow

Banned

Locksmith BETTER
Crooked I BETTER

---

Are we going to talk about Michael Bay's newest trailer? I see at least two cringeworthy moments in that trailer that make me avoid watching this movie: the black character with glasses and the stereotype black mutants.
Those are actually the only two things right with the trailer.

Watching The Splat and Doug is as good as ever. When Patty's friend gut punched Roger for being an ass was hilarious. He stopped talking shit after that. It also makes me wonder why they hung around him so much when nobody likes him.

Mizerman

Locksmith BETTER
Crooked I BETTER

---

In all fairness with the exception of the 80's cartoon, Baxter Stockman was always black with glasses.

Numb

New TMNT movie trailer. Looks like the entire movie was in the trailer and still felt like nothing.

Plat TMNT thoo

tumblr_loowokD17A1qhl7ruo1_500.gif

Excited

D i Z

New TMNT movie trailer. Looks like the entire movie was in the trailer and still felt like nothing.

Plat TMNT thoo

tumblr_loowokD17A1qhl7ruo1_500.gif

Excited

That image is amazing in how it ranks the girls from rhythm to struggle.

Didn't even know they were doing another TMNT. I thought the first one bombed.

Might have been saved by overseas viewing and that VOD market. I recall there was a massive push to get it out there, and it going out as a free promotion for the studios online services.

Might have been saved by overseas viewing and that VOD market. I recall there was a massive push to get it out there, and it going out as a free promotion for the studios online services.

Wonder if this second chance with the IP will help with fixing what is wrong with it. Guess I should go view the trailer.

don't be salty your favorite rapper can't compare to drake
Flynt Flossy and Whatchamacallit >>> Drake
Watching The Splat and Doug is as good as ever. When Patty's friend gut punched Roger for being an ass was hilarious. He stopped talking shit after that. It also makes me wonder why they hung around him so much when nobody likes him.
Roger was always down to clown, plus he always had his crew. Doug was a simp who couldn't stand up for himself.

Finished my last final and I'm worried about my grades. I took my computer forensics class last year and I failed it and then took it again and this time I got a 71% C. I'm required to have a B in the class to pass and I can only take the class twice. I called my teacher to know what happens next and he basically said that I need to get another major because I can't handle this one. Which of course pissed me off even more because all the work I had put into this would basically be wasted. On top of that I have a 3.0 GPA so telling me I can't handle it is some bullshit. He told me he hasn't made final calculations to the grades so it can change but I doubt it would move it up 10 points to get me a B. So right now I'm freaking out because my job will only give me a permanent position when I graduate. All my other grades are A's and B's so this is the only class that has got me feeling fucked up.

TheFlow

Banned
Finished my last final and I'm worried about my grades. I took my computer forensics class last year and I failed it and then took it again and this time I got a 71% C. I'm required to have a B in the class to pass and I can only take the class twice. I called my teacher to know what happens next and he basically said that I need to get another major because I can't handle this one. Which of course pissed me off even more because all the work I had put into this would basically be wasted. On top of that I have a 3.0 GPA so telling me I can't handle it is some bullshit. He told me he hasn't made final calculations to the grades so it can change but I doubt it would move it up 10 points to get me a B. So right now I'm freaking out because my job will only give me a permanent position when I graduate. All my other grades are A's and B's so this is the only class that has got me feeling fucked up.
Your situation happened to my sister at UF but for Bio. Sucks how they make you change majors like because of it.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Good luck fam. Even if this door closes another more successful one will open.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Finally saw Mad Max: Fury Road for the first time.

That movie is cool as shit. Had the biggest smile on my face.

Shy

That's rough, stay strong. Faded.
Finally saw Mad Max: Fury Road for the first time.

That movie is cool as shit. Had the biggest smile on my face.
798SN7K.gif

Mizerman

Damn.

All I can say is keep at it, man.

Granted, I don't really care about the Turtles, but I didn't think the first one was awful.

Same here and I don't claim to be much of a Turtle-head either. I certainly didn't expect that I'd actually be interested in seeing a sequel after seeing it but here we are. Bebop and Rocksteady look too good to pass up.

Finished the broken age ps4 game just now.

one of the best games i played this year honestly, worth the purchase (free last month) if you like point and click adventure games. Humors on point too.

Young Magus

Hang in there b,

you were at the same spot I was a while back in university, hang it there you'll push thought it

BlackJace

Professor's a bit of an ass, hope it works out for you, fam.

andthebeatgoeson

Reaching my weight goal this week not having had any junk food in 3 motnhs or so.
Went to an american all you can eat pizza buffet yesterday and was like this
fGjteV4.gif

Also had 2 huge burgers and 2ltr coke today. Gained 6lbs in 2 days
Good for you in losing. Best L in a year. Yeah, it goes back on quickly. I'm at 8 lbs and aiming for 25 more. It's hard to stay on it.

Just remember, it's a life style change.

I'm at least gonna wait till the theater is deserted. Don't want anyone else seeing me smile.

Speaking of good graphics, XCOM 2 is looking pretty fantastic. Most interesting part of this video though is the customization stuff. With the amount of articles about customization options of black and other minority characters, I'm hoping Firaxis has learned something. Although, "The options for customizing your character are staggering" isn't really an unfamiliar saying when it comes to releasing games. I hope it actually means it now.

I'm at least gonna wait till the theater is deserted. Don't want anyone else seeing me smile.

Speaking of good graphics, XCOM 2 is looking pretty fantastic. Most interesting part of this video though is the customization stuff. With the amount of articles about customization options of black and other minority characters, I'm hoping Firaxis has learned something. Although, "The options for customizing your character are staggering" isn't really an unfamiliar saying when it comes to releasing games. I hope it actually means it now.

Wait, you're watching this in the cinema?

Welp.

tumblr_m3jb56MHFQ1qj4pjzo1_500.gif

Top Bottom