• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

ReiGun

Last I checked in with the Robins, Tim was failing at leading the Titans, Damien had a pet monster, Dick was James Bond, and Jason's book still didn't interest me.

Is that pretty much still how it goes?

Sou Da

Hey look someone hasn't been reading the 52 lately.

Jason Todd was such a crap Robin that he even admits it in the comics.

Took one look at the whole Robin War and saw how goofy the police persecution was, put it down.

That and I don't like JTIV in general. Or did you mean Eternal or something? Nothing really changes the continued "His Dad is dead" and "He was never Robin".

EDIT: DC Teen team books are cancerous slaughterhouses so I never bothered with TT. Brett Booth art doesn't help.

Took one look at the whole Robin War and saw how goofy the police persecution was, put it down.

That and I don't like JTIV in general. Or did you mean Eternal or something? Nothing really changes the continued "His Dad is dead" and "He was never Robin".

EDIT: DC Teen team books are cancerous slaughterhouses so I never bothered with TT. Brett Booth art doesn't help.
Batman and Robin: Eternal is fun. It's all about the Robins.

and Tim was a Robin. Like how do you read that issue and ignore the picture of Bats and him together in his old Robin costume?

Sou Da

Batman and Robin: Eternal is fun. It's all about the Robins.

and Tim was a Robin. Like how do you read that issue and ignore the picture of Bats and him together in his old Robin costume?

I saw it restated in a recent issue of Robin War about him just straight up being RR. They can't seem to keep these things straight.

TheFlow

Banned
Jason Todd is the worst robin, but Red hood is my favorite thing to come out of the Bat family.

Anyway, I just got done with finals, and got me the thickest publix sub :D

I saw it restated in a recent issue of Robin War about him just straight up being RR. They can't seem to keep these things straight.

He was still Bruce's side kick and the best detective of the original three Robins. He just wanted to be different and called him himself Red Robin. It's just a name. What matters was his role and relationship with Bruce is/was intact.

Shit, the new issue of Grayson does a good job showing how the three older Robins are influenced by their time with Bruce.

Another thing I like about the nu52 is that the Robins consider each other brothers.

Sou Da

He was still Bruce's side kick and the best detective of the original three Robins. He just wanted to be different and called him himself Red Robin. It's just a name. What matters was his role and relationship with Bruce is/was intact.

Shit, the new issue of Grayson does a good job showing how the three older Robins are influenced by their time with Bruce.

Another thing I like about the nu52 is that the Robins consider each other brothers.

Does he even figure out that Bruce is Batman before becoming Robin?

Does he become Robin to get Bruce back on track?

Was his father ever alive during his time as Robin?

These three things are pretty important elements that made him stand apart from the other Robins.

TheFlow

Banned

idk how considering how Bruce has trained 3 robins in a time frame of 5 years.

Is the book where Ra's Al-Ghul calls Tim Drake "Detective" before or after the Nu52? I consider that to be a factor when rating Robins. IMHO, Jason Todd is the worst, then and now. And yes, I count Stephanie Brown as a Robin.

Why do people hate new Batgirl again? I'm only going off of the design and the covers / panels I've seen, but I'm assuming it's more or less oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg, right?

ReiGun

Why do people hate new Batgirl again? I'm only going off of the design and the covers / panels I've seen, but I'm assuming it's more or less oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg, right?

Idiots don't like it because they think it's DC giving in to the EssJayDoubleU's. I don't like it because I've never like Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and I think the current creative direction would better fit Stephanie Brown.

TheFlow

Banned
I had a 67 in my A&P class because I didn't study, so I texted my prof and said "what can I do to get the 3 points" he texted me 10 mins later saying Merry Christmas... He gave me a C!!!!

I am so happy

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Idiots don't like it because they think it's DC giving in to the EssJayDoubleU's. I don't like it because I've never like Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and I think the current creative direction would better fit Stephanie Brown.

being forgotten would better fit brown

Mizerman

I had a 67 in my A&P class because I didn't study, so I texted my prof and said "what can I do to get the 3 points" he texted me 10 mins later saying Merry Christmas... He gave me a C!!!!

I am so happy

Heh. Congrats.

I gotta do my finals next Monday and I wanna get that out of the way.

I am so happy

Reward laziness brehs
dame2.png

And here I thought keeping Babs as Oracle would be giving into the EssJayDoubleU's. As in "giving a superheroine to the differently abled". And making Babs the Batgirl again is for the nostalgia crowd. Though, I /can/ see some women who'd want her out of the Killing Joke fridge.

akira28

She's kinda lame. Her hipster costume is bleh, and she's basically a completely new character they've created to fit into the Barbara Gordon:Batgirl slot post nu-52 personality wipe. Manic Pixie Nerd girl with a Temper and Eidetic memory.

Some people have actual reasons. There's very little of the Barbara or the Batgirl that anyone remembers, other than spunky red headed teenage girl in a cape.

Slayven

This would mean something if you weren't a Gambit fan.
Damn kid, didn't know you were a killer
She's kinda lame. Her hipster costume is bleh, and she's basically a completely new character they've created to fit into the Barbara Gordon:Batgirl slot post nu-52 personality wipe. Manic Pixie Nerd girl with a Temper and Eidetic memory.

Some people have actual reasons. There's very little of the Barbara or the Batgirl that anyone remembers, other than spunky red headed teenage girl in a cape.

All that

ReiGun

And here I thought keeping Babs as Oracle would be giving into the EssJayDoubleU's. As in "giving a superheroine to the differently abled". And making Babs the Batgirl again is for the nostalgia crowd. Though, I /can/ see some women who'd want her out of the Killing Joke fridge.

Everyone mostly wants Oracle back; she was really popular. The people I'm talking about don't like the new Batgirl because it's clearly aimed at the young, 20-something "tumblr" crowd.

Though, ironically, that was the same crowd who yelled the loudest when Steph got shafted for Babs. DC had exactly what they wanted and threw it away for no reason.

Everyone mostly wants Oracle back; she was really popular. The people I'm talking about don't like the new Batgirl because it's clearly aimed at the young, 20-something "tumblr" crowd.

Though, ironically, that was the same crowd who yelled the loudest when Steph got shafted for Babs.

I see your point. I'm too old to get those tumblr kids. :) I just love Oracle. They made lemonade out of that Killing Joke lemon Babs was handed. Plus she was connected to Suicide Squad.

Slayven

I see your point. I'm too old to get those tumblr kids. :) I just love Oracle. They made lemonade out of that Killing Joke lemon Babs was handed. Plus she was connected to Suicide Squad.

Oracle was so boss, didn't nothing get done in the superhero community without her knowing, and even Superman kissed the ring.

And she made it a google reminder to tell Batman to kiss her ass on the regular.

ReiGun

Oracle was so boss, didn't nothing get done in the superhero community without her knowing, and even Superman kissed the ring.

And she made it a google reminder to tell Batman to kiss her ass on the regular.

I remember a panel in Gail's second run of BoP of like six or seven heroes or teams all calling Oracle for help. Motherfuckers like Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Flash, hell even the OG's in the JSA.

Slayven

I remember a panel in Gail's second run of BoP of like six or seven heroes or teams all calling Oracle for help. Motherfuckers like Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Flash, hell even the OG's in the JSA.

Yeah and The Calculator tried to set himself up as the villain version of Oracle.

Top Bottom