• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

I might have missed it. Love that the Flash and AoS willing to dig deep.

Looks like loads of people got it, just nobody bothered to answer my question and I was too lazy to search lol.

Shame they've already killed of Strucker and the
original
Kraken.

EDIT: Yes, I perpetually confuse
Gorgon and Kraken.

Slayven

The Flash is pretty good at doing that. Even if it is cameos.
Yeah but still fuck Arrow, I just don't like the show or anyone in it. And can't understand why so many are thirsty over a generic chick

I'm okay with this because Firestorm needs that push. DC should forget Cyborg and push Firestorm.

Especially if it is Jason, Cyborg should stay in the Titans lane.

Looks like loads of people got it, just nobody bothered to answer my question and I was too lazy to search lol.

Shame they've already killed of Strucker and the
original
Gorgon.

Gorgon got better but hasn't been seen

Vibe is one of the main characters. And one of those most popular.

Fucking Vibe.

Slay and I have been talking up Vibe for years. It's good to see everyone taking notice.

Yeah but still fuck Arrow, I just don't like the show or anyone in it. And can't understand why so many are thirsty over a generic chick

Especially if it is Jason, Cyborg should stay in the Titans lane.

I never liked Arrow.

Jason is such a great character. Where is Firestorm in the comics right now?

Slayven

Slay and I have been talking up Vibe for years. It's good to see everyone taking notice.

I never liked Arrow.

Honestly couldn't say I read like the first 3 issues of the new 52 reboot and nothing sinse.

PInk Tape

Banned

Nobody asked for this.

8lSB3q0V.gif

Mizerman

Since we are getting Kyle Green Lantern over John Green Lantern, DC needed a brother and Cyborg is the most recognizable in DC for non comic readers.

Well yeah, I get that people will recognize Cyborg thanks to TT, TTG and even Injustice in a way. I don't have too much of a problem with it, though.

Sou Da

Just saw The Man with the Iron Fists for the first time. So Russell Crowe is Slayven in this one right?

EDIT: Lol I looked it up and there's a straight to DVD sequel.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't usually get mad at GAF itself, but I'm getting real tired of all the thread-shitting I'm seeing this week.

"Why are there so many Donald Trump threads?"
Because he dominates a large part of current pop culture.

"Why are there so many Star Wars threads?"
Because it dominates a large part of current pop culture.

"Why are there so many Marvel threads?"

People usually post this shit because they either: A) Legitimately don't understand why these things are so popular or B) They know exactly why, but they just wanna be that coold dude that's so above it all.

The former is kinda likely considering most Gaffers are either middle-aged and/or unable to tell what's relevant at the moment but the latter seems more likely. I don't know why considering no one's gonna give you a big blue ribbon that says "Most Special Snowflake on GAF" for pretending to not understand why lots of people care about certain things./rant

Slayven

I don't usually get mad at GAF itself, but I'm getting real tired of all the thread-shitting I'm seeing this week.

People usually post this shit because they either: A) Legitimately don't understand why these things are so popular or B) They know exactly why, but they just wanna be that coold dude that's so above it all.

The former is kinda likely considering most Gaffers are either middle-aged and/or unable to tell what's relevant at the moment but the latter seems more likely. I don't know why considering no one's gonna give you a big blue ribbon that says "Most Special Snowflake on GAF" for pretending to not understand why lots of people care about certain things./rant
How hard is it to skip a thread and find one you want to post in?

akira28

I never liked Arrow.

after the whole time fuckup with Brother Eye and that Future shit, then the DC reformat after the last Crisis shit, I havent seen Firestorm, and that's fine with me because they basically have resorted to "passionate, obstinate jock who controls Firestorm, and the black dude he ignores, who acts as his conscience".

They need to let Jason be Jason away from Ronnie. I was psyched they were bringing Ronnie back, back in the day because Firestorm was one of my favorites growing up. But be careful what you wish for because they brought him back only for me to learn to hate him.

Crocodile

If that did happen, you know who they'll blame.

The awful, sad truth :(

Yeah the jessica jones is weird, i seen sites that are polar oppsotires of each other agree on JJ being good. And most of the complaints seem like nitpicks.

Don't get me wrong you are allowed to not like something, but admit you just don't like it. Instead of making it like the thing is wrong and broken because you don't like it.

I don't like the Wire or Breaking Bad, but I admit they are great shows.

Like I haven't seen Jessica Jones yet or entered into any of the threads so I dunno if people are doing a poor job of arguing their criticisms. However, someone can fundamentally disagree that a work is well written, directed, etc. and that it bring the work down for them. "I think work X is fundamentally flawed in manner y" is a fine minority opinion to have - you just gotta back it up (as with positive opinions as well). Are people just not doing that?

Considering even people in here are expressing exasperation about the number of these sorts of thread, I don't think anything about this is abnormal. I usually just avoid posting in threads where I have no interest in making a real contribution though. I mean I may also feel "why is this the 5454344th thread on this topic?" but if I enter a thread to say that, I make an effort to also actually contribute to the conversation as well. Then again, say absolutely nothing means the number of these sorts of threads will just proliferate. If you think that is annoying or frustrating, saying nothing won't help. Though perhaps in those instance it might be better to send a polite memo to a mod rather than be rude in a thread.

Tim Drake still stealing folks' girls

I got you fam

Tim Drake recently clocked Dick in the mouth because Dick was being himself.

after the whole time fuckup with Brother Eye and that Future shit, then the DC reformat after the last Crisis shit, I havent seen Firestorm, and that's fine with me because they basically have resorted to "passionate, obstinate jock who controls Firestorm, and the black dude he ignores, who acts as his conscience".

They need to let Jason be Jason away from Ronnie. I was psyched they were bringing Ronnie back, back in the day because Firestorm was one of my favorites growing up. But be careful what you wish for because they brought him back only for me to learn to hate him.

Ronnie was always kind of a jerk.

D i Z

Just saw The Man with the Iron Fists for the first time. So Russell Crowe is Slayven in this one right?

EDIT: Lol I looked it up and there's a straight to DVD sequel.

I think it's on Netflix now. I considered adding it to my list...

I don't think I added it.

Somebody really should do this.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Considering even people in here are expressing exasperation about the number of these sorts of thread, I don't think anything about this is abnormal. I usually just avoid posting in threads where I have no interest in making a real contribution though. I mean I may also feel "why is this the 5454344th thread on this topic?" but if I enter a thread to say that, I make an effort to also actually contribute to the conversation as well. Then again, say absolutely nothing means the number of these sorts of threads will just proliferate. If you think that is annoying or frustrating, saying nothing won't help. Though perhaps in those instance it might be better to send a polite memo to a mod rather than be rude in a thread.

If people don't like an amount of threads about something on GAF, I'd much rather they talk to a mod about it than go into the thread just to say "Why is this a thread, aren't I so cool for interrupting your little circlejerk?" But apparently that's just too hard for some people.

Slayven

6rMaV3DYufVmqLbi3MRMFFc1E9L2V.jpg

The awful, sad truth :(

Like I haven't seen Jessica Jones yet or entered into any of the threads so I dunno if people are doing a poor job of arguing their criticisms. However, someone can fundamentally disagree that a work is well written, directed, etc. and that it bring the work down for them. "I think work X is fundamentally flawed in manner y" is a fine minority opinion to have - you just gotta back it up (as with positive opinions as well). Are people just not doing that?

Very few, you know the ones that give thought out criticism are drowned by those that don't

Mizerman

There are some who tend to give decent reason why they either like something or don't. Unfortunately, it's drowned out by those who are louder and just type out "x sucks because I say so."

If people don't like an amount of threads about something on GAF, I'd much rather they talk to a mod about it than go into the thread just to say "Why is this a thread, aren't I so cool for interrupting your little circlejerk?" But apparently that's just too hard for some people.

Eh. They think they're just doing their "freedom of speech" thing and assume that they can type anything without repercussions.

Village

Is this opposite day?

Not really.

I mean being worst robin is like being the least tastiest golden oreo

they are all good, this one is just a bit bland and derivative of the first two golden oreos, and doesn't really have anything you unique going for it

So you never read anything involving him

I have , he's not as interesting as the other robins

He has nothing unique going for him.

He some how has achieved a state more vanilla than robin 1.

Not really.

they are all good, this one is just a bit bland and derivative of the first two golden oreos, and doesn't really have anything you unique going for it

Someone who gets it.

EDIT: I'll give you this, he was slightly more interesting than Jason as Robin but Jason as Red Hood > Tim as Red Robin. (Before the New 52 anyway, now they're both garbage-tier.)

Sou Da

Someone who gets it.

Not really.

He some how has achieved a state more vanilla than robin 1.

These are some shit opinions but I don't blame you since DC editorial has done all but retcon Tim out of existence as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck Identity Crisis, fuck his Nu52 backstory.

Village

You misspelled Damian Wayne.

I remember when Tim Drake having actual detective skills was a thing.

WAT? Nah fam, and Damian knows that Tim is the worst

Just walk up to tim like " hey tim why are you the filler arc of robins"

These are some shit opinions but I don't blame you since DC editorial has done all but retcon Tim out of existence as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck Identity Crisis, fuck his Nu52 backstory.

Nah, i've been shitting on tim drake for a minute dude. I don't hate tim, by the way he's fine. But that's it, he's fine. In Sea of interesting characters, he's 7. He's the dark souls 2, of robins. He's fine. He's the iron man 3 of robins.

Top Bottom